iPhone Xs and Xs Plus Promo Images have Leaked

Djole123
3 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Surprisingly in my experience I’ve never had an issue with palm rejection on any Apple device....meanwhile on even the latest Samsung phones, if I even look at them wrong the display things I’ve clicked something. 

Apple has some of the best palm rejection software out there. 

Bit more likely on the X. Used one for a couple and I did end up accidentally moving stuff around because my palm got detected.

Same problem with my Note8 until I cased it

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I sure love how not prominent the notch is in those pictures. It's as if even Apple hates them and wants to get rid of them as soon as the technology allows them to at mass production, but companies think know consumers are stupid and keep adding notches because lol y not.

The only good notch is no notch. The only good substitution for having a notch and not wanting one is the tear drop style.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

8 minutes ago, Suika said:

Apple hates them and wants to get rid of them as soon as the technology allows them to at mass production

They would have loved to not had a notch. But finger print readers through glass weren’t ready yet and FaceID is a large array of sensors. There is no way around the notch other than to go back to the iPhone 6 Design. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

14 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

What the hell are you talking about? S8/S9 palm rejection are excellent. 

Idk, I picked one up once and according to the phone I was pressing buttons randomly 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

They would have loved to not had a notch. But finger print readers through glass weren’t ready yet and FaceID is a large array of sensors. There is no way around the notch other than to go back to the iPhone 6 Design. 

I'm not saying Apple is wrong for having it, I'm saying everybody else is wrong for thinking a notch is desirable.

Also literally everybody else made slimmer bezel devices than Apple did, so saying reverting back specifically to that 50% bezel design is Apple's only option is a bit of an exaggeration. 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

The good dr having issues with Samsung's flagships but Apple's iPhone is flawless to them. Shocking.

Palm rejection on both are below adequate at the absolute best.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Idk, I picked one up once and according to the phone I was pressing buttons randomly 

Hasnt Apple disciplined you enough that you never hold your phone the right way?

So it's just an iPhone X but bigger... if they're not adding any features I'll actually use I'll stick with my iPhone X for a good while, it's been an amazing phone so far. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

7 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Hasnt Apple disciplined you enough that you never hold your phone the right way?

Generally with my 6s Plus I cant hold my phone any way I want and use except upside down and backwards :P 

6 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

So it's just an iPhone X but bigger... if they're not adding any features I'll actually use I'll stick with my iPhone X for a good while, it's been an amazing phone so far. 

Well rumors are pointing to an s upgrade, and well the s stands for speed so all that is likely to change is the A12 CPU which should provide a ~30% performance boost, a bigger battery joined as 1 large cell rather than 2 smaller ones, maybe a better camera and more RAM. 

Very unlikely that here will be some new feature that the other phones haven’t had. 

45 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Fingerprint readers under glass still have a few limitations.  They're a bit slow (since they're reading through more layers), they add a little bit of bulk and you often have to limit them to a narrow part of the display.

My belief is that Apple is all-in on Face ID and that it'll focus on making that better rather than trying to reintroduce Touch ID as a fallback.  I wouldn't count on it being hugely better in the iPhone XS (or whatever it may be called), but I wouldn't be surprised to see upgrades.

And that's honestly what I think is going to happen. As nice as it would be if they implemented the technology, and they might later down the line once the technology is actually ready for prime time, as in apple fashion, it is honestly highly unlikely and that is quite a disappointment. I would be surprised if they did reintroduce it, but as I said before, if FaceID gets a lot better to the convenience and accuracy that TouchID has reached in its current state, then they might not need it anymore.

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

9 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Well rumors are pointing to an s upgrade, and well the s stands for speed so all that is likely to change is the A12 CPU which should provide a ~30% performance boost, a bigger battery joined as 1 large cell rather than 2 smaller ones, maybe a better camera and more RAM. 

Very unlikely that here will be some new feature that the other phones haven’t had. 

Well considering the camera on an iPhone 5S can pump out amazing stills I don't need anything better than that, and you don't notice the speed of an X much over something like a 6S/7, so yee I probs don't need an upgrade. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Well considering the camera on an iPhone 5S can pump out amazing stills I don't need anything better than that, and you don't notice the speed of an X much over something like a 6S/7, so yee I probs don't need an upgrade. 

