Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I've noticed the S10 is a little thirsty. The Ranger would ideally be gas powered, I want the Ranger to be as close as possible to my Mom's old Ranger. Which was a single cab, short bed, stick shift, and if possible, Purple.

4 cylinder? Both the ranger and s10s 4 cylinders don't have power and eat gas. The 4.3l gets crap city and good highway mileage. 

https://youtu.be/KX51i5JFQ8U?t=10s

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

So this is what I did last night, but there was easily twice as many people and a loooooot more driving on the strip and on the dunes. Was a ton of fun with all those people and fire works, until the cops kicked us out.

So this is what I did last night, but there was easily twice as many people and a loooooot more driving on the strip and on the dunes. Was a ton of fun with all those people and fire works, until the cops kicked us out.

I knew a lot of people went to Red Sands, but i never knew it was that many :o Im from EP as well :) 

Should have taken my jeep ;) 

I knew a lot of people went to Red Sands, but i never knew it was that many :o Im from EP as well :) 

Should have taken my jeep ;)

Wait you live here too? :o

Hello all, today I decided to try modding an aux cable into my car by splicing the left, right, and ground wires coming from the cd changer of my 2000 chrysler 300m, after I did this and had my aux cable added in (I hadn't connected the cd player back to its connector so all that was connected there was my phone on the other end of the aux cable I added), I went to turn my car to the on position to see if it would work and my car horn honked, and the radio did not come on, I also discovered that the door lock switches on both the driver and passenger doors of the car do not work, though the wipers do work as do the gauges and the temperature control.

The car starts just as normal but honks that single time quickly when I go to start it or put it into the on position.

I'm fairly sure that the power windows work as well, though haven't tested them out.

Looks like the interior lights don't come on when the door is opened as well, though the electrical adjustments to my seat work.

I did have to put the parking brake on and put my car into neutral so I could get the cd player out of the dash, then I popped it back into park and shut off the parking brake after that was done.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Fixed, the IOD fuse was blown.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Undo whatever the hell you did.

I tried removing the CD player, though that didn't fix the issue, I could try completely removing the receiver if you think that could work.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Wait you live here too? :o

Dude thats so weird. Yeah i live in the lower valley :o  Was going to take my jeep to Red Sands, but chickened out at the last moment. :P 

Dude thats so weird. Yeah i live in the lower valley :o  Was going to take my jeep to Red Sands, but chickened out at the last moment. :P

I'm on the East side. :D And you should've gone, it was pretty fun last night even just watching everyone else being an idiot. So many people in loaded SUVs with 2WD got stuck in the sand. Quite a few cops though at the entrances watching for alcohol, caused a lot of jams getting in and out.

I'm on the East side. :D And you should've gone, it was pretty fun last night even just watching everyone else being an idiot. So many people in loaded SUVs with 2WD got stuck in the sand. Quite a few cops though at the entrances watching for alcohol, caused a lot of jams getting in and out.

Yeah, Next year ill make it for sure :) Bet it was hilarious watching people trying to get unstuck :P 

Hello all, today I decided to try modding an aux cable into my car by splicing the left, right, and ground wires coming from the cd changer of my 2000 chrysler 300m, after I did this and had my aux cable added in (I hadn't connected the cd player back to its connector so all that was connected there was my phone on the other end of the aux cable I added), I went to turn my car to the on position to see if it would work and my car horn honked, and the radio did not come on, I also discovered that the door lock switches on both the driver and passenger doors of the car do not work, though the wipers do work as do the gauges and the temperature control.

The car starts just as normal but honks that single time quickly when I go to start it or put it into the on position.

I'm fairly sure that the power windows work as well, though haven't tested them out.

Looks like the interior lights don't come on when the door is opened as well, though the electrical adjustments to my seat work.

I did have to put the parking brake on and put my car into neutral so I could get the cd player out of the dash, then I popped it back into park and shut off the parking brake after that was done.

Undo what you did and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't you might've shorted something out. At that point i'd suggest checking with a professional

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yeah, Next year ill make it for sure :) Bet it was hilarious watching people trying to get unstuck :P

Oh yeah, there was a lot of towing and pushing going on. :lol: Some people just don't understand a RWD open diff vehicle is NOT going through that sand.

Oh yeah, there was a lot of towing and pushing going on. :lol: Some people just don't understand a RWD open diff vehicle is NOT going through that sand.

Haha, did you have to pull anyone out that day? 

Haha, did you have to pull anyone out that day? 

Nah, everyone else took care of that. :D

So this car was parked near a friend's house today.

--snip--

Just checked the reg number out. It is registered to a company xD 

Legally that is a company car  :lol:

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just checked the reg number out. It is registered to a company xD

Legally that is a company car :lol:

Such a boring company car...

Such a boring company car...

Kinda pisses me off. That thing is cheaper in tax than my old benz was by 300kr

And the inspection period 2018-06-01 - 2018-10-31.. The fuck?

+ Max passengers = 3  :huh:

Kinda pisses me off. That thing is cheaper in tax than my old benz was by 300kr

And the inspection period 2018-06-01 - 2018-10-31.. The fuck?

+ Max passengers = 3 :huh:

New cars don't have to be inspected the first few years.

1 driver + 3 passengers. Four in total.

New cars don't have to be inspected the first few years.

1 driver + 3 passengers. Four in total.

Oh well that makes sense then. Still an M3 being cheaper in tax than my benz was is bs

I never realized that the 280zx i was looking at was tax exempt. Might get one now  ^_^

Oh well that makes sense then. Still an M3 being cheaper in tax than my benz was is bs

I never realized that the 280zx i was looking at was tax exempt. Might get one now ^_^

It's an M4 :3

And a lot with taxes is how bad the pollution of it is.

It's an M4 :3

And a lot with taxes is how bad the pollution of it is.

Fordonsidentifikation Registreringsnummer: EOJ326 (MANGE H) Fabrikat: BMW M3 Typ: M3 Färg: VIT Fordonsslag: PB Fordonsår: 2015 Fordonsslagsklass: I

Still calling bs on the taxes. I drove like an old lady and that guy probably isn't

Fordonsidentifikation Registreringsnummer: EOJ326 (MANGE H) Fabrikat: BMW M3 Typ: M3 Färg: VIT Fordonsslag: PB Fordonsår: 2015 Fordonsslagsklass: I

Still calling bs on the taxes. I drove like an old lady and that guy probably isn't

Positive that it's a M4 tho. M3 only comes I four-door, M4 only comes as a coupe.

Positive that it's a M4 tho. M3 only comes I four-door, M4 only comes as a coupe.

It is registered at transportstyrelsen as an M3 coupé though

This is a fairly odd car. The 280zx. It isn't desperately pretty. But you'd remember it if you saw it on the street

1982_Datsun_280ZX.jpg