iPhone Xs and Xs Plus Promo Images have Leaked

Djole123
5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It's really not. It's simple fact. If you can't realize that, the world will seem to like a very cruel place to you. 

You don't have to be "rich" to afford a phone like that. I'm not rich. I get a new phone every year. 

What the guys said was a dick statement. Saying a price barrier isn't a price barrier to some is the exact definition of a price barrier. If there weren't anyone rich enough to buy it then it would just not be feasible. I mean there is a difference between being rich and being a dbag. 

10 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It's really not. It's simple fact. If you can't realize that, the world will seem to like a very cruel place to you. 

You don't have to be "rich" to afford a phone like that. I'm not rich. I get a new phone every year. 

Well most cannot afford a $1100 phone every year. 

Pretty sure the reason why these über expensive phones even sell is due to monthly payments

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

8 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Pretty sure the reason why these über expensive phones even sell is due to monthly payments

Don't forget fanboys that have access to mommy's debit card.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Price isn't a barrier for everyone ;)

For us young lads it is. My summer job does not cover th expenses of a new iPhone. :(

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Price isn't a barrier for everyone ;)

Well that's the most cunto statement of the year. Congrats on your reward.

@topic i sure hope the s10/s10+ pulls something good out the hat and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.... otherwise i might actually have to look at the iphones *fucking shudders*

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Any particular reason why?

Varies from year to year. Most of the time it's to get the most return on my device, however I also like to try different form factors or companies.

5 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

What the guys said was a dick statement. Saying a price barrier isn't a price barrier to some is the exact definition of a price barrier. If there weren't anyone rich enough to buy it then it would just not be feasible. I mean there is a difference between being rich and being a dbag. 

That wasn't what I said though, was it. He said a reason not to get it is because it's going to be expensive. That's not an issue for everyone.

5 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Well most cannot afford a $1100 phone every year. 

Depends who you are I suppose.

4 hours ago, I-r0k said:

For us young lads it is. My summer job does not cover th expenses of a new iPhone. :(

Haha, well yeah. Though if you're 15 or 16 and working part time it only takes a couple months *shrug* All depends where your priorities lie.

3 hours ago, Noctus said:

Well that's the most cunto statement of the year. Congrats on your reward.

@topic i sure hope the s10/s10+ pulls something good out the hat and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.... otherwise i might actually have to look at the iphones *fucking shudders*

Truth hurts I guess.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Unless money is disposable to you, very few people buy a grand phone every year

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

Varies from year to year. Most of the time it's to get the most return on my device, however I also like to try different form factors or companies.

That wasn't what I said though, was it. He said a reason not to get it is because it's going to be expensive. That's not an issue for everyone.

Haha, well yeah. Though if you're 15 or 16 and working part time it only takes a couple months *shrug* All depends where your priorities lie.

Truth hurts I guess.

dizmoneybags

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

Truth hurts I guess.

Hurts me not, i just consider it a cunty remark.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

Truth hurts I guess.

Well if that's what you said then I would have to agree. Have a similar feeling about the 2080ti. People are mad because not everyone can afford it but that doesn't make me want it any less. 

1 hour ago, mynameisjuan said:

It's all relative. When rent is $3k/month for a small one bedroom, then what the hell is $40.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Iphone excess and Iphone excess plus, now those are the names i can get behind. Think different indeed

22 hours ago, dizmo said:

You have to realise that there are lots of poor countries. Here in Serbia the average monthly salary is only 400 euros, which means people buy budget and midrange phones and keep them for anywhere from 3 to 7 years.

Most YouTubers seem to get surprised by the fact that Huawei is pushing so many phones, but if you look at it from other perspectives, it makes sense.

No wonder why Apple themselves built an iPhone SE and the new iPhone 9.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

On 8/31/2018 at 8:30 PM, mynameisjuan said:

Depends where you are.

On 8/31/2018 at 8:43 PM, S w a t s o n said:

dizmoneybags

Don't have to be rich, just has to be something you want to invest some money into :P

On 8/31/2018 at 9:07 PM, Noctus said:

Hurts me not, i just consider it a cunty remark.

To you, perhaps.
Personally, I don't really care what you think, so it's a pointless remark to make *shrug*

On 8/31/2018 at 9:31 PM, Brooksie359 said:

Well if that's what you said then I would have to agree. Have a similar feeling about the 2080ti. People are mad because not everyone can afford it but that doesn't make me want it any less. 

Exactly. If enough people can afford it, it makes business sense to price it that high.

On 8/31/2018 at 9:43 PM, 79wjd said:

It's all relative. When rent is $3k/month for a small one bedroom, then what the hell is $40.

Bingo. That's less than what my rent in Vancouver was.

On 9/1/2018 at 10:28 AM, Djole123 said:

You have to realise that there are lots of poor countries. Here in Serbia the average monthly salary is only 400 euros, which means people buy budget and midrange phones and keep them for anywhere from 3 to 7 years.

Most YouTubers seem to get surprised by the fact that Huawei is pushing so many phones, but if you look at it from other perspectives, it makes sense.

No wonder why Apple themselves built an iPhone SE and the new iPhone 9.

I do realize that. Flagship phones wouldn't really be on their radar. It's like how I'm not shopping for a Ferrari, because it's not financially feasible.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

37 minutes ago, dizmo said:

To you, perhaps.
Personally, I don't really care what you think, so it's a pointless remark to make *shrug*

Obviously to me, i literally say "i consider it".

If you don't care, don't reply.

And would you know it, the promo images are exactly the same as in the official keynote... Sorry for anyone who got spoiled :(

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB