RTX 20 Series Cards Confirmed With Pricing

Max_Settings

Regardless of the performance, this pricing sets a dangerous precident for futre releases. Any1 with any sort of good principles in regards to PC enthusiasm and/or PC gaming should abstain from buying this generation of Nvidia GPU's (at the current pricing), doing otherwise harms not only the the community as a whole but your own future spending as it would tell Nvidia that its ok to set prices this high.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

9 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

What makes you think we're going to get a doubling of performance?

I think they are being rough with their estimate. 40 fps times 2 is 80 so 45 vs 78 is slightly under 2x. I mean it's more than 25% that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, SolarNova said:

Regardless of the performance, this pricing sets a dangerous precident for futre releases. Any1 with any sort of good principles for the PC enthusiast and gaming community should abstain from buying this generation of Nvidia GPU's (at the current pricing), doing otherwise harms not only the the community as a whole but your own future spending as it would tell Nvidia that its ok to set prices this high.

Honestly the size of the dies are pretty inline with the prices. 

1 minute ago, asorrycanadian said:

Anyways, does anyone else think it's fishy they've avoided conventional metrics, focus heavily on Ray Tracing, and released the 2080ti with the 2080? I think it hints towards 2000 series not having significant performance gains.

Yes and no. It has been remarked by several people as well as techtubers (for instance,Hardware Unboxed).

On the other hand, if that Infiltrator benchmark is legit then we do actually have a "sort of" performance metric which looks impressive to be honest. Time will tell.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

2 minutes ago, asorrycanadian said:

I would've like to have seen the RTX running the same aliasing settings, wasn't quite a fair comparison

What do you mean?

3 minutes ago, asorrycanadian said:

Do tech tubers get early access to cards, or are we all waiting until sept.20 for benchmarks?

Well they do get them earlier than most but it doesn't matter since they are under NDA. Which will probably lift around the day of the premiere.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

3 minutes ago, asorrycanadian said:

I would've like to have seen the RTX running the same aliasing settings, wasn't quite a fair comparison. I watched Gamescom live, and a few videos by youtubers afterwards. Science Studio made one of the more skeptical video's i've seen. 

Do tech tubers get early access to cards, or are we all waiting until sept.20 for benchmarks?

They get the cards early but wont release benchmarks until the NDA lifts which is likely on the realse date. 

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

...If the cost of the hobby would break your bank, it's not a hobby you can currently afford. I'm not saying you can't make the purchases, obviously nobody can give or take away that right, I'm saying it's a braindead financial decision if you're that broke.

This is common sense. If you can't afford a hobby, you shouldn't dump money into the hobby.

Look the difference here is that nvidia is OBVIOUSLY artificially jacking the prices up sky high MAKING it cost prohibitive for people who dont make as much.  PC gaming was never the champion of elitism until smug acting dicks like you and Brooksie359 entered it.

No one is saying anyone is entitled to PC gaming, much less the latest tech for it.  The general idea here is why the hell are you supporting a multi billion dollar greedy as shit company?

And let me head you off before you get to it, yes business are free to charge whatever they want for their products, and cornering a market is legit when you have a superior product that no one else can touch.  Its when these companies let pure greed dictate their actions AND purposely manipulate people is when its out of hand, and when I am just as free to call it out and vote with my wallet.

1 hour ago, Rattenmann said:

Awesome, thanks.

Since he said the new RTX 20xx will be overclocking beasts, I really look forward to seeing how they behave when overclocked to the max.

Guessing the 78fps figure was a stock FE card, but we will see.

If a stock 2080ti can do 78 fps, where an overclocked 1080ti (likely under water as well) only does 45-47fps, we may actually see a 2x performance jump. 

That would shut up the cry babies pretty hard i think

Would be crazy and I hope we can actually see that happen. Would be amazing for the gamers. 

Those of us that also do machine Learning on the same rigs, it is a no-brainer instant buy anyways.

Want to know how I know you either preordered a 2080 ti or are seriously thinking about it?

4 minutes ago, Underwrought said:

Look the difference here is that nvidia is OBVIOUSLY artificially jacking the prices up sky high MAKING it cost prohibitive for people who dont make as much.  PC gaming was never the champion of elitism until smug acting dicks like you and Brooksie359 entered it.

No one is saying anyone is entitled to PC gaming, much less the latest tech for it.  The general idea here is why the hell are you supporting a multi billion dollar greedy as shit company?

And let me head you off before you get to it, yes business are free to charge whatever they want for their products, and cornering a market is legit when you have a superior product that no one else can touch.  Its when these companies let pure greed dictate their actions AND purposely manipulate people is when its out of hand, and when I am just as free to call it out and vote with my wallet.

I'm not, fuck nvidia. They're generally anti-consumer. But PC gaming is a multi-thousand dollar hobby... If $200 would break the bank then it isn't a hobby for you. There's nothing elitist there, you aren't entitled to expensive hobbies. I'm not entitled to car collecting. That doesn't make me poor, it just means that it would be a poor financial decision on my part to begin that hobby.

Get a cheaper video card, save up for the top, or don't get into the hobby. People are not entitled anything with hobbyist shit.

47 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

What makes you think we're going to get a doubling of performance?

The first half of the sentence you just quoted.

