iPhone Xs and Xs Plus Promo Images have Leaked

Djole123
2 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

tbh all smart phone launches are boring. It's the same regardless if it's Apple or not. 

some chinese brands like Oppo are kinda interesting.

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

some chinese brands like Oppo are kinda interesting.

A pocket sized rectangle that can take calls and browse the internet is still a pocket sized rectangle. 

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

A pocket sized rectangle that can take calls and browse the internet is still a pocket sized rectangle. 

picket size rectangle with extending rectangle is nolonger a rectangle.

20 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Some could argue the Plus models aren't 'pocket-size' :PxD

10 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

If you want to talk about unwieldy phones, just look at the Note 9. That thing is wayyy taller than the iPhone Xs Plus will be. 

Actually, both the Note8/Note9 and the iPhone 6/6s/7/8 Plus are unwieldy. 

The Note is tall and skinny while the iPhone is shorter but wider. I suspect that the iPhone Xs Plus will be a tad trickier to use not just due to the trimmed bezels (meaning that you're more likely to have an accidental mistap from a palm) but also due to the gesture based navigation. 

Now, my hands are mega huge. So much so to the point where I am able to use my Note8 and my sister's iPhone 8 Plus just fine with one hand. But I think these phones are definite 2 handers

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

For my opinion on them, I think the gold stainless steel frame is long overdue. I like the look of it especially when blended with a black front. 

If I had to pick, it would probably be the larger one for the larger battery and display. 

That leaves out the elephant in the room though; Price. Rumor has it that the Plus will cost an astronomical amount, which makes it a no-go for me, especially since at where I live, iPhones have a ridiculous markup which adds north of $200 on top of the US MSRP. 

My Note8 was already supremely expensive at $930. Anything more and that phone had better offer something special. And as much as I like the iPhone and have been slowly warming up to the iPhone X form factor, a further price increase just doesn't make it all that worth it. 

My carrier will likely absorb a huge chunk of that price, but we'll have to see

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Nice background they chose.  Just black enough in the right places to hide a potential notch.  I swear, if it has one again... no, apple wouldn't do that.  Even they don't have enough courage to face up to the embarrassment they'd suffer if that happened.  I'm going to take a chance and say, nice job getting rid of it!  You made a mistake going for bezelless before it was possible and released an atrocity that was soon surpassed by "no-name" brands at half the price, but you cam back with a vengeance and showed them who the true design master is.  They may have no notch, but this has no notch, and still packs all the same iphone x goodies people can't live without for some reason.  Well done.

1) It has a notch. You can see it because the planet extends past the ear piece.

2) Getting rid of the notch would be like admitting it was a poor decision to introduce it. Apple would never do that.

11 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Neat, more useless crap for the mainstream to waste their money on

Reveal hidden contents

Nobody @ DrMac

If posting in a tech forum on the internet somehow makes you morally superior to others, well then ... my worldview is different to yours

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

MacBook Pro 13" (2018) | ThinkPad x230 | iPad Air 2     

~(˘▾˘~)   (~˘▾˘)~

Will there be an iPhone XsS that is smaller than the Xs? Maybe even back to the roots to iP4 formfactor making it an iPhone XXsS (or is it XsXS?) . That'd be neat. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

3 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Will there be an iPhone XsS that is smaller than the Xs? Maybe even back to the roots to iP4 formfactor making it an iPhone XXsS (or is it XsXS?) . That'd be neat. 

XXsXsxSssxX

I'm out of ideas 

3 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

XXsXsxSssxX

I'm out of ideas 

i am from the age of Gamertags

behold: XxIphonexX

Shouldn't they have named it the Iphone XL

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

1 minute ago, bleedblue said:

Shouldn't they have named it the Iphone XL

L for light. Make it smol

14 minutes ago, Soppro said:

If posting in a tech forum on the internet somehow makes you morally superior to others, well then ... my worldview is different to yours

How did you manage to get that from what he said?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

How did you manage to get that from what he said?

I can understand where he gets it from, but you really have to be out to get people to gather that from what he said. 

Isnt that in the end kinda hypocritical, or is that just my dumb thinking

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

L for light. Make it smol

Because the XS is the bigger version. kek

9 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Was that really a thing? Am I too young to have made it to that era?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

12 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

xX1337iPhoneXsXLxX

16 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Was that really a thing? Am I too young to have made it to that era?

Yes, that was a thing, remanents of that era is still scattered into today.

14 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

xX1337iPhoneXsXLxX

IndectiveIphone789

last ned.jpeg

6 hours ago, vetali said:

All new iPhones will have FaceID. 

