Bethesda warns Fallout 76 fans to expect 'spectacular' bugs and issues

33 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

This is literally a public beta. Did anyone even read what they said......

It's one thing to release a product saying it's the full thing with a bunch of bugs. This is the beta and they are asking us to help find bugs which is what a beta is. 

doesnt matter to me

I havent seen anything released in last few yrs that didnt need updating

honestly it doesnt really bother me hence my statement purchased beta

I am eso player since its real beta lol

Nothing wrong here. Why are ppl whining?

And for the love of god, just DONT PRE ORDER. I have preordered only 2 gamee because I knew I would play them no matter what, and I know that I cant complain because I preordered and that was my choice and Mine alone.

And why are ppl getting mad about tomb raider? Ppl sound like babies, "oh I paid full price and now that its cheaper thats bad because other people will have it better than me" - stupid logic of not wanting other people to have good things when you dont.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Just now, pas008 said:

doesnt matter to me

I havent seen anything released in last few yrs that didnt need updating

honestly it doesnt really bother me hence my statement purchased beta

I am eso player since its real beta lol

I am just saying that people are complaining that they are about to release beta with bugs is just dumb. 

>bethesda game

>buggy as every game they've released

>not on steam 

>always online

>so virtually no chance of community patch mods

>people expecting this to be different from previous releases

Is the gaming community that brain dead when it comes to Bethesda?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I am just saying that people are complaining that they are about to release beta with bugs is just dumb. 

I cant complain about it

my statement

its practically how it works now days

too many variables (hardware to existing software on a pc along with drivers)now days for a company to fix everything

I honestly think companies should have longer open betas or sectional betas to test random areas of a game also and by being a beta tester offer coupons and/or discounts on game/dlc/etc

I know some do but I think it should be common practice

1 hour ago, Alexzz_ said:

Why spend millions on RND when you can rush out a product, see how much it breaks, fix it and then sell it under either a renewed version or different brand.

Image result for ea

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

That was the reason i went with the PC version, too many game breaking bugs.  At least with the PC version you can open the console and cheat past some of them.  I was affected with one in New Vegas, where you couldn't zone into the city without wearing a specific cowboy hat.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

1 hour ago, OnyxArmos said:

Yikes maybe I won't buy this game at launch then

Preorder is bad man. Batman Arkham Knight is a good example why you shouldn't preorder games. 

have they ever released a game without bugs and have they ever fixed them ? this does not surprise me coming from that company.

2 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

look at how Tomb Raider got buried into oblivion and had a 34% discount on the game that was released less than 30 ago

Didn't this happen with the previous Tomb Raider as well? It probably doesn't help that it was released between some big games like Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming up soon and Spider-Man for the PS4 was released before it.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

46 minutes ago, Hidden Orange said:

Didn't this happen with the previous Tomb Raider as well? It probably doesn't help that it was released between some big games like Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming up soon and Spider-Man for the PS4 was released before it.

previously they shot themselves in the foot by making TR2 a PS4 exclusive, came to PC after 4 months, came to XBox after a year, so yeah no one cared at that point. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

3 hours ago, OnyxArmos said:

Yikes maybe I won't buy this game at launch then

You should never buy them at launch, there are very few exceptions in my case where i trust in the studio and buy their game so early.

Bethesda...

Bethasda

Betasda

Beta

1 minute ago, OnyxArmos said:

Nintendo games?

Nope, one of them is CDPR, the other is the dev's of the God of War franchise :D .

It's always a good sign to pre-order when a company makes a public statement that their new products will have severe faults. Imagine the positive outcome a car company would have with this business practice.

3 hours ago, pas008 said:

this isnt limited to just games

bugs and issues are all over now days

phones/cars/mobos/cpus/consoles/gpus/os/software/etc

its practically how it works now days

everything is purchased as public beta lol

Just Apple starting another trend.

6 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Just Apple starting another trend.

apple?

how do you figure

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

This is literally a public beta. Did anyone even read what they said......

It's one thing to release a product saying it's the full thing with a bunch of bugs. This is the beta and they are asking us to help find bugs which is what a beta is. 

There are plenty of bugs in the original Skyrim still present in the Switch version that the modding community had both reported and when fixes were not forthcoming fixed on their own. Their presence on the Switch version means that Bethesda doesn't give a damn about bugs unless they're completely game breaking.

"We need your help" Should read as "You're a bunch of mindless fucking fanboys that will pay us to test this shit for us so yeah expect broken fucking shit, keep giving us money while we keep pushing the bar of how bad launches are"

-------

Current Rig

-------

17 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

There are plenty of bugs in the original Skyrim still present in the Switch version that the modding community had both reported and when fixes were not forthcoming fixed on their own. Their presence on the Switch version means that Bethesda doesn't give a damn about bugs unless they're completely game breaking.

We will just have to wait and see I guess. 

If you really read the whole thing they posted they are basically just saying:

" Hey we are excited about this game, please help us find the bugs so we can make it better"

They are saying this to BETA TESTERS. So, yes, pretty obvious. There is no real news story here.

3 hours ago, Taja said:

Nothing wrong here. Why are ppl whining?

And for the love of god, just DONT PRE ORDER. I have preordered only 2 gamee because I knew I would play them no matter what, and I know that I cant complain because I preordered and that was my choice and Mine alone.

And why are ppl getting mad about tomb raider? Ppl sound like babies, "oh I paid full price and now that its cheaper thats bad because other people will have it better than me" - stupid logic of not wanting other people to have good things when you dont.

Games always get cheaper with time so if you buy on release then you should expect others to get it cheaper eventually. It was a bit sooner than normal but the end result is the same. Honestly I am a bit biased because I am a huge Bethesda fan ever since I played oblivion as a kid. I preordered knowing that buggy or not I will play it all the same. 

can't remember of a single bethesda game that wasn't filled with bugs and issues at launch...so this is nothing new :)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

As a big fan of the Fallout series, i'm skipping 76 and have absolutely no interest in it.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX