NVIDIA’s Next-Gen Cards Specifications, Pricing And Nomenclature Details

WARNING: If you hate WCCFTECH, then you may go ahead and move on to another thread because this one is an exclusive from them. Unless you have actual good discussion points to contribute to this conversation, in which case, welcome, fren!.

I try to keep this short. WCCFTECH has reported getting some naming details that are really interesting.

You might have heard about the ongoing speculation about whether it’s going to be NVIDIA GeForce GTX 11 or GTX 20 series and we can confirm that the company hasn’t even told the AIBs that information yet. Here is the kicker though, not only is the prefix undecided but so is the suffix! I have been told that the company is actively considering suffixes like XXX5 so you get something like GTX 1170 and 1175 (or GTX 2070 and 2075).

Here is where the suffix uncertainty that I was talking about comes in as well. The 120W card could have the suffix 60/65/70, the 150W card could have the suffix 70/75/80 and the flagship 180W card could have an 80/85/90 suffix. While naming convention is not confirmed at this point we do know one thing for sure: NVIDIA does not plan to align the 120W next-gen Turing series GPU with the GTX 1060 at all and will charge accordingly.

Additionally, here's pricing details associated with the upcoming NVIDIA cards based on the new watt classes.

These are the expected MSRPs that AIB and vendors have been informed of by NVIDIA:

• The 120W NVIDIA next-gen Turing GPU will be priced around $499 MSRP.
  • The 150W NVIDIA next-gen Turing GPU will be priced around $599 MSRP.
  • The 180W NVIDIA next-gen Turing GPU will be priced around $699-749 MSRP.

At the same time,

• The GeForce GTX 1080 Ti MSRP will drop in price by $100.
  • The GeForce GTX 1080 MSRP will drop in price by $50.

I'll end this here for now, but do have a look at the full article. I will say, this is very interesting, specially considering that AIB partners don't even know what's going on with the naming situation. Can't wait till next month for more official news!

Source:

https://wccftech.com/nvidias-next-generation-graphics-cards-specifications-pricing-and-nomenclature-details/

I know this article is probably crap... but a 1180ti or w/e naming convention they choose for 699-749 = sign me up. My problem is I normally wait for waterblocks to be available before I purchase and by then who knows if I can find one available lol.

Such high prices for gpus with such low TDPs?

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Such high prices for gpus with such low TDPs?

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

Why? It's the exact same price and TDP as Pascal pretty much for the top chip and the rest is probably price gouging and limited yields.

To save others from needing to look up how current models compare:

120W = 1060

150W = 1070

180W = 1070 Ti, 1080

250W = 1080 Ti

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

16 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Why? It's the exact same price and TDP as Pascal pretty much for the top chip and the rest is probably price gouging and limited yields.

Nope. The 1060 equivalent (segment wise) will cost $200 more than before (MSRP is $300 for the 6GB card). So it's not even close. The top chip isn't the real volume maker here.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

19 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I know this article is probably crap... but a 1180ti or w/e naming convention they choose for 699-749 = sign me up. My problem is I normally wait for waterblocks to be available before I purchase and by then who knows if I can find one available lol.

My current plan is to go for the "1180" or at least whatever they currently release as their highest tier card (until they release the "ti" version)

Also if the suffix is undecided, we might see "Ti" replaced with xxx5, which I'm okay with. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I love the idea of XXX5 over TI. But man that seems like a lot of products and a lot of complications. And you still might have TIs on top of the XXX5

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Also if the suffix is undecided, we might see "Ti" replaced with xxx5, which I'm okay with. 

Nvidia has been all over the place with their segmentation and suffixes over the years, lol. 

Back in the day there was MX for the budget end, Ti for the high end, then they started doing Ultra, GT, GTS, GTX, GX2.... like bruh xD 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Seem Nvidia maybe trying to creep up the price of their flagship card again.

On average since the 980ti, USA inflation has been 2% a year.

The MSRP of the 980ti was $650.

Adding on 2% each year (so 3 times) brings that to roughly $690.