No you dont need an upgrade, biggest reason is the plus is going to be fucking expensive. 

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

No you dont need an upgrade, biggest reason is the plus is going to be fucking expensive. 

Well I mean they bumped the Note 9 to $1K so now Apple has reason to make the Plus even MORE expensive...

Main PC 

8 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Well I mean they bumped the Note 9 to $1K so now Apple has reason to make the Plus even MORE expensive...

Going to be the bearer of bad news.

The 128GB Note 9 costs as much as the 128GB Note 8 did.

It also costs only $200 more than the 32GB Note 4, or $150 when adjusting for inflation. Which, given the technilogical jump between the two, is actually pretty good.

The "price bump" if the base version is justified by removing the 64GB option and including a new technology in the Wacom based pen.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Will there be an iPhone XsS that is smaller than the Xs? Maybe even back to the roots to iP4 formfactor making it an iPhone XXsS (or is it XsXS?) . That'd be neat. 

iPhone SE X xD

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

On 8/30/2018 at 5:47 PM, 2Buck said:

everyone will act hyped to pay a grand for their new phone with slightly thinner bezels and a slightly better camera, because "progress"

I for one am disappointed in this new rendition of the iPhone. The progress Apple made removing the headphone jack was the work of sheer brilliance they deserved their throne. To further alIude their genius Apple proceeded to remove the home button and that maneuver was exemplary! I fear however Apple may have reached their apex regarding progression and their genius only temporary. Since the removal of the home button there hasn't been any indication of  progress. Still the power and volume buttons plague us with their overbearing presence we demand more and no less. What happened to Apple's "courage"? To have a better display with a notch and increased internal storage? The Apple of yesteryear would have ostracized this odious object of optical offense, forgo the fingerprint sensors, charging ports and all regressive relics of all sorts. What I want is what apple gives me. Options are for the weak of mind, I want to be confined while i keep apple's pockets lined. Take features from the device,then raise its price a fool and his money will part more than twice. He will need a dongle, he will need a charger and he will learn to pay more only to work harder. My apologies, I digress, I truly am Impressed Apple could amass this many fools to pay for less and jest. Truly geniuses they are to have made it this far, for iPhones would still sell for the price of a car...

They Reap the Sheep

By Dienda Mai Deeque

Bolivia.

2 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Bit more likely on the X. Used one for a couple and I did end up accidentally moving stuff around because my palm got detected.

Same problem with my Note8 until I cased it

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

The good dr having issues with Samsung's flagships but Apple's iPhone is flawless to them. Shocking.

Palm rejection on both are below adequate at the absolute best.

I haven't used the Note, so I can't speak on behalf of that (although, I'd be surprised if palm recognition wasn't comparable), but I can't recall running into any palm recognition issues on my X. 

So I definitely wouldn't call it 'below adequate' at best.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Color is cool, phone is not.

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

2 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Price isn't a barrier for everyone ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Surprisingly in my experience I’ve never had an issue with palm rejection on any Apple device....meanwhile on even the latest Samsung phones, if I even look at them wrong the display things I’ve clicked something. 

Apple has some of the best palm rejection software out there. 

Surprisingly I've had the exact opposite experience with the iPhones I've run across and/or borrowed (being forced into the family tech support guy) being abhorrently terrible with palm/face rejection (yes my family members are still part of the stupid old generation that instinctively presses the phone harder against their face when they are having trouble hearing, even though the microphone is by their ear and the speaker is by their mouth.) But maybe it's just what I'm used to.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Price isn't a barrier for everyone ;)

Well not everyone is rich, any that is honestly a dick statement

3 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Well not everyone is rich, any that is honestly a dick statement

It's really not. It's simple fact. If you can't realize that, the world will seem to like a very cruel place to you. 

You don't have to be "rich" to afford a phone like that. I'm not rich. I get a new phone every year. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I'm maybe/probably going to upgrade my 7 Plus to an X Plus.  It depends on the camera quality since that's all I really care about in phone upgrades.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

6 minutes ago, dizmo said:

get a new phone every year.

Any particular reason why?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel