Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

11 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

S2001: An Odyssey

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for honda odyssey

FB_IMG_1553733424414.jpg.5d8ffe0648d0e742c6d1539251d2f2c6.jpg

11 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

One exists already.

Made in the 70s. I had one.

A TVR 2500. The car Honda ripped off, to make the s2000

You're going to have to elaborate here. How did Honda rip off the TVR? Its not like they're the only ones that make a FR, two seater convertible. Also what about the S800, Hondas original two seater convertible. With a 4cyl high revving engine it has more in common with the S2000 than the TVR, infact the S2000 is a spiritual successor to that car ? 

1966_Honda_S800.thumb.jpg.24272992cf64773c4783ec3ec8223202.jpg

Also I'd LOVE a Crown Vic. They're iconic and in the US probably filthy cheap, but here in Europe we didn't get them :( 

We got the Mondeo instead, with bumpers as durable as eggshells. You will never EVER see a mk1/2 Mondeo without tape or cracks on the bumper. UK people will know what I mean...

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

1 hour ago, Ross Siggers said:

You're going to have to elaborate here

When I owned a TVR 2500, I drove by a Honda dealership when the S2000s came out to see what all the fuss was about. I was stunned just how much they were alike both inside the cockpit and how it handled. Even down to the placement of the crossbar in the driver's footwell. 

Imitation and flattery and all that. I decided to keep the original however.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

@Radium_Angel I'll be honest mate I don't see it myself. I'm looking at the two interiors side by side, and apart from a tall transmission tunnel and handbrake placement, they're pretty dissimilar to me. And neither of those are unique qualities; I seem to recall old Elans have a pretty tall/wide trans tunnel too. Would you consider the 2500 to have a good driving position? Possibly come around by them both being developed with the same goal in mind

Handling wise, I can see why they might handle similarly but I'd put it down to traits of the body style imho. With a bigger engine I could see the TVR being more prone to understeer, whereas the front-mid S2000's were notorious for snappy oversteer, which was calmed down in later models with suspension revisions.

For me there's not enough substance there to call the the TVR 2500 'the original S2000' xD But as they say, each to their own though :)

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Model 3 marks end of an era? I thought it was going to be too heavy still but apparently not... (Local autocross, no I didn’t go this last time)

DF294155-67B2-46E9-8777-5879CC64AB1D.jpeg

@warmmilk @chaozbandit @MEC-777 @ everybody

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Wow that's an impressive time... I wonder how much weight you can save stripping the interior out of one, that's what I've seen people do when drag racing Teslas....not really any other way to lighten them

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

37 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

Wow that's an impressive time... I wonder how much weight you can save stripping the interior out of one, that's what I've seen people do when drag racing Teslas....not really any other way to lighten them

probably not much. I doubt its much more than 100 lbs you can shed

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

57 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Model 3 marks end of an era? I thought it was going to be too heavy still but apparently not... (Local autocross, no I didn’t go this last time)

On low speed courses like autox, instant torque outperforms the weight disadvantage. Just look at what an R35 can do with a proper handling setup!

Even on moderate speed touge, an R35 can keep up with the best of them.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Are car-related tv shows allowed on this thread? 

if so...

the grand tour is the best. I love Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May!

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

what class would my accord be in?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

15 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I always remove my funnel with a paper towel under it. ;)

☝️

15 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Sounds like you haven't ever been hustling because it decided to start raining while you're 1/2 way done with the oil change XD

We actually try to work in garages. ;)

13 hours ago, Bitter said:

there's no point in spending for Snap-on unless you like how it makes your dick twitch to have a Snap-on branded funnel.

You don't know me.

32 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

Are car-related tv shows allowed on this thread? 

if so...

the grand tour is the best. I love Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May!

I love Grand Tour and Top Gear, but I feel like LeBlanc is leaving just as him and Chris were getting into their stride.

Mighty Car Mods ftw.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

29 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

what class would my accord be in?

HS if it's stock... I don't remember if you did anything to it lol

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I think seats are closer to 160 pounds?

shit the 3rd row seats are 80 pounds for the tahoe. 

not all cars have heavy things. iirc the tesla is pretty well optimized for lightness since it kinda has to be for as much range as possible. So I doubt theres much savings to be had just from stripping the interior

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

HS if it's stock... I don't remember if you did anything to it lol

stock besides tein coilovers

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

stock besides tein coilovers

lol, you'd be in STS probably. Or at least one of the street touring classes.. All stock classes are allowed is shocks and tires basically

The SCCA rulebook is here if you want to dig.. I don't really remember: https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules

Spoiler

lol, you'd be in STS probably. Or at least one of the street touring classes.. All stock classes are allowed is shocks and tires basically

The SCCA rulebook is here if you want to dig.. I don't really remember: https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules

RIP. I bet the accord 6-6 would do pretty well in the stock class with the short second gear and v6 grunt.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

RIP. I bet the accord 6-6 would do pretty well in the stock class with the short second gear and v6 grunt.

i should get one and find out xD

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i should get one and find out xD

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Please get a V6 stickshift accord. Maybe put a supercharger on it.

yes please! 30 mpg highway and we could be Honda buddies!

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Funny story a extended family member bought their daughter a stick for her first car so she wouldn't be distracted by her phone. Guess what happened ?

she won't drive it.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Please get a V6 stickshift accord. Maybe put a supercharger on it.

idk about a supercharger.. as fun as that would be

26 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

yes please! 30 mpg highway and we could be Honda buddies!

lol.. I've been saying I need another car as a daily for a while. It'll be tough to find a clean one for cheap though :/ So many hondas get abused and kinda trashed.

Spoiler

lol.. I've been saying I need another car as a daily for a while. It'll be tough to find a clean one for cheap though :/ So many hondas get abused and kinda trashed.

honestly, it seems like that's mainly civics, at least in MN though. Accords seem to be a bit less riced.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

see what happens when you skip an autox?  the batteries are taking over...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

15 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

it's a ways from you, but this one looks pretty nice. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192880978713

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

I will say one thing about my Accord. It is TIGHT for having 225k on it. my Tundra is of similar mileage, and feels like a piece of junk in comparison. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler