Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

*honda Commercial*

"We have a Racing Lineage"

Thinking to myself: Okay you're not wrong...

"Here's an SUV with a 280HP V6 engine"

Me: Is this a joke? The American market saddens me

Sounds about right

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

26 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

*honda Commercial*

"We have a Racing Lineage"

Thinking to myself: Okay you're not wrong...

"Here's an SUV with a 280HP V6 engine"

Me: Is this a joke? The American market saddens me

There's a Honda advert I've seen playing on Instagram, where the vehicles start off as F1 cars, morph between forms(boat, bike, classic F1) just like in the 'Impossible dream' commercial...and obviously at the end they turn back into F1 cars...

BUT JUST BEFORE THAT. The last step shows them turning into the current Honda lineup. Crossover SUV's, Civics and the like.

yeah...if you could have just left that step out, the ad would have been awesome. 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

2 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

BUT JUST BEFORE THAT. The last step shows them turning into the current Honda lineup. Crossover SUV's, Civics and the like.

I mean it would have made sense if they were showing theyre sorts lineup like the Type R or their S2000 (if they still make an equivalent to that)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Oh almight Lord...please give us another S2000. If that's too much to ask, maybe a few K's in my bank to buy my own.

Amen.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

12 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

Oh almight Lord...please give us another S2000. If that's too much to ask, maybe a few K's in my bank to buy my own.

Amen.

S4000

that way if it's terrible it doesn't ruin the name of the old one

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

S4000

that way if it's terrible it doesn't ruin the name of the old one

S1900

lower expectations xD 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

58 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

325/328i? 

I see a few but not many good examples. I found a manual Mazda 6 s for 2300 seems alright if I can get it for 2K or less but its FWD of course. 

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

S2000 crossover hybrid intensifies

That sentance makes me angry and scared at the same time 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

S2000 crossover hybrid intensifies

just like the eclipse eh?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

S1900

lower expectations xD 

S2001: An Odyssey

Spoiler

Image result for honda odyssey

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

Amen.

One exists already.

Made in the 70s. I had one.

A TVR 2500. The car Honda ripped off, to make the s2000

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

well let's be honest, I don't think that honda is hurting for money to nearly the same degree that mitsubishi is to ruin the s2000 name

Yeah I went looking on CL for another Eclipse and imagine my surprise....WTF Mitsu? Whyfor you do dis?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Today I learned that this is a thing:

image.png.d96ed8111fd3075c452d4e8ada7d7368.png

Image result for sort of want gif

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

6 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

image.png.d96ed8111fd3075c452d4e8ada7d7368.png

$35.50 for a funnel. sheesh.

it's nice tho

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

it's nice tho

Amazon has a similar non SO funnel that threads into the oil cap for half of that, but... 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

miniboy.png.0cb715bec9a35d2b9dccab50531bce33.png

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaant.

11 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

It is a nice funnel. Not gonna lie. 

That being said @Real_PhillBert you need to understand, that it will still drip at least one drop of oil into the engine bay or onto your shirt just like a normal funnel when you remove it, unfortunately.

Never had that happen before.

15 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

It is a nice funnel. Not gonna lie. 

That being said @Real_PhillBert you need to understand, that it will still drip at least one drop of oil into the engine bay or onto your shirt just like a normal funnel when you remove it, unfortunately.

I always remove my funnel with a paper towel under it. ;)

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

it's nice tho

it's snap on tho. should u be surprised?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

55 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I always remove my funnel with a paper towel under it. ;)

Same! 

Spoiler

You can get those without the Snapon sticker for a better price and it will do exactly the same thing. I'm all for great tools and Snappy makes some great tools, but basics like that there's no point in spending for Snap-on unless you like how it makes your dick twitch to have a Snap-on branded funnel.

So someone hit our building with a car as the conclusion of a police chase last night, we've got some damage inside in the form of cracks in the cinder block under a window where it was hit and on the outside a big gouge in the wall and a skid mark that goes about 15ft horizontal and about 5 feet vertical along the side of the building. The light pole got downed out there too, the head was laying next to the building and while it's missing the bottom cover and lens cover, and the case is cracked, it looked otherwise operational. So I took it.

It works. I got a street light! It's a nice LED with 32 Cree XP-G3 high CRI neutral white emitters and a good Philips driver. I can't decide if I want to install it in the garage or in the basement. I have pretty good garage lighting, this thing would be pretty crazy in there in addition to the lighting now. The basement could use better lighting too, I'm going to wire this up to a plug in cord and decide later on where it'll go. I'll just shove it up in the basement ceiling somehow for now and see how I like it down there.

The Ford Crown Victoria interests me kinda in the same way that the Kia Spectra and the Toyota Camry do: they are (or were) ubiquitous as hell and were designed to kinda be forgettable but they pique my interest.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

31 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

The Ford Crown Victoria interests me kinda in the same way that the Kia Spectra and the Toyota Camry do: they are (or were) ubiquitous as hell and were designed to kinda be forgettable but they pique my interest.

Good, you can come buy the Lincoln Town Car once I fix the wiring, the owner handed over the title to us a while back and I just haven't had the time to fix it yet.