1 hour ago, Rattenmann said:

If a stock 2080ti can do 78 fps, where an overclocked 1080ti (likely under water as well) only does 45-47fps, we may actually see a 2x performance jump. 

This part.

lol @ the "nVidia should make it so the poors can have a 2080ti too!" crowd.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

I mean I agree necessities like food, bills, and all come first but that doesn't mean you can't PC game.  Sure you might not be able to get the latest and greatest super fancy card but nothing says you can't get a 1050ti or RX570 or something a little more within your means and hell there are plenty of older games and indies that hardly require the best out there.

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I'm not, fuck nvidia. They're generally anti-consumer. But PC gaming is a multi-thousand dollar hobby... If $200 would break the bank then it isn't a hobby for you. There's nothing elitist there, you aren't entitled to expensive hobbies. I'm not entitled to car collecting. That doesn't make me poor, it just means that it would be a poor financial decision on my part to begin that hobby.

Get a cheaper video card.

Lmao you keep bringing up how no one is entitled to these cards, who is saying they are?  No one you're bringing up straw man arguments.

10 more pages and we're still on the 'if you complain about the price you're too poor to afford it' stuff

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Just now, TahoeDust said:

Fuck, why aren't things I want just handed to me? It's only hobbyist stuff, why is it so expensive?!

Just now, TahoeDust said:

Who is saying that, point them out with a quote ... I will wait.

Just now, Underwrought said:

Lmao you keep bringing up how no one is entitled to these cards, who is saying they are?  No one you're bringing up straw man arguments.

The statement was not in response to somebody saying "I'm entitled to this" it was somebody acting like they are. Feel free to complain about the price hike, I sure as fuck will, but if your stance is "Somebody won't be able to afford a $200 hike" they were never market in the first place.

2 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

I mean I agree necessities like food, bills, and all come first but that doesn't mean you can't PC game.  Sure you might not be able to get the latest and greatest super fancy card but nothing says you can't get a 1050ti or RX570 or something a little more within your means and hell there are plenty of older games and indies that hardly require the best out there.

This has nothing to do with 'poor' people being able or not to buy them, and everything to do with nvidia raking us consumers over the coals just because they can.  I am almost willing to bet money most of these people defending this have already pre-ordered these cards because they have been waiting for god knows how long for this new holy card to come out and fell for the hype train.

38 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I think they are being rough with their estimate. 40 fps times 2 is 80 so 45 vs 78 is slightly under 2x. I mean it's more than 25% that's for sure. 

Rough, yes. But don't leave out the important part: 45fps for a overclocked highscore vs a stock 2080 TI. 

So if you level the playing field and OC the 2080 TI, the 2x figure is no longer as rough as it may sound.

It remains a guess and is only backed by a single metric that was not even openly disclosed.

So don't get me wrong here, it is a guess based on information that we have to believe before we get real benchmarks. 

But IF that information is true, the guess is spot on.

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

The statement was not in response to somebody saying "I'm entitled to this" it was somebody acting like they are. Feel free to complain about the price hike, I sure as fuck will, but if your stance is "Somebody won't be able to afford a $200 hike" they were never market in the first place.

For me personally it has nothing to do with being able to afford it or not over "$200".  I simply won't be a moronic cash cow shelling out money to a company who doesn't respect me as a customer enough to price it fairly.

3 minutes ago, Underwrought said:

Who is saying that, point them out with a quote ... I will wait.

I have to finish packing.  My plane leaves for London in 3 hours...I'll be jumping around Europe for 17 days, so I will probably have to pre-order my EVGA 2080ti Hybrid from over there.

Maybe I can find the quote on the plane.  I'll let you know.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Just now, Underwrought said:

For me personally it has nothing to do with being able to afford it or not over "$200".  I simply won't be a moronic cash cow shelling out money to a company who doesn't respect me as a customer enough to price it fairly.

Then I completely agree with you, I won't support that either. I was only pointing out the flaws in standpoints stated by other people.

30 minutes ago, Underwrought said:

This has nothing to do with 'poor' people being able or not to buy them, and everything to do with nvidia raking us consumers over the coals just because they can.  I am almost willing to bet money most of these people defending this have already pre-ordered these cards because they have been waiting for god knows how long for this new holy card to come out and fell for the hype train.

I mean I'm not pre-ordering one nor do I plan to even get a GPU from this gen...I just figure it isn't worth it to me in my situation.  Are nvidia's prices high? Yes.  Are they kinda becoming a monopoly in the GPU space now?  Yeah unless AMD or Intel responds.

7 minutes ago, Daegun said:

10 more pages and we're still on the 'if you complain about the price you're too poor to afford it' stuff

Well I mean most people that complain about prices give a price that they "think is right", like $299 should be the highest for a 2080ti.

I would never call out someone for saying they're poor though

1 minute ago, TahoeDust said:

I have to finish packing.  My plane leaves for London in 3 hours...I'll be jumping around Europe for 17 days, so I will probably have to pre-order my EVGA 2080ti Hybrid from over there.

Maybe I can find the quote on the plane.  I'll let you know.

Wow man I am so impressed, no really you must be really well off and have a really good life.  I am so jealous I wish I were you.

And that's what I thought you're talking out of your ass.