Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The emissions shouldnt change based on the exhaust you put in AFAIK

Also, depo has their intercoolers in stock? http://www.deporacing.us/shop/ford/ford-focus-st-3-5-intercooler-upgrade/

Was it a pretty noticeable difference to you after you installed yours? You went with the 3.5" and not the 5" right?

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

This AWE system was just recently released to my knowledge and after watching some reviews on it... it definitely sounds pretty good from what a videos audio quality is worth and supposedly has some way of making sure there's minimal drone.

I know awe makes some good products. I've owned magnaflow, borla, flowmasters before so far I'm liking borla the best in terms of sound, tone, and drone.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Some winter car tips

https://imgur.com/gallery/xcqqW

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

7 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Was it a pretty noticeable difference to you after you installed yours? You went with the 3.5" and not the 5" right?

Well using stage 2 with the factory intercooler, the car was over heating. And on Stage 3 with the new FMIC, the temperatures were a few degrees above ambient. So yeah, I'd say it definitely works for sure! A no brainier especially if you aernt going to upgrade the turbo (but even if you are, Time says the 3.5" is still enough, since we wont be tracking our ST's any time soon ;) )

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Well using stage 2 with the factory intercooler, the car was over heating. And on Stage 3 with the new FMIC, the temperatures were a few degrees above ambient. So yeah, I'd say it definitely works for sure! A no brainier especially if you aernt going to upgrade the turbo (but even if you are, Time says the 3.5" is still enough, since we wont be tracking our ST's any time soon ;) )

Yeah, the 3.5" is rated for 550 hp.... too much for a daily driver lol

yuOBQhf_d.jpg

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Yeah, the 3.5" is rated for 550 hp.... too much for a daily driver lol

113bf7f8dff646f2f2f51e7c260ded2ff3d07d09

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

5 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

-snip-

Milwaukee rush hour traffic in a nutshell

1 minute ago, techswede said:

113bf7f8dff646f2f2f51e7c260ded2ff3d07d09

maybe 550+ for a weekend car but no need 550 horsepower when i drive 25-40 mph on average throughout my workday

maybe 550+ for a weekend car but no need 550 horsepower when i drive 25-40 mph on average throughout my workday

I drive 70-90 on my drive to school lol had a douche in a Merc pull in-between me and the car in front with less then a few feet behind and back of his car. Gave him the finger along with the college loop bus driver who couldn't wait the 2 seconds for me to push in the clutch and start moving when the light turned green. Then I did a drift on to the wide college road lol  Fun times in the mustang in track mode

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

I drive 70-90 on my drive to school lol had a douche in a Merc pull in-between me and the car in front with less then a few feet behind and back of his car. Gave him the finger along with the college loop bus driver who couldn't wait the 2 seconds for me to push in the clutch and start moving when the light turned green. Then I did a drift on to the wide college road lol  Fun times in the mustang in track mode

I've done some idiotic things within my first year of owning a motorcycle (4-5 years ago now). When I was coming home from college it was midday and the freeway was literally dead, decided to do a pull and hit 150mph before I stopped looking at the speedo and held on for dear life. Never again will I go that fast on two wheels though... sketchy business if anything were to have happened.

Just now, NinJake said:

550 would make that 25mph to 40mph pull so much faster. You'd save seconds! Totally worth the cost of an 88mm turbocharger. 

I'm seriously considering a 461nm camaro to deal with a slight hill on my way to work.

6 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I've done some idiotic things within my first year of owning a motorcycle (4-5 years ago now). When I was coming home from college it was midday and the freeway was literally dead, decided to do a pull and hit 150mph before I stopped looking at the speedo and held on for dear life. Never again will I go that fast on two wheels though... sketchy business if anything were to have happened.

70-90 is just the regular flow of traffic. Most I went was like 115-120 in the mustang. Went 135 in my older GT. An 110 in my outback. Of course this was done in Mexico in the Mexican dessert.

3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

is that the only case you know of or are there others?

Ik the Focus RS is having some serious engine issues. Was speaking to someone who works at a Ford garage in the workshop and they had 2 in for new engines and one with head gasket issues, all standard cars under 6k

Wiring harness are pretty common warranty and recall items. They either get pinched during assembly, or mice get to them during shipment or after sale because the "eco friendly" wire insulation attracts the shit out of micce. 

The funny thing is, Toyota wont fully cover mice damage on warranty iirc. Honda does. Why? Well honda made the mouse repellant tape, thus admitting that mice being attracted to wiring is a manufacturer fault. When we have mouse damaged wiring in the shop, we use the honda tape. 

