RTX 20 Series Cards Confirmed With Pricing

Max_Settings
Just now, asus killer said:

i can pre order them in my country (cheapest store) they range from 800 to 1350 euros. That's 1560 USD O.o

Ouch.

Just now, JediFragger said:

Makes you wonder if nVidia will start the Pascal 'performance decreasing' in drivers early this time ;)

Not until they clear through the large stock of Pascal dies they still have. :)

Also 2080Ti die is supposedly 60% larger than the 1080Ti size, which goes some way to explain the hike (still insane though).

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Not until they clear through the large stock of Pascal dies they still have. :)

Phew! Looks like we have a few months minimum then :D

I was thinking about getting a 2080Ti when I do a full desktop upgrade next year, including a high refresh GSync panel as long as it was somewhere around 1080ti pricing. 

Unless there is a huge drop in price between now and when that happens, my next card will definitely be an AMD card (waiting for the die shrink post Vega, even if the price on that has improved locally now), my first AMD card ever... and a nice Freesync panel. It will almost certainly be less powerful overall. As long as AMD don't go shit tier with their pricing as well I'm fine with that despite being quite capable of ponying up for 5 of the 2080tis right now without blinking if I needed to.

5 minutes ago, IntMD said:

I was thinking about getting a 2080Ti when I do a full desktop upgrade next year, including a high refresh GSync panel as long as it was somewhere around 1080ti pricing. 

Unless there is a huge drop in price between now and when that happens, my next card will definitely be an AMD card (waiting for the die shrink post Vega, even if the price on that has improved locally now), my first AMD card ever... and a nice Freesync panel. It will almost certainly be less powerful overall. As long as AMD don't go shit tier with their pricing as well I'm fine with that despite being quite capable of ponying up for 5 of the 2080tis right now without blinking if I needed to.

ya we need to vote with our wallets or things will get out of hand

1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

@cj09beira

Thinking about it, the Raytracing will probably kill FPS for a long while before they get all of the kinks worked out. It's going to be a Crysis-like effect for a while. We are likely to see some massive jumps in performacne with driver updates as they work out the bottlenecks the Raytracing will cause.

even while only partially doing ray tracing, its still very hard to do so i agree with you 100%, it will take time before we get good frame rates with it,

would like to know how amd plans on tackling ray tracing, hopefully they get something by 2020 it would be a shame to have ray tracing be only an nvidea thing for too long.

6 minutes ago, IntMD said:

and free sync is basically a free addition to a monitor unlike gsync

1 hour ago, JediFragger said:

Phew! Looks like we have a few months minimum then :D

You have a long time Nvidia said.

Meanwhile, the prices of 1080s seem to be collapsing on the used market. The TFLOPS of that card exceed those of the 2070...

1 hour ago, cj09beira said:

even while only partially doing ray tracing, its still very hard to do so i agree with you 100%, it will take time before we get good frame rates with it,

would like to know how amd plans on tackling ray tracing, hopefully they get something by 2020 it would be a shame to have ray tracing be only an nvidea thing for too long.

You can do raytracing already, it's just not very efficient at the moment. I would not expect any dedicated hardware for it in Navi, but post-Navi we might see something.

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

Yeah, I'd wait to see how many games actually use ray tracing; though it's exciting to see something like that and I hope it takes off! I wonder how other companies will compete. I hope Intel has a way to pay royalties for it or something. How long is the i9 delayed for?

I mean the i9 9900K is something we knew was coming (8c/16t) on mainstream Intel since Coffee Lake hit the stores, which is the CPU my brother would benefit the most of... he skipped the i7 8700K and later the gimmick i7 8086K to only invest on it but Intel ain't over milking 8th gen.

Ray Tracing also looks like some fancy technology that will end up being like DX12 promises wise, should be the best thing ever but nope. I just watched Steve's view on the RTX line up:

And every thing he said seems on point, nVidia had nothing to show us before their upcoming 7nm GPUs coming next year but they also wanted to milk some good money this year thus why they looked over whatever technology they had lying around which happened to be the Ray Tracing and RT Cores which is barely relevant yet.

They also made the same thing they did with the TITAN V increasing the die a lot, sacrificing efficiency so they could cramp up some extra CUDA Cores to have actual performance gains, but so far it's looking the RTX 2080 will be quite on pair with the GTX 1080 Ti and the RTX 2070 which was every one's dream will barely beat an overclocked GTX 1070 Ti if it does at all.

Any one with a good Pascal GPU like from the 1070 Ti all the way to the TITAN Xp most likely can skip the entire RTX line up and only bother with upgrades on the 7nm GPUs coming next year, when Ray Tracing may actually start becoming somewhat relevant and we will go back having efficient small dies with real IPC improvements.

That also is why they are releasing the RTX 2080 Ti from launch, they know how the RTX 2080 alone won't be appealing enough to those with a GTX 1080 Ti to even bother, and they can't milk this series too long as the 7nm GPUs are incoming rather shortly.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

27 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

Meanwhile, the prices of 1080s seem to be collapsing on the used market. The TFLOPS of that card exceed those of the 2070...

Well, two possibilities.

1. All those sellers/buyers are dumb.

2. They saw the show and think anything but the 20 Series will be trash, even considering the price.

I personally would pay even more for the stuff they where showing, and I also don't see why they should reduce the price, given they already had the number 1 card before this.

Seeing it kinda like an extension to the spectrum to buy, rather than a more expensive replacement.

15 minutes ago, Rattenmann said:

Well, two possibilities.

1. All those sellers/buyers are dumb.

2. They saw the show and think anything but the 20 Series will be trash, even considering the price.

I personally would pay even more for the stuff they where showing, and I also don't see why they should reduce the price, given they already had the number 1 card before this.

Seeing it kinda like an extension to the spectrum to buy, rather than a more expensive replacement.

Not sure why someone would be dumb for taking advantage of a price drop...

i'm unsure of the performance yet

in a demo called "Infiltrator" at Gamescom, a single Turing-based GPU was able to render it in 4K with high quality graphics setting at a steady 60FPS. Huang noted that it actually runs at 78FPS, the demo was just limited by the stage display. On a GTX 1080 Ti, that same demo runs in the 30FPS range.

can anyone confirm 1080ti fps?

wont be home for long while

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

Poor argument.

Pretty disgusting that you changed what I said to fit your propaganda, no?

I never said they should stick to the lowest tier of video card, did I? Nope. They probably shouldn't buy $1,200 GPU's.

Poor people shouldn't eat fast food because it's bad for their health, which will cost them more money down the line.

Poor people can often get subsidies when having kids, at least in countries like Canada.

Yes, you can save. Should you be buying a top tier GPU? No, you should probably be putting that money towards other things, such as bettering your situation.

You can still get more than enough enjoyment out of a 2060 at a significantly lower price; you don't need top tier stuff.

Guess the truth hurts, kid.

You say that as if AMD wouldn't have done the same thing. No, they'll just spin off the same card for 3 or 4 generations, slightly tweaking it and saying it's new.

The prices for the lower tier cards, if AIB's stick to the prices provided, isn't really that bad once you factor in increases in memory costs and such.

AMD can't compare performance wise, unfortunately.

30% I believe is what Gamer's Nexus said. Granted that's not total card, just the memory, but it still adds to the cost pretty significantly.

Yeah, I'd wait to see how many games actually use ray tracing; though it's exciting to see something like that and I hope it takes off! I wonder how other companies will compete. I hope Intel has a way to pay royalties for it or something. How long is the i9 delayed for?

Hate to break it to you, but games have gone from $40, to $60, to $80. If you include DLC or seasons passes, even higher...

Tax doesn't include import duties and shipping. So the pricing isn't that bad.

