Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2010 3 2.0l 5 speed. Too big for a miata. One day I'll have enough money for a mk3 supra and 1jz swap it. That will be my fun car.

Minitrucks are the best. Mine was a 93. 

I've never actually owned one, my '99 Tahoe is about to rack up a major repair bill, so I might be looking for one to replace it.

Go with the s10 if you have to choose. Its a 94 so its probably TBI, super easy to work on compared to the CPI ones. 

I want the Ranger for memories sake. My mom had a manual 1994 Ford Ranger with a stick shift. That's why I want one.

But I also want the S10 because it's a fun truck and automatic for nice cruising around town.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

What do you mean MK3 Supra with a 1JZ? It already has it. Unless you mean 2JZ.

mk3 had 7m-ge/gte

I've never actually owned one, my '99 Tahoe is about to rack up a major repair bill, so I might be looking for one to replace it.

Whats wrong with it?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

What do you mean MK3 Supra with a 1JZ? It already has it. Unless you mean 2JZ.

As far as i'm aware the 1J was only available in japan. Most exports had 1G's and 7M's

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

mk3 had 7m-ge/gte

Whats wrong with it?

I'm not sure of everything, but the brakes are definitely about to go. I also have some issue with oil pressure, at least the gauge says I do.

I'm not sure of everything, but the brakes are definitely about to go. I also have some issue with oil pressure, at least the gauge says I do.

Chevys have lots of problems with gauges. As long as you got 20 psi per 1000k rpm you are safe. 10 psi per 1000k is getting worn out. Knocking is rip. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

A Renault symbol has so short gearing that in fifth gear to go 120k you hit 4k almost. Rip fuel economy.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Guys. Remember that if you want to change up the look of your car a bit and can't afford new rims. Plasti-dip is always an option. And it holds up pretty well, even in Indiana / Michigan, where we get awful snow and salt on the roads.

I did these two jobs here and they've held up great. 

The Prelude was dipped a little over a year before the photos were taken.

The S10 was dipped 2 or 3 days before photos were taken.

Prelude:

2Wsew5E.jpg

6n5IwWh.jpg

S10:

y9BNMdQ.jpg

tETqgtN.jpg

S10 before dipping the rims:

uP0j8M4.jpg

You can also see how bad the winters get by how much the grass dies. The S10's photos were taken in the same yard within 15 feet of each other. The pre-dip right after the winter, the post-dip photos were taken in early June

Also as you can tell. New tires were thrown on while keeping the stock rims. We kinda killed the tires, because RWD fun in the winter. Surprisingly well at drifting on snow.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Recently I helped my friend AJ fix some rust, add a spoiler to his 2000 Camry. Will try to find some before photos if possible, Also will be taking some post photos next time we hangout.

Helped him start the install of a new stereo system, if he has finished it by the next time we hangout (This weekend because Fall Out Boy concert) I'll take a few photos and possibly some video if you guys are interested by that.

I've been growing tired of these wide body kits coming out lately, but this one for the S14 is quite awesome :D

LHjIwOE.jpg.jpg

http://shopgreddy.com/17020300.html

I almost thought it was a Challenger for a second. Until i realized it was a WBK, and that's pretty rare on a Challenger. I love WBKs so much.

As far as i'm aware the 1J was only available in japan. Most exports had 1G's and 7M's

I always thought exports came in the 1JZ. guess not.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I've been growing tired of these wide body kits coming out lately, but this one for the S14 is quite awesome :D

--snip--

http://shopgreddy.com/17020300.html

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

I almost thought it was a Challenger for a second. Until i realized it was a WBK, and that's pretty rare on a Challenger. I love WBKs so much.

I always thought exports came in the 1JZ. guess not.

The new A70 Supra engine, the Toyota 7M-GE, was the flagship engine of Toyota's arsenal. Both versions of the engine contained 4 valves per cylinder and dual overhead cams. The turbocharged 7M-GTE engine was Toyota's first distributor-less engine offered in the US which used coil packs sitting on the cam covers and a cam position sensor driven by the exhaust camshaft.[14] It was equipped with a CT26 turbocharger and was rated at 230 hp (172 kW) at 5600 rpm while the naturally aspirated 7M-GE engine was rated at 200 hp (149 kW) at 6000 rpm. Further refinement on the turbo model increased power to 232 hp (173 kW) and 254 lb·ft (344 N·m) in 1989. This was mostly due to a redesign of the wastegate. All models used the same tire size of 225/50R16 on 16x7 inch wheels. Spare tires were full-sized but on steel wheels.

The 7M was apparantly the new hotness back then, 

Also a full size spare tyre <3 The modern donuts can fuck off

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

As mentioned above I want both a 1994 Chevy S10 LS and a 1994 Ford Ranger with a stick shift. What are the worst parts of having two trucks? I'd imagine gas. Am I wrong on that?

As mentioned above I want both a 1994 Chevy S10 LS and a 1994 Ford Ranger with a stick shift. What are the worst parts of having two trucks? I'd imagine gas. Am I wrong on that?

The ranger diesels are not too bad in terms of fuel economy. The S10 LS on the other hand would probably be a bit thirsty

So doing this next time i'm stuck behind some moron

So doing this next time i'm stuck behind some moron

Dafuq :lol:

Those taillights :3333333

DSC2800-EDIT.jpg 

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

The ranger diesels are not too bad in terms of fuel economy. The S10 LS on the other hand would probably be a bit thirsty

I've noticed the S10 is a little thirsty. The Ranger would ideally be gas powered, I want the Ranger to be as close as possible to my Mom's old Ranger. Which was a single cab, short bed, stick shift, and if possible, Purple.

Dafuq :lol:

Those taillights :3333333

DSC2800-EDIT.jpg

I prefer those to whatever is offered in America.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I prefer those to whatever is offered in America.

IKR?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

The matte paint :/

Works for me on trucks. Not on cars though. But plasti-dip I love on cars and am not a big fan of it on trucks. Kinda odd.