Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Sounds like moms volvo I guess. Moving the plugs from the old engine??

Going to, just haven't had a chance yet

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

11 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Probably going to do it after a few hundred miles, then again around 1K miles, then see it from there on out

They're the plugs that came with the motor, so who knows how long it's been since they've done anything

probably fouled up from being in storage so long idk

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

53 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Garbage photos because late. But she's home. 

20170830_212250.jpg

dead light bulbs on the dashboard when you get into those really high speeds you won't know how fast ur going xD

"I dunno officer... it wasn't lit up right there on that side" lol

But glad it's working! sweet. Hope you fix the bugs and all is well. :)

that'll be sucessful DIY engine swap #2 on this thread? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Going to, just haven't had a chance yet

you still have the old motor?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

dead light bulbs on the dashboard when you get into those really high speeds you won't know how fast ur going xD

I think that's a feature with Saabs that late at night it's there to discourage speeding xD but i think they light up once you pass a certain speed.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I think that's a feature with Saabs that late at night it's there to discourage speeding xD but i think they light up once you pass a certain speed.

oh haha. That's interesting to know. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

oh haha. That's interesting to know. 

i know i didn't know about it until i looked through a 9-5 manual and i think it automatically comes on but i think you can disable it but idk exactly.

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

probably fouled up from being in storage so long idk

That's what I'm thinking

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

that'll be sucessful DIY engine swap #2 on this thread? 

Yeah I need to fix those bulbs still, not going to until I swap out my wooden dash for something a little less grandpa spec

But yeah, both you and I, I can't think of anyone else

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

you still have the old motor?

It's at the shop, but yeah

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Mine don't light up. The bulbs are just shot I think

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

That's what I'm thinking

Yeah I need to fix those bulbs still, not going to until I swap out my wooden dash for something a little less grandpa spec

I love DIY'ing things because you feel like "I built my car" 

lol. kind of a unique feeling not many get to have. 

hope it's just the plugs like you mentioned. it's either spark or fuel related from what it sounds like since it happens at high rpm (or well WOT which is quite a lot of air and a lot of fuel)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Mine don't light up. The bulbs are just shot I think

oh I think i had it wrong. i thought only certain parts of the speedo were lit. but it turns out the entire speedo is lit in night mode, but everything else isn't, but it will when something is trying to warn you.

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

That's what I'm thinking

and if that doesn't help, maybe the fuel pump/ maybe filter might be an issue too since maybe fuel isn't being sent quickly enough since it's at high rpm.

and any plans to keep the old motor or nah?

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I love DIY'ing things because you feel like "I built my car" 

lol. kind of a unique feeling not many get to have. 

hope it's just the plugs like you mentioned. it's either spark or fuel related from what it sounds like since it happens at high rpm (or well WOT which is quite a lot of air and a lot of fuel)

Doesn't do it at high rpm on manual downshifts, and only happens at full throttle. Not RPM based. So I'm going to change the plugs and throw some fresh 93 in it tomorrow and see where that gets me. I'll figure it out

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

oh I think i had it wrong. i thought only certain parts of the speedo were lit. but it turns out the entire speedo is lit in night mode, but everything else isn't, but it will when something is trying to warn you.

and if that doesn't help, maybe the fuel pump/ maybe filter might be an issue too since maybe fuel isn't being sent quickly enough since it's at high rpm.

Some 9-3s were that way IIRC

Maybe, I'm thinking fouled plugs plus fuel that's been sitting for a couple months is causing this

Sending it off to scrap to get some funds rolling again

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

i doubt it would be fuel pump but you never know with custom tunes and a bigger turbo. 

if it is even fuel, it's more likely a sensor that affects fuel delivery (such as the camshaft position sensor if it has one). need AFR gauge and a wideband O2 sensor to know really...

but more likely it's the spark, iirc he had a similar issue a while back and switching to a different spark plug fixed it

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i doubt it would be fuel pump but you never know with custom tunes and a bigger turbo. 

if it is even fuel, it's more likely a sensor that affects fuel delivery (such as the camshaft position sensor if it has one). need AFR gauge and a wideband O2 sensor to know really...

but more likely it's the spark, iirc he had a similar issue a while back and switching to a different spark plug fixed it

After the turbo swap it blew the oil in the intercooler onto the plugs, instantly fouling them out, we'll get it ironed out though

Some places in Houston are hyper inflating prices. 

Kinda mean...

IMG_20170830_222440.jpg

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Kinda mean...

IMG_20170830_222440.jpg

Hmm. That's.. 16.78kr a liter. $2.11.

Ok. I suppose. Just this once. You can complain about gas prices

dVDJiez.gif

As for the rest of the garbage inflation. Those people suck ass. Hopefully they lose quite a few customers after Houston dries up a bit.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

56 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Kinda mean...

IMG_20170830_222440.jpg

Yeah, that is the danger zone, where supply and demand have big problem.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

7 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Looks decent imo

They come out of either the newer generation C3 (2010-16 iirc) or a DS3. Mines starting to peel and looked shit in the first place

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Engine came in August 21st, on the road by the 30th. Not half bad for two people working full time jobs on completely opposite schedules. 

well i worked out what im doing with the touring car wheel that i bought, going to be turning it into a bedside table using some mdf and clear acrylic with some LEDs to make it visible, probably the most creative thing ive done all year, something like this

1504182439176791210807.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Saw one of these today

maxresdefault.jpg

Its a peugeot 3008. And i did a double take when i saw it. Actually quite a cool crossover.

I wouldn't buy a french car even with a gun to my head. But i must admit that i'm quite a big fan of the design.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

7 minutes ago, techswede said:

Saw one of these today

maxresdefault.jpg

Its a peugeot 3008. And i did a double take when i saw it. Actually quite a cool crossover.

I wouldn't buy a french car even with a gun to my head. But i must admit that i'm quite a big fan of the design.

Now ...

Imagine yourself strapped in the back of an old car ... you hear the words we are going to buy a new car .. you slow down on the turn for the Renault dealership..

You try to gauge out your eyes but you dont succed.

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

1 minute ago, ColonelThunder said:

Now ...

Imagine yourself strapped in the back of an old car ... you hear the words we are going to buy a new car .. you slow down on the turn for the Renault dealership..

You try to gauge out your eyes but you dont succed.

You did get a decent first car though ;) And you don't seem to be having a lot of problems with yours. 

Most of my IRL friends that got french cars did not have the same luck. So i'm not too keen on them myself.

When those particular cars were built it seems Renault and Citroen forgot what Contrôle de qualité means.