Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

My 2002 Ford Focus over heated this morning on the way into work. 

No noticeable leaks in the engine bay or on the road, but the coolant tank was empty. I had the Focus towed back to my place, and took the Mustang into work instead. Now I have been doing nothing but reading on this issue and contemplating since I got to work.

My first thought was a head gasket, but the internet seems to think that those head gaskets in the non-SVT cars almost never go, but the bearing on the water pump is a common failure. When the bearing fails it stops pumping water, and the engine starts to cook off the coolant in the engine, as that boils off the extra coolant in the reservoir replaces it. Once the reservoir is empty the engine gets hot.

I am going to do a compression test this evening, and fill the thing up with water to try and see if I can find any leaks. 

Iets hope it is the water pump then^^ And that the block isn't cooked.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Iets hope it is the water pump then^^ And that the block isn't cooked.

Its not cooked. Never even got a warning light, the water temp gauge just got higher than normal. That temp is always super rock steady, so as soon as it moves toward the hot side it is obvious there is a problem. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Its not cooked. Never even got a warning light, the water temp gauge just got higher than normal. That temp is always super rock steady, so as soon as it moves toward the hot side it is obvious there is a problem. 

Well that certainly is a good sign^^

When my old benz overheated it took about a minute for a hose to burst and the car looked like a locomotive going down the road xD

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well that certainly is a good sign^^

When my old benz overheated it took about a minute for a hose to burst and the car looked like a locomotive going down the road xD

Yeah I have seen things like that happen before as well. What is interesting is that there was no noticeable leak in the engine bay or on the ground. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah I have seen things like that happen before as well. What is interesting is that there was no noticeable leak in the engine bay or on the ground. 

That would indicate that most of the water was vaporized because of heat :/

That would indicate that most of the water was vaporized because of heat :/

Yep, that is pretty much what it means. 

Yep, that is pretty much what it means. 

Still possibly better than this though

Overheated_Car.jpg

Still possibly better than this though

Overheated_Car.jpg

Lol Yep. That usually happens when a hose bursts.

Happened to my sister once.

Okay guys, I can't identify this car for the life of me. Halp pls.

10986496_10153337593106815_6561428681750

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Okay guys, I can't identify this car for the life of me. Halp pls.

--snip--

Looks like some jag XK120 variation. I'll look into it a bit more

This is as close as i'm ever going to get i guess.

1951 Jaguar XK120

0e362696a89b51362a6767171f60ec10.jpg

1951 Jaguar XK120

~snippy~

looks spot on ... except the chromy bits on the rear and the drivers side xD

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

looks spot on ... except the chromy bits on the rear and the drivers side xD

Might've been an american export. The americans required hideous bumpers for some time on all cars

1951 Jaguar XK120

-snip-

...wow you're good LOL I couldn't track down a photo of an example with the driver side hoop so that threw me for a loop. Have a Dino and an Evo1 as a thanks.

11312751_10153337631871815_1935429507401

11313091_10153337631866815_3717119074683

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Might've been an american export. The americans required hideous bumpers for some time on all cars

Hideous? :lol:

post-80803-0-83402600-1436305126.jpg

RIP Countach

post-80803-0-77428200-1436305134.jpg

post-80803-0-04894000-1436305151_thumb.j

I agree. 'Murica plz

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Hideous? :lol:

attachicon.gifdafoq.jpg

RIP Countach

attachicon.gifdafoq3.jpg

attachicon.gifdafoq2.jpg

I agree. 'Murica plz

The worst ones for me are the tacked on lumps on the 911

745px-Porsche_Turbo_76.jpg

But that countach just looks soo sad..

Dat ass

-snip-

Akrapovic is love, Akrapovic is life. :wub:

Although I'm much more of a GTHAUS/Meistershaft kind of guy, they do have pretty shady business practices - so I'm on the Akrapovic boat for now. Didn't even know they made stuff for the ZR1.

10470154_10153337660456815_6062681182835

Folding@Home | BOINC

-snip-

#LongLiveTheE60

And a Dinan M5 for your time

11312856_10153337709936815_6280844208612

Folding@Home | BOINC

I honestly kinda want a Dodge Neon SRT4.

But for that money I could pick up a 5th Gen Prelude and turbo it. Decisions.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Had a chance to snap a shot of the new black pearl in this beautiful weather.

beautiful car. Looks like you got some nice tires for it too :P

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

beautiful car. Looks like you got some nice tires for it too :P

Thanks! Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1's grip like crazy ;)