Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Yup. But not right now. Still got a mountainous debt to take care of first. But i'm well on my way through that by now. 

When that is done i may attend university. To earn that coveted tweed jacket with elbow patches. 

Smart. Slowly but surely you'll do it professor techswede :P

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

31 minutes ago, IKnight said:

What times it there?

4 pm

27 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I mean it still looks phenomenal, I'll just have to get it touched up. My shop does free touch-up for the first year 

Well that's good.

13 minutes ago, IKnight said:

Smart. Slowly but surely you'll do it professor techswede :P

Gonna get that sweet sweet money eventually 

http://allastudier.se/jobb-o-lön/2252-historiker-forskare/

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

Gonna get that sweet sweet money eventually 

http://allastudier.se/jobb-o-lön/2252-historiker-forskare/

Damn. 40k ain't no joke. That would be baller money. 

18 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

4 pm

Well hat's good.

Damn you. It's 00 here.

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

28 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

4 pm

Well hat's good.

Ye

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

@MEC-777

I can still hear FXX Ks from Mosport in my mind - you really should have come!

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

16 hours ago, IKnight said:

I mean. I'm at 75% right now, with some use (Snapchat, Google, simple games etc etc). Mostly been studying though. 

The 4000mahs is pretty big. 

(And replacement parts for chinese phones are dirt cheap :D)

Meanwhile with an 8 month old S7 Edge, just by listening to music and look at stuff for my car

Screenshot_20171016-112551.png

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

13 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Meanwhile with an 8 month old S7 Edge, just by listening to music and look at stuff for my car

My old iPhone 5 couldn't last 3 hours. It was terrible. But yeah, that's pretty bad for an 8 month old phone. 

How's the job?

2 minutes ago, IKnight said:

My old iPhone 5 couldn't last 3 hours. It was terrible. But yeah, that's pretty bad for an 8 month old phone. 

How's the job?

Quite tiring after for walking for roughly 10 hours but other than that its decent. Plus some of the stuff you can handle is brilliant. First day there and in the last hour I had to pick a damn blowjob simulator for someones order ?

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

5 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Quite tiring after for walking for roughly 10 hours but other than that its decent. Plus some of the stuff you can handle is brilliant. First day there and in the last hour I had to pick a damn blowjob simulator for someones order ?

Hahahhaha. Dont doubt those autoblow 2s. :P

Anything else that was fun?

I bought something cool.

One of my neighbors at the cabin passed away this last summer, and he's had an old Model A in his back trees for 30 years. Well on Saturday his kids came over and said that he'd mentioned that we'd talked about buying the model A a few times. Well They threw out a price which we could not walk away from. So I bought it!

1930 Ford Model A Tudor

20171014_153608.jpg

20171014_153529.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

6 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I bought something cool.

One of my neighbors at the cabin passed away this last summer, and he's had an old Model A in his back trees for 30 years. Well on Saturday his kids came over and said that he'd mentioned that we'd talked about buying the model A a few times. Well They threw out a price which we could not walk away from. So I bought it!

1930 Ford Model A Tudor

20171014_153608.jpg

20171014_153529.jpg

"It'll buff right out" he said

Thats nice though

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

"It'll buff right out" he said

Thats nice though

It's really in shockingly good shape for having spent the last 30 years in a tree row.

20171014_145521.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

11 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I bought something cool.

1930 Ford Model A Tudor

That's insane. How much was it if you don't mind my asking? Bodies in good condition have been pretty pricey.

7 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That's insane. How much was it if you don't mind my asking? Bodies in good condition have been pretty pricey.

A price so low I feel a bit bad about it... They knew it was low, but wanted it out and gone. I paid $500 for it. A quick google search shows them in this condition going for ~$3-4k

Pic of fenders, extra roofing pieces, and misc brackets:

20171014_145458.jpg

1 hour ago, IKnight said:

Hahahhaha. Dont doubt those autoblow 2s. :P

Anything else that was fun?

Could be seen as fun, might not be, but basically get the day to yourself to walk around and just look at all the different stuff as youre walking between the items you gotta collect. And you dont really speak to anyone which is decent for me and my issues with speaking to others but at the same time makes it pretty boring and you cant listen to music on your phone with earphones as youre working :/

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

A price so low I feel a bit bad about it... They knew it was low, but wanted it out and gone. I paid $500 for it. A quick google search shows them in this condition going for ~$3-4k

What you planning on doing with it? Selling it as is or building one?

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

What you planning on doing with it? Selling it as is or building one?

I'd love to build it into a street rod, but the reality is that's probably a $40k project to do it right. I dont have an extra $40k around right now.

So for the time being I'm going to clean up all the sheet metal and spray it with a weldable primer to keep it from corroding and let it sit inside my pole barn for a while. 

I do have a buddy who is super into the 40's Lincoln Zephyrs and has a few extra Flat-Head V12s sitting around. I MIGHT get ambitious and buy one from him for this.

Build an engine something like this:

v122.jpg

Would never be particularly fast, but it could be very cool.

10 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Annnnnnnd I'm jealous. xD

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I bought something cool.

1930 Ford Model A Tudor

There are good deals and then there are good deals. Fucking hell man that's just awesome.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

My dad's truck is pretty much the ultimate endurance truck. 

zGK5IAN.jpg

Its one of these mazda b2600 4x4s

$_86.JPG

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'd love to build it into a street rod, but the reality is that's probably a $40k project to do it right. I dont have an extra $40k around right now.

Do it

Snapchat-983883118.jpg

Snapchat-805760544.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620