The focus RS uses that cursed 2.3l motor. Not surprising they are still having issues. The type R uses a new motor from honda, so it'll be a few years at least to see what kind of issues it has. We'll know a lot when Becky gets them in her new accord.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

3 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

70-90 is just the regular flow of traffic. Most I went was like 115-120 in the mustang. Went 135 in my older GT. An 110 in my outback. Of course this was done in Mexico in the Mexican dessert.

Nobody seems to want to go faster than 85 on CA freeways. Then again, it never moves faster than 15 during rush hour.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Mmmm Mexican dessert. lol :P

Yeah, the highway speed limit is 70 here so most people go 80-90. I had a 200 mile trip to take for a work conference a week or so ago and steady cruised 100 in the car. (So nice having a new car, my old car would rattle and shake anything over 50 lol)

5 minutes ago, vetali said:

The focus RS uses that cursed 2.3l motor. Not surprising they are still having issues. The type R uses a new motor from honda, so it'll be a few years at least to see what kind of issues it has. We'll know a lot when Becky gets them in her new accord.

Whats the curse of the 2.3L?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

8 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I almost got to 140mph but had to slow down because of traffic *grumble*

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

How big is your car? At one pic it looks like a smart car in another it looks as big as a Honda fit and in another it looks as big as my gti.

Its smaller than a Jazz (Fit), similar size to a BMW Mini

3 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I don't have access to the reasons why it was brought in multiple times. I only know what happened that time because I asked. I only brought it up because it was the same car over and over. Even the basic cars from all makes/models might need something when you first buy it. Happened to a dude in a Accord. However after that it's never been in there service department since for anything other then oil changes.

Oh damn, sounds like someone got really unlucky with their car, FK8 right?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

They are referring to the 2.3 from Mazda. However the mustang 2.3 and the focus 2.3 only share a similar designed engine black everything else is 100% different from the mazdaspeed3 2.3T engine.

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I almost got to 140mph but had to slow down because of traffic *grumble*

Yolo

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Its shit for reliability. Makes good power. Yin-Yang thing.

And it ties into the type R thing as well. Its still a bit early. Catastrophic failures can happen to the most reliable motors out there within a short period of ownership due to manufacturing or assembly faults. I'm more interested in long term things to see if Ford fixed the timing chain issues the previous 2.3ls had. And even honda, they had timing chain issues on K series.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

10 minutes ago, vetali said:

Wiring harness are pretty common warranty and recall items. They either get pinched during assembly, or mice get to them during shipment or after sale because the "eco friendly" wire insulation attracts the shit out of micce. 

The funny thing is, Toyota wont fully cover mice damage on warranty iirc. Honda does. Why? Well honda made the mouse repellant tape, thus admitting that mice being attracted to wiring is a manufacturer fault. When we have mouse damaged wiring in the shop, we use the honda tape. 

Honestly the focus RS and the Ecoboost mustang which I own are good motors. Just you get the idiots who put them in a high gear and stomp on them and they cause the issue by lugging the engine. Mustang drivers are not known for their ability to drive a turbo car all that well without lugging it and only a handful had issues.

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Its shit for reliability. Makes good power. Yin-Yang thing.

And it ties into the type R thing as well. Its still a bit early. Catastrophic failures can happen to the most reliable motors out there within a short period of ownership due to manufacturing or assembly faults. I'm more interested in long term things to see if Ford fixed the timing chain issues the previous 2.3ls had. And even honda, they had timing chain issues on K series.

Idk, the RS and mustang share the same engine. Mine has been fine and only about a handful of Ecoboost mustangs blew and that was probably due to driver error or bad tuning when they first came out. Like I said earlier the 2.3 Ecoboost block design was the only part that was designed similarly to the older Mazda 2.3T.

6 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Its smaller than a Jazz (Fit), similar size to a BMW Mini

Oh damn, sounds like someone got really unlucky with their car, FK8 right?

Most likely as all the cars that had issues from their production runs weren't even 5% of the total produced. Probably just lemons hey it happens.

1 minute ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Idk, the RS and mustang share the same engine. Mine has been fine and only about a handful of Ecoboost mustangs blew and that was probably due to driver error or bad tuning when they first came out. Like I said earlier the 2.3 Ecoboost block design was the only part that was designed similarly to the older Mazda 2.3T.

iirc what would happen is the connecting rod bolts would either come loose or break..

supposedly they updated them in late 2015. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1