Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

This is a fairly odd car. The 280zx. It isn't desperately pretty. But you'd remember it if you saw it on the street

It's a bit oddly shaped but still the same iconic look.

I loved the 300zx. It's much prettier than the Supra of the time

1986_Nissan_300ZX.jpg

System: Thinkpad T460

Anyone here do track days?

Lap 2 is my fastest to date (I've only done 2 track days so far, did a bunch of autox's with other cars though)

https://youtu.be/BFtgVKMIKbI

IMG_4541_zpstnvggkmg.jpg

3 wheeling at an autox

918d82fd-41a6-48bc-a666-5e7c9fd5f146_zps

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Just checked the reg number out. It is registered to a company xD

Legally that is a company car :lol:

Is it a company car maybe for the same reasons it would most likely be one in Finland? The reason being you can do some fucking around with taxes and pay less if you register it as a company car.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

It's a bit oddly shaped but still the same iconic look.

I loved the 300zx. It's much prettier than the Supra of the time

--snip--

1lMef.jpg

I like both the 300zx and the celica/supra^^ If i had to choose i'd almost be forced to flip a coin

Is it a company car maybe for the same reasons it would most likely be one in Finland? The reason being you can do some fucking around with taxes and pay less if you register it as a company car.

Probably.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

This is a fairly odd car. The 280zx. It isn't desperately pretty. But you'd remember it if you saw it on the street

1982_Datsun_280ZX.jpg

My dad actually had one, and my god, was it so unreliable. It always kept breaking down on him.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My dad actually had one, and my god, was it so unreliable. It always kept breaking down on him.

Would still be worth it since i'd be able to say i've owned a datsun.

My current list is

Nissan

Mercedes

Toyota

Volvo

Volkswagen

Damn i know there is one more but i can't remember right now

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

bump

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

bump

Bumpity bump.

1328546475545548463.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I can't believe this car is only 3000$

4601138616.jpg

Tanner foust in a coyote engined mustang

Bonus SAAB Sonett

Spotted the local ferrari today. Also saw a 2010ish 5.0 sheriff mustang with aftermarket wheels. Would have taken a picture but I was driving right next to him.

Blarg

CTFw9Lq.png

same here .. idk why ppl hate it

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

same here .. idk why ppl hate it

Probably because the presenters are not clarkson hammond and may. But if you can see past that it is a pretty good show with new takes on the old challenges and most of their shows are just one big challenge which is awesome

Also i'm fairly sure we'll not see may do this

m0b1uF9.gif

Probably because the presenters are not clarkson hammond and may. But if you can see past that it is a pretty good show with new takes on the old challenges and most of their shows are just one big challenge which is awesome

~wheeeelie good snip~

yop

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Power goals for when i get my next car.

If it is american 

CarWheelie.jpg

If it is european. (This one is front/four wheel drive though)

tumblr_n2hrxqfcgr1tp94nro1_500.gif

If it is japanese

dsc_7416_resize.jpg

Might as well share my favourite driving song when it is raining

So. There's a yellow Huracan rolling around my area. Next time I see it I'll try to snap a photo for you guys

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Power goals for when i get my next car.

If it is american 

CarWheelie.jpg

If it is european. (This one is front/four wheel drive though)

tumblr_n2hrxqfcgr1tp94nro1_500.gif

If it is japanese

dsc_7416_resize.jpg

Why not a GT-R instead of an WRX? Makes 500HP stock and has 4WD, and it can make over 1000HP stock. Great car, though not cheap.

Why not a GT-R instead of an WRX? Makes 500HP stock and has 4WD, and it can make over 1000HP stock. Great car, though not cheap.

those are only the goals in terms of horsepower. If it is American it will do a wheelstand when i'm done. If it is European it will do a rolling burnout at 60-70mph and if it is Japanese it will drift well when I'm done.

Never been much of a fan of the gtr. It seems more like a hopped up 350z than a proper skyline successor.

Honestly I'm glad they're not Clarkson, Hammond, and May. They're not quite.. "British bland."

those are only the goals in terms of horsepower. If it is American it will do a wheelstand when i'm done. If it is European it will do a rolling burnout at 60-70mph and if it is Japanese it will drift well when I'm done.

Never been much of a fan of the gtr. It seems more like a hopped up 350z than a proper skyline successor.

GTR is a boring vehicle. :|

Anyone here do track days?

Lap 2 is my fastest to date (I've only done 2 track days so far, did a bunch of autox's with other cars though)

https://youtu.be/BFtgVKMIKbI

3 wheeling at an autox

dat k20 sound. Almost bought a RSX twice. Once from a dealer, and another with a blown motor. Both deals fell through. Love those cars though. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max