Another reason for me not to go Apple I guess :P

6 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Here I am with my 200$ 6.4in phone, and it has all the features I need.

Hide contents

Headphones jack

microSD slot

Bezels

A 16:9 LCD with no missing parts

Fingerprint reader

Dual speakers

5,300mAh battery

Apple or not, I fail to see how people can justify more expensive phones (especially when the phones' prices reach 4 figures) when they lack half the features a midrange phone like mine...

People that don't need those features I guess. I don't need expandable storage, a headphone jack, I'd prefer a taller aspect ratio screen and don't actually mind the notch. Bigger batteries are always nice, but as long as it can last the day I'm fine with it. 

Now, I'll gladly pay more for a superior camera. Or features like the SPen. Or a better build quality. While I like my Zenfone 3 Zoom, it's clearly made of a softer grade of aluminium as it has a slight bend to it; something that never happened with flagship level devices for me. Hell, I'd even be willing to pay a little more if the more expensive device had  wider aftermarket support. Good cases are important to me. 

4 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Is that Nokia running AndroidOne as well? Essentially a 'near stock' Android operating system? Definitely makes the phone more appealing that's for sure.

I've never seen the allure of stock Android. It's missing a lot of useful features other brands like Samsung add. 

4 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

android fanboies are salty cos their device can't even get to the latest update 

xD

My phone gets lots of updates :P either way though it's not a huge issue for me *shrug*

3 hours ago, Mooshi said:

tbh all smart phone launches are boring. It's the same regardless if it's Apple or not. 

I find them interesting, depending on the phone. Different strokes I guess. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

I've never seen the allure of stock Android.

Beyond less bloatware, there is none. Stock Android sucks.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Did they indicate they're going to have both the X and 8/8s alongside each other? The Touch ID is so convenient that I may just stick with the regular bezel style.

From what I understand of the rumors that I've heard, that is sadly not the case. I'm also disappointed form the rumors that it looks like they won't be reintroducing Touch ID under the display either. Maybe they don't think it's ready for primetime yet? Maybe they decided to abandon it on their phones, which is what it's starting to look like. But who knows, maybe Touch ID on the new phones is one of the very few, if any, things that didn't get leaked.

But also, from what I understand, FaceID is supposed to be way better in the new phones. Kinda like the jump between first and second gen TouchID. Maybe it'll be that good, who knows?

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

16 minutes ago, kting15 said:

From what I understand of the rumors that I've heard, that is sadly not the case. I'm also disappointed form the rumors that it looks like they won't be reintroducing Touch ID under the display either. Maybe they don't think it's ready for primetime yet? Maybe they decided to abandon it on their phones, which is what it's starting to look like. But who knows, maybe Touch ID on the new phones is one of the very few, if any, things that didn't get leaked.

But also, from what I understand, FaceID is supposed to be way better in the new phones. Kinda like the jump between first and second gen TouchID. Maybe it'll be that good, who knows?

Fingerprint readers under glass still have a few limitations.  They're a bit slow (since they're reading through more layers), they add a little bit of bulk and you often have to limit them to a narrow part of the display.

My belief is that Apple is all-in on Face ID and that it'll focus on making that better rather than trying to reintroduce Touch ID as a fallback.  I wouldn't count on it being hugely better in the iPhone XS (or whatever it may be called), but I wouldn't be surprised to see upgrades.

2 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Fingerprint readers under glass still have a few limitations.  They're a bit slow (since they're reading through more layers), they add a little bit of bulk and you often have to limit them to a narrow part of the display.

My belief is that Apple is all-in on Face ID and that it'll focus on making that better rather than trying to reintroduce Touch ID as a fallback.  I wouldn't count on it being hugely better in the iPhone XS (or whatever it may be called), but I wouldn't be surprised to see upgrades.

The return of TouchID is quite honestly unlikely, even as a fallback.

Apple very rarely re-implements technology that they have previously used as it would appear as if their gamble really hasn't paid off.

5 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

(meaning that you're more likely to have an accidental mistap from a palm)

Surprisingly in my experience I’ve never had an issue with palm rejection on any Apple device....meanwhile on even the latest Samsung phones, if I even look at them wrong the display things I’ve clicked something. 

Apple has some of the best palm rejection software out there. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

3 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Surprisingly in my experience I’ve never had an issue with palm rejection on any Apple device....meanwhile on even the latest Samsung phones, if I even look at them wrong the display things I’ve clicked something. 

Apple has some of the best palm rejection software out there. 

What the hell are you talking about? S8/S9 palm rejection are excellent.