Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

7 hours ago, NinJake said:

maybe 550+ for a weekend car but no need 550 horsepower when i drive 25-40 mph on average throughout my workday

Pls, I could make use of 550 HP for travelling on city streets. I already accelerate faster than most people off a green light.

4 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

keep in mind tires have speed ratings and most tires designed to fit onto trucks aren't designed for speeds over 110mph.

Yeah that's for when they overheat and explode. They won't do that if they're properly aired up and you're not doing 110 for half an hour.

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

That moment your Co worker says "turbo cars always have more power at the wheels then the crank. This co worker also said he did mechanics and went to school for it. Yo I'm dying xD

Is this the same coworker that always says the dumb things?

48 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

sounds like one very confused (wo?)man.

It's a dude

32 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Pls, I could make use of 550 HP for travelling on city streets. I already accelerate faster than most people off a green light.

Yeah that's for when they overheat and explode. They won't do that if they're properly aired up and you're not doing 110 for half an hour.

Is this the same coworker that always says the dumb things?

Nah non of my co workers said anything stupid that was a guy from a YouTube video that he was watching and it was a different co worker. Dude who said this is a cool dude but man some of the things he says I wonder where he got his mechanic degree. Lol 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

4 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

It's a dude

Nah non of my co workers said anything stupid that was a guy from a YouTube video that he was watching and it was a different co worker. Dude who said this is a cool dude but man some of the things he says I wonder where he got his mechanic degree. Lol 

sometimes people make assumptions based on certain things that they kind-of know but don't completely understand.

sometimes this works out and people think you know what you are talking about (If you are right) other times... you look like an idiot.

in most cases, it's best just to keep your mouth closed. or if you need to speak and aren't sure about something... just make that clear with statements like "I was under the impression that..." Or "I was never 100% certain but this is what I've heard..." that way you open the door to be told the correct thing and look way less like a complete moron.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

37 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah, going against grandma in her Buick Century is a fair match. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

7 hours ago, vetali said:

Wiring harness are pretty common warranty and recall items. They either get pinched during assembly, or mice get to them during shipment or after sale because the "eco friendly" wire insulation attracts the shit out of micce. 

The funny thing is, Toyota wont fully cover mice damage on warranty iirc. Honda does. Why? Well honda made the mouse repellant tape, thus admitting that mice being attracted to wiring is a manufacturer fault. When we have mouse damaged wiring in the shop, we use the honda tape. 

The focus RS uses that cursed 2.3l motor. Not surprising they are still having issues. The type R uses a new motor from honda, so it'll be a few years at least to see what kind of issues it has. We'll know a lot when Becky gets them in her new accord.

what year did they switch over to the mouse-food coating?

5 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Who here hasn't driven above $1.00 (in mph) ?lol

I mean .... With some modern cars it can actually be easy to do on accident lol

I have, but i've yet to find the top speed of the Accord. I need to make a road trip to Mexico...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

9 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

what year did they switch over to the mouse-food coating?

I'm not sure about honda, but it seems like the past 10 years for both toyota and GM have been pretty bad with mouse damage. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

On 15/10/2017 at 10:17 PM, techswede said:

All i remember from biology is the mitochondria, C6H12OIs the formula for sugar and that not wrapping yer tool can lead to 18 years of financial drainage.

I died with this one. Fucking hell xD

On 15/10/2017 at 10:28 PM, techswede said:

We had to watch a really condescending cartoon about how the body converted glucose into energy. on VHS.. 

Physics>Chemistry>Biology 

Funny thing is that i hate maths. And yet i actually gave a shit during physics lessons. 

I fuken hate Physics, and I'm having that shit on a computer engineering course. fml ._.

2 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

That moment your Co worker says "turbo cars always have more power at the wheels then the crank. This co worker also said he did mechanics and went to school for it. Yo I'm dying xD

Literally me rn

mNNXHGv.png

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

42 minutes ago, vetali said:

Yeah, going against grandma in her Buick Century is a fair match. 

Grandma deserves it.

17 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I died with this one. Fucking hell xD

I fuken hate Physics, and I'm having that shit on a computer engineering course. fml ._.

Literally me rn

mNNXHGv.png

Honestly that face is me when I walked into physics the first day. AP physics fucking sucks dude. Thought it would be easy, turns out is' so fucking hard and BORING. Literally all I do in that class is go on my phone. And he doesn't even go over the format of the test. what fucking shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

To me it's kinda dumb you have to cut the exhaust out. But, sadly it's necessary.

Yeah man, that was the biggest pain but so so happy, just waiting for the videos from my mates phone. Its a lot quieter than I thought it would be but guess once I de-cat and 3" the DP it'll get a fair bit louder 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

@warmmilk I remember you saying your miata's LSD was a bit worn out --- if it's OEM, it's a clutch-type. Not a torsen like mine. 

from what I can tell they didn't offer torsen's for the NC's. At least not in the early models.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That sounds like you have plenty of horsepower to meet your needs then :P

Floatplane Club is actually p cool

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 hours ago, NinJake said:

That sounds like you have plenty of horsepower to meet your needs then :P

No, I need more torque. More, always more.

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Floatplane Club is actually p cool

I like the idea, I'm also thoroughly enjoying the change in LTT videos being less meme-y.

9 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

sounds like one very confused (wo?)man.

I mean clearly the engine can run better on alcohol and sugar.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

IMG_20171018_100114.thumb.jpg.464287dd045c219b38d7b98d247a76e2.jpg

Swedens interpretation of a highway.

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Late 80s 305 in a 75

7662125355.jpg

7649042380.jpg

Would've been awesome 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

With this i should never have to worry about any hills on the way to work 

4765212660.jpg

4744202359.jpg

4720420381.jpg

Then there's  this trans am. With a 400bhp 407 mated with a borg warner T5

5382571491.jpg

Proof that as always there's real cool stuff out when i don't have the money for it.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

14 minutes ago, techswede said:

Just enough meat on those rears

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Just enough meat on those rears

I can spin up the 245's on my camaro without trying in slight to moderate wet conditions. Wider tyres are a must have xD 

1 hour ago, techswede said:

I can spin up the 245's on my camaro without trying in slight to moderate wet conditions. Wider tyres are a must have xD 

what tyres are they?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 hours ago, IKnight said:

Swedens interpretation of a highway.

the avg highway here is one lane each way .... and the asphalt is so bad xD 

1 hour ago, techswede said:

4765212660.jpg

4720420381.jpg

Then there's  this trans am. With a 400bhp 407 mated with a borg warner T5

Proof that as always there's real cool stuff out when i don't have the money for it.

i dont think you would have any problems with rear end grip in that thing ... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i dont think you would have any problems with rear end grip in that thing ... 

Cheap differential exploding from all the torque though..