Sucks living so far from the rest of the world, but it could be worse; I'm sure GB will pay more :P

They partnered with Microsoft to make a retracing standard so it should be possible for the other gpu companies to adopt the tech similar to adopting direct x. I think people aren't remembering that the die size of these gpus are huge. The 2080ti is likely much more expensive to produce than the 1080ti was. That's likely what the price is higher especially because it comes from a huge die versus the smaller one used for the 2080 and 2070. That's is likely why there is such a huge leap in price between the 2080 and the 2080ti. 

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Hardware Unboxed shitting all over these cards this morning

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

And every thing he said seems on point,

I agree that it's a good educated guess but the problem with shitting on new cards at this point is that he will have to eat it and take it back if by any chance new 2080ti will be 30-40% more powerful than 1080ti ;-)

I'm more interested in the SLI solution here, fortunately a guy I know will be buying two of these and testing 1080ti in SLI vs. 2080ti in SLI via NVLink. I'm very curious about the results because I set myself a 35-40% raw fps boost as a threshold that will define my purchasing choice.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

3 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

I agree that it's a good educated guess but the problem with shitting on new cards at this point is that he will have to eat it and take it back if by any chance new 2080ti will be 30-40% more powerful than 1080ti ;-)

I'm more interested in the SLI solution here, fortunately a guy I know will be buying two of these and testing 1080ti in SLI vs. 2080ti in SLI via NVLink. I'm very curious about the results because I set myself a 35-40% raw fps boost as a threshold that will define my purchasing choice.

also curious of this myself but after awhile i know my 1080ti sli had some issues in first couple months

15 minutes ago, pas008 said:

can anyone confirm 1080ti fps?

wont be home for long while

People are reporting about 45-47 average fps on an overclocked 1080ti.

As a side note, I think that demo got about 100% more downloads in the last 10 hours or so :D

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

4 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

People are reporting about 45-47 average fps on an overclocked 1080ti.

As a side note, I think that demo got about 100% more downloads in the last 10 hours or so :D

thx

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

Pretty disgusting that you changed what I said to fit your propaganda, no?

I never said they should stick to the lowest tier of video card, did I? Nope. They probably shouldn't buy $1,200 GPU's.

Poor people shouldn't eat fast food because it's bad for their health, which will cost them more money down the line.

Poor people can often get subsidies when having kids, at least in countries like Canada.

Yes, you can save. Should you be buying a top tier GPU? No, you should probably be putting that money towards other things, such as bettering your situation.

You can still get more than enough enjoyment out of a 2060 at a significantly lower price; you don't need top tier stuff.

Guess the truth hurts, kid.

>Not a high end card or even a mid range card
>implies the low end card isnt what he meant

>backtracks and suddenly grants poor people the "permission" to buy a midrange card

>still tries to imply he knows what people should be spending their money on

you are the worst kind of person

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

6 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

>Not a high end card or even a mid range card
>implies the low end card isnt what he meant

>still tries to imply he knows what people should be spending their money on

you are the worst kind of person

He's really not. If you struggle to buy something because of a couple hundred dollar difference, then you really shouldn't be buying the something in the first place. But then again, that's why we, as a society, have a lot of the problems we have. People buy things they can't afford.

There's also a very big difference between a 1030 and a 1060, 1050ti, 970, 960, Rx 580,570,560,480,470,460, 390,380,370, 290,280, etc...

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, 79wjd said:

He's really not. If you struggle to buy something because of a couple hundred dollar difference, then you really shouldn't be buying the something in the first place.    

What kind of fucking logic is that?

"I can't afford this thing right at this moment so I will save"

"WHAT? YOU'RE GONNA SAVE UP TO BUY AN ITEM, YOU SHOULDN'T BUY IT AT ALL!"

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 minute ago, S w a t s o n said:

What kind of fucking logic is that?

"I can't afford this thing right at this moment so I will save"

"WHAT? YOU'RE GONNA SAVE UP TO BUY AN ITEM, YOU SHOULDN'T BUY IT AT ALL!"

Then save up a bit longer and you can get the more expensive card. The only time the extra couple hundred dollars would make a difference is if it would take months to save up.... At such point, you can't really afford it in the first place.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.