Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, IKnight said:

Yeah but your phones like 6 freaking inches. 

Even my note 4x makes to to minimum 50% by the end of the day. 

My phone is still new enough to last three days with moderate use :x

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

My phone is still new enough to last three days with moderate use :x

I mean. I'm at 75% right now, with some use (Snapchat, Google, simple games etc etc). Mostly been studying though. 

The 4000mahs is pretty big. 

(And replacement parts for chinese phones are dirt cheap :D)

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Just now, IKnight said:

I mean. I'm at 75% right now, with some use (Snapchat, Google, simple games etc etc). Mostly been studying though. 

The 4000mahs is pretty big. 

(And replacement parts for chinese phones are dirt cheap :D)

I'm at 83% after a full day. Don't play any games though. 3000mah battery. 

Its a Huawei so i'm also using a Chinese phone^^ (And if their future offerings are as good i'll probably stick with them)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

My tattoo is peeling / scabbing and I'm going insane. Send halp

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

45 minutes ago, techswede said:

I'm at 83% after a full day. Don't play any games though. 3000mah battery. 

Its a Huawei so i'm also using a Chinese phone^^ (And if their future offerings are as good i'll probably stick with them)

Damn that's pretty efficient. 

Chinese phones are kicking ass these days. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

That sucks... I know -5 about tattoos though.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I'm bored out of my mind. Been studying for a chemistry and biology test(s) for the past 2 days straight. 

2 minutes ago, IKnight said:

I'm bored out of my mind. Been studying for a chemistry and biology test(s) for the past 2 days straight. 

All i remember from biology is the mitochondria, C6H12OIs the formula for sugar and that not wrapping yer tool can lead to 18 years of financial drainage. 

I liked chemistry. But that's about all i can remember about it since i barely use it day to day.

1 minute ago, techswede said:

All i remember from biology is the mitochondria, C6H12OIs the formula for sugar and that not wrapping yer tool can lead to 18 years of financial drainage. 

I liked chemistry. But that's about all i can remember about it since i barely use it day to day.

Mitochondria is where glucose (c6h12o6) is converted into co2 and ATP (energy for cells). (Ironically that's part of what I've been learning). 

Warp it before you tap it. Got it. 

Im gonna take physics next year 

Just now, IKnight said:

Mitochondria is where glucose (c6h12o6) is converted into co2 and ATP (energy for cells). (Ironically that's part of what I've been learning). 

Warp it before you tap it. Got it. 

Im gonna take physics next year 

We had to watch a really condescending cartoon about how the body converted glucose into energy. on VHS.. 

Physics>Chemistry>Biology 

Funny thing is that i hate maths. And yet i actually gave a shit during physics lessons. 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

xD 

Hey. We can't all be as 'active' as you :P

We had to watch a really condescending cartoon about how the body converted glucose into energy. on VHS.. 

Physics>Chemistry>Biology 

Funny thing is that i hate maths. And yet i actually gave a shit during physics lessons. 

Ugh. Our teacher just reads off of a pre made generic shitty PowerPoint. Compete with animations. 

Maths can get boring, but I tend to be okay with it.

Il need physics and maths for getting a a ICT degree or whatever I go for (that's related to tech). 

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

That sucks... I know -5 about tattoos though.

It's normal. But still. A tattoo is essentially a giant open wound. So your body freaks out and tries to heal it back to normal. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

3b49a96521.jpg

just dip it in. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Just now, IKnight said:

Hey. We can't all be as 'active' as you :P

Ugh. Our teacher just reads off of a pre made generic shitty PowerPoint. Compete with animations. 

Maths can get boring, but I tend to be okay with it.

Il need physics and maths for getting a a ICT degree or whatever I go for (that's related to tech). 

Well he left the "yer" in the quote. So he is technically correct. I barely use his tool. 

We had pretty decent teachers. They at least acted like they knew what they were talking about. 

Its just a set of formulas you need to memorize for the most part and i find it dull as all hell. Equations are the fun bit. Fractions are hateful things. 

Getting decent grades in everything will at least keep your options open. 

5 minutes ago, techswede said:

Well he left the "yer" in the quote. So he is technically correct. I barely use his tool. 

We had pretty decent teachers. They at least acted like they knew what they were talking about. 

Its just a set of formulas you need to memorize for the most part and i find it dull as all hell. Equations are the fun bit. Fractions are hateful things. 

Getting decent grades in everything will at least keep your options open. 

Some of our teachers are just dull as all hell. 

Yeah, I'm hoping to (keep) getting good grades. 

7 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Some of our teachers are just dull as all hell. 

Yeah, I'm hoping to (keep) getting good grades. 

Read ahead. Ask them annoying questions. Irritate them into giving a shit

Good. 

Read ahead. Ask them annoying questions. Irritate them into giving a shit

Good. 

I feel like I do that already. I'm that annoying student that ain't a nerd but asks questions. xD

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Uh oh.

Might've wanted to go outline first and color it once that healed.

51 minutes ago, IKnight said:

I just woke up. I'm such a piece of shit.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Uh oh.

What times it there?

Just now, IKnight said:

I feel like I do that already. I'm that annoying student that ain't a nerd but asks questions. xD

I was the same. I still am judging by how i was when i gave reading up my grades a go. Its fun.

I was the same. I still am judging by how i was when i gave reading up my grades a go. Its fun.

Wait what? You gave up on your grades?

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Uh oh.

I mean it still looks phenomenal, I'll just have to get it touched up. My shop does free touch-up for the first year 

Just now, IKnight said:

Wait what? You gave up on your grades?

I went to a "Folkhögskola" to read up my grades. All went well except for maths. Just have that snoozefest left before i'm ready to apply for uni. 

The anxiety i was dealing with at the time made everything more difficult than it had to be though. Could've done waaay better now. 

I went to a "Folkhögskola" to read up my grades. All went well except for maths. Just have that snoozefest left before i'm ready to apply for uni. 

The anxiety i was dealing with at the time made everything more difficult than it had to be though. Could've done waaay better now. 

Oh okay I get it. 

You mentioned before about continuing your education right?

Just now, IKnight said:

Oh okay I get it. 

You mentioned before about continuing your education right?

Yup. But not right now. Still got a mountainous debt to take care of first. But i'm well on my way through that by now. 

When that is done i may attend university. To earn that coveted tweed jacket with elbow patches.