The new flagship top of the line card (not a Titan) should at most be $700 MSRP. not $750.

Whats worse is if you go back to the 680 at $500 and go from there. We should only be at ~ $570 for a flagship card. Nvidia bumped the price $200 from the 680 to the 780ti,, then lowered it by $50 for the 980it at $650.

Sad times for a PC enthusiast, costs have been increasing so much over the past few years. $600 should be enough for a flagship card.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

6 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Nvidia has been all over the place with their segmentation and suffixes over the years, lol. 

Back in the day there was MX for the budget end, Ti for the high end, then they started doing Ultra, GT, GTS, GTX, GX2.... like bruh xD 

The GTX GX2 9800 Ultra GTS-GT was the fastest 9800, or maybe I'm getting it confused with the GTX Ultra 9800 GX2-GT GTS.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

The GTX GX2 9800 Ultra GTS-GT was the fastest 9800, or maybe I'm getting it confused with the GTX Ultra 9800 GX2-GT GTS.

Couldn't tell you, I had the MX4000GX2 UltraTi at the time. Lmao.

7 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Seem Nvidia maybe trying to creep up the price of their flagship card again.

Whatever, no one cares about the price of ultra high-end cards. People will buy them regardless.

Whats much more important is, that the value model (eg GTX 1060) is getting a lot more expensive and has done so with every new generation since the GTX 660.

• The 120W NVIDIA next-gen Turing GPU will be priced around $499 MSRP.

How to piss off your midrange market 101.

Seriously, double the price for an 1160!?

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

27 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

My thoughts exactly.

10 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

Yup and they're going to piss off a lot of people since according to the Steam hardware survey the GTX 1060 currently is the single most used gpu model by a huge margin of 12.33%. Comparatively only 0.63% use an RX480 and 0.34% a RX580. Also the GTX 960 (as a predecessor of the 1060 in the GTX XX60 series) is on third place with 4.67%. People seemingly really like their mid-range Nvidia gpus.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I like how people are already taking this seriously. :/

or the fact we dont have performance numbers

10 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

I doubt that price is accurate - if it was, then the 1160's performance has to be absurdly higher than the 1060's for anyone to buy the new card over the old one. And I doubt Nvidia would just leave that much of a gap in the market, since if they want people to buy their new cards, they have to have a competitive equivalent (price-wise) to their old generation. They can't increase the prices of their "low-end" cards by that much unless they want their consumers to stick with the old generation for a longer period of time, which wouldn't make much sense, as far as I can tell.

$500 is highway robbery for a 70 series equivalent, much less a 60 series equivalent. Fuck Nvidia and fuck PC gaming if this is true, I'll move strictly to console if we're going to get price gouged like that. But I doubt it is true, that would be ridiculous to think they'd sell any 60 series equivalent cards if they priced them at $500.

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

$500 is highway robbery for a 70 series equivalent, much less a 60 series equivalent. Fuck Nvidia and fuck PC gaming if this is true, I'll move strictly to console if we're going to get price gouged like that. But I doubt it is true, that would be ridiculous to think they'd sell any 60 series equivalent cards if they priced them at $500.

lack of competition hurts consumers

and if the xx60 variant out performs 1080 they have all means to do so considering they may have many pascal chips to get rid of too

you pay for performance not model numbers

Nvidia can charge whatever they like now that there's no competition, of course none of this really matters because it's another fake news WCCF article.

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i might scorecard their rumor performance for the GTX 11 series, LOL

(although to be fair that one time they leaked Raja Kouduri's resignation and transfer and was right ._. (double fair on the other side was everyone was bracing for it when he went on the sabbatical))

My philosophy has always been "wait and see" So far it's kept me from setting unreasonably high expectations and from emotional disappointment.  :B

9 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

of course none of this really matters because it's another fake news WCCF article.

Per the very first sentence in the post, it'd be wise to edit your comment and removing this part of it. Your point is already well taken (and more than likely true, as well) and there's no need for this part. Thank you for your cooperation, fren.