Samsung's Galaxy S10 Will Look Completely Different

Samsung's Galaxy S10 Will Look Completely Different

When Samsung unveils its Galaxy S10 flagship early next year, it should look anything but iterative.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9aLzcvODAwODk5L29yaWdpbmFsL2dzMTAuanBn

In addition to new colors, Samsung is reportedly planning a revamped design with a long-awaited virtual fingerprint sensor baked into the smartphone's screen. The smartphone could prove to be the biggest update from Samsung in quite some time.

Aside from that, Hemmerstoffer added that Samsung's Galaxy S10 "PVT is just around the corner." PVT stands for Product Validation Testing, which occurs when a smartphone's design has been finalized and it's time to start testing it to see if it can be released.

Samsung has long had strong ties to color in its flagship handsets. The company usually launches its devices in a handful of colors and then makes exclusive color options available on different carrier networks.

Offering nine color gradients at launch, however, would be a first for Samsung. And using color gradients suggests that the company is aiming at creating a major design change in the handset. Samsung's current flagships come with a single color design and glossy finishes that can create some variation in hue when viewed at different angles or light. A color gradient, however, means the phones will have a color transition on their rear.

Although Samsung hasn't said much about the Galaxy S10, Forbes, which earlier cited the OnLeaks report, noted that Samsung mobile chief DJ Koh said last week at a speaking engagement that the Galaxy S10 would offer "amazing" colors.

The Galaxy S10 should also be the first phone to feature Qualcomm's next Snapdragon processor, and one version of the handset may even offer 5G capability.

According to reports, Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S10 as early as CES in January or as late as Mobile World Congress in February.

Source: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-s10-design-colors,news-28196.html

To further improve reliability I have a quote by Samung's CEO (thanks  @Whiskers for the reminder):

These leaked benchmarks come hot on the heels of DJ Koh, CEO of Samsung's mobile biz, confirming that design changes to the Galaxy S10 will be "very significant". 

Speaking to Chinese media, Koh suggested that the firm's 10th-anniversary smartphone will be more than an incremental update - as the S9 was to the S8 - adding the S10 would be offered in "amazing" new colours. 

Source: https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3030399/galaxy-s10-release-date-specs-price-samsung-leak-confirms-four-models-5g-variant

"Experience SX with Samsung".

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

@The_Tron Please edit your post to comply with the Tech News Posting Guidelines. Quotes from an article must make use of the editor's quote function in order to clearly indicate that they originate from the linked source.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Expected for the anniversary phone. I really wish they get rid of the so called edge display it's very annoying, but probably won't. Also get rid of the glass back, probably won't. 

They will probably increase the screen-to-body ratio further and hopefully have stereo speakers and a good multi-cam setup. In-display fingerprint sensor is neat. Now battery I'd expect it to start from 4000mAh at least. 

For other spec aside from new improvesd SD and Exynos SoC maybe lile 8GB RAM and who knows 4K screen. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

But does it have the headphone jack @Apple

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

how very boring looking.

no bezels = no impact protection, any slight drop is going to shatter the screen.

No notch but it looks like they are still trying to make their Edge shit work which means get ready for random screen touches when holding the phone like a regular human person

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Uh, does anyone realize that we’re looking at an unofficial render?

The actual S10 could look wildly different 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

10 minutes ago, Arika S said:

no bezels = no impact protection, any slight drop is going to shatter the screen.

No more breakable than any other phone on the market really.

11 minutes ago, Arika S said:

No notch but it looks like they are still trying to make their Edge shit work which means get ready for random screen touches when holding the phone like a regular human person

Palm rejection on S8/S9 is actually really good. 

Personally I like the look of it. But thats coming from someone with an S5...

33 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

But does it have the headphone jack @Apple

Oh, can you imagine if Samsung ditches the headphone jack?

