Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

probably my 3 favourite photos of my Code so far

IMG_20171016_235627_383.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

9 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Holy cow. The accord has gone up since I last checked! It’s only lost about $800 in the year and a half and 30k I’ve owned it.

Now I'm curious

Capture.PNG

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

7 hours ago, vetali said:

Coolio had a type R in the service department had to have a new wiring harness installed with less then 10k on it. Kept coming back to the service department. Not sure about the reliability of the type R compared to it's competition.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

11 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Coolio had a type R in the service department had to have a new wiring harness installed with less then 10k on it. Kept coming back to the service department. Not sure about the reliability of the type R compared to it's competition.

is that the only case you know of or are there others?

Ik the Focus RS is having some serious engine issues. Was speaking to someone who works at a Ford garage in the workshop and they had 2 in for new engines and one with head gasket issues, all standard cars under 6k

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

32 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

is that the only case you know of or are there others?

Ik the Focus RS is having some serious engine issues. Was speaking to someone who works at a Ford garage in the workshop and they had 2 in for new engines and one with head gasket issues, all standard cars under 6k

I don't have access to the reasons why it was brought in multiple times. I only know what happened that time because I asked. I only brought it up because it was the same car over and over. Even the basic cars from all makes/models might need something when you first buy it. Happened to a dude in a Accord. However after that it's never been in there service department since for anything other then oil changes.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

On 10/15/2017 at 4:36 PM, RevoltTrain said:

It's normal. But still. A tattoo is essentially a giant open wound. So your body freaks out and tries to heal it back to normal. 

My first tattoo covered most of my left shoulder, a little back to the shoulder blade and a lot up to my chest, first night of sleep I woke up with my shirt attached to my body lol

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

probably my 3 favourite photos of my Code so far

IMG_20171016_235627_383.jpg

How big is your car? At one pic it looks like a smart car in another it looks as big as a Honda fit and in another it looks as big as my gti.

7 minutes ago, NinJake said:

My first tattoo covered most of my left shoulder, a little back to the shoulder blade and a lot up to my chest, first night of sleep I woke up with my shirt attached to my body lol

My idea for my first tattoo is pretty similar.. Not looking forward to that.

I can sort of imagine how it would feel since i've ended up with a full upper body sunburn and my shirt did not come off easily then either.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

@TVwazhere @Real_PhillBert How much did it cost in your area for full window tint? I found two shops near my area, one is ~160 bucks the other is closer to 350-450...

@techswede I would recommend putting a few towels down on your bed and just go shirtless but then again you may end up permanently dying your blanket as well.... xD

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

@TVwazhere @Real_PhillBert How much did it cost in your area for full window tint? I found two shops near my area, one is ~160 bucks the other is closer to 350-450...

I havent done mine, it's just something I'd like to do. I havent even gotten prices yet, so I'm really no help.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, NinJake said:

I havent done full window tint on my car. It came with factory tine that I had to take off (that cost about $25 for a steam cleaner and about 45 minutes of time :P ) I do have an interest in getting my windows re-tinted a *cough* "legal" *cough" amount

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

@techswede I would recommend putting a few towels down on your bed and just go shirtless but then again you may end up permanently dying your blanket as well.... xD

I already sleep shirtless thankfully. Learned my lesson back then. My covers could be an issue though. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I havent done mine, it's just something I'd like to do. I havent even gotten prices yet, so I'm really no help.

I haven't been on forums much this past week or so... just browsed through the last 20 pages of this topic... nice buy a few days ago!

I haven't been on forums much past week or so... just browsed through the last 20 pages of this topic... nice buy a few days ago!

Thanks!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, techswede said:

I already sleep shirtless thankfully. Learned my lesson back then. My covers could be an issue though. 

Haha, I only kept a shirt on because I wanted to cover the tattoo somehow as my artist said it will transfer my tattoo to the sheets/blankets otherwise. (maybe if i was able to sleep in one place all night it would be cool... would end up smearing everywhere i'd imagine with how i sleep from side to side throughout the night)

Just now, NinJake said:

Haha, I only kept a shirt on because I wanted to cover the tattoo somehow as my artist said it will transfer my tattoo to the sheets/blankets otherwise. (maybe if i was able to sleep in one place all night it would be cool... would end up smearing everywhere i'd imagine with how i sleep from side to side throughout the night)

I'm thinking i'll probably bandage myself up before i go to bed. With breathable and non stick bandages. Biggest bitch will probably be that i sleep on my right side. 

@TVwazhere @Real_PhillBert @The_Garage_Users 

Ive found a side job where I work for a few hours every saturday which covers my car and cell phone payments... what does that mean for my 8-5 extra cash?

Car parts!!! :D (Thinking tint first just to get it out of the way and rally armor flaps > RMM > exhaust > depo FMIC if they ever get back in stock > Accessport > rims / summer tires) in that order

I forget if I asked you this before TV, but what brand RMM did you go with?

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Ive found a side job where I work for a few hours every saturday which covers my car and cell phone payments... what does that mean for my 8-5 extra cash?

Car parts!!! :D (Thinking tint first just to get it out of the way and rally armor flaps > RMM > exhaust > depo FMIC if they ever get back in stock > Accessport > rims / summer tires) in that order

Exhaust is always my first go to mod.

Cobb RMM, though I think most of them  (cp-e, mountune, etc) will be fairly identical if they have the same rubber rating (that ##A rating)

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

Exhaust is always my first go to mod.

Ive recently been looking at the AWE Track edition exhaust for the Focus ST... Any insight if this will still be fine for emissions and what not?

Just now, NinJake said:

Ive recently been looking at the AWE Track edition exhaust for the Focus ST... Any insight if this will still be fine for emissions and what not?

Shouldn't have any issue with emissions as long as it's a cat back. Turbo back maybe a issue with emissions though. I personally like either borla or roush exhaust for the ST.

Just now, NinJake said:

The emissions shouldnt change based on the exhaust you put in AFAIK

Also, depo has their intercoolers in stock? http://www.deporacing.us/shop/ford/ford-focus-st-3-5-intercooler-upgrade/

Just now, TVwazhere said:

The emissions shouldnt change based on the exhaust you put in AFAIK

Also, depo has their intercoolers in stock? http://www.deporacing.us/shop/ford/ford-focus-st-3-5-intercooler-upgrade/

I need to get a front mount intercooler for my gti. I'm hoping along with a golf R bumper I'll see better temps. Golf r bumper has a more open lower grill.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

Shouldn't have any issue with emissions as long as it's a cat back. Turbo back maybe a issue with emissions though. I personally like either borla or roush exhaust for the ST.

This AWE system was just recently released to my knowledge and after watching some reviews on it... it definitely sounds pretty good from what a videos audio quality is worth and supposedly has some way of making sure there's minimal drone.