There will be riots.  People who thought Samsung would be 'loyal' to them (as if a company was obligated to be loyal) will feel betrayed.  You could also imagine the existential crises some will face as they realize that no, the remove-the-headphone-jack trend isn't going away, and they can't just hold on to a phone forever to wait until companies "come to their senses."

Anybody else don't like where smartphone designs (and prices) are heading?

No longer thinking about practicality. You drop it - dead. You buy a case - the case becomes a hindrance to using it properly.

Everybody's pushing out bezel-less phones but how do you hold it comfortably without losing grip? How do you use it without accidentally touching part of the screen?

They want everything thinner - which also means less battery life.

Make sense great again!

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

18 minutes ago, ThePD said:

Personally I like the look of it. But thats coming from someone with an S5...

Well, it's just a third-party conceptual render, so you might want to refrain from judgment until there's an actual leak.

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

Expected for the anniversary phone. I really wish they get rid of the so called edge display it's very annoying, but probably won't. Also get rid of the glass back, probably won't. 

They will probably increase the screen-to-body ratio further and hopefully have stereo speakers and a good multi-cam setup. In-display fingerprint sensor is neat. Now battery I'd expect it to start from 4000mAh at least. 

For other spec aside from new improvesd SD and Exynos SoC maybe lile 6GB RAM and who knows 4K screen. 

samsung phones already have stereo speakers, 6gb ram and a good multi cam set up. Plus 4000 mah in the note 9

If the screen isn’t flat I don’t want it. 

Spoiler

Not like I would consider it even if the screen was flat tho. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

samsung phones already have stereo speakers, 6gb ram and a good multi cam set up. Plus 4000 mah in the note 9

Oh for sure, just wouldn't want them to ditch anything like stereo speakers maybe for more display. As for multi-cam setup, hope to see good wide angle lens.

Edit. Oh yeah I meant 8GB

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

39 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

Anybody else don't like where smartphone designs (and prices) are heading?

No longer thinking about practicality. You drop it - dead. You buy a case - the case becomes a hindrance to using it properly.

Everybody's pushing out bezel-less phones but how do you hold it comfortably without losing grip? How do you use it without accidentally touching part of the screen?

They want everything thinner - which also means less battery life.

Make sense great again!

The prices of phones steadily going up worries me a lot. Only because the Midrange phones are truly lacking with relatively high prices considering the piss poor specs (unless you buy from a Chinese website). I am thinking about the Nokia 6.1 which costs $380 (CAD) and uses a Snapdragon 630. You may as well spend $700 (CAD) and get a flagship phone. I can already hear people nagging me about the Pocophone. But that phone isn’t built for the North American market and some issues with carrier frequencies may apply. 

EDIT: That said Tim Cook and Warren Buffet both agree that there is a market for $1000+ phones. So having ultra premium phones makes sense. But please don’t ignore entry level and midrange phones. As long as there’s a decent phone for every price bracket I am OK with flagship phones getting more expensive. 

52 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Oh, can you imagine if Samsung ditches the headphone jack?

There will be riots.  People who thought Samsung would be 'loyal' to them (as if a company was obligated to be loyal) will feel betrayed.  You could also imagine the existential crises some will face as they realize that no, the remove-the-headphone-jack trend isn't going away, and they can't just hold on to a phone forever to wait until companies "come to their senses."

If that happens, I'll honestly be contemplating a switch to the iPhone.

At least I don't have to suffer with the USB-C mess.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

54 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

If the screen isn’t flat I don’t want it. 

Hide contents

Not like I would consider it even if the screen was flat tho. 

If the screen isn't a sphere then I will be disappointed. Everyone is doing flat screens but what about spherical? It's never been done so someone needs to start innovating and think outside of the box and it a sphere. 

1 hour ago, Dogeystyle said:

Ah, so this must mean software and OS update support for the S9 just finished

In all seriousness, the S8 and S9 will continue to receive OS updates.

The S8 may not get official OS updates past 9.0/9.1 but unofficial support does exist. The S9 should get support for 9.0/9.1 and 10.0

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),