Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

14 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Man, as much as i love haggard garage, this is just no.

Even i dig the UZ engine. And that one was probably a pretty simple rebuild job too. So yeah. Complete waste. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

9 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

yeah didnt like this video, kinda sad that they blew it up ... but hey ... they putting in a 1JZ in the LS400... turning it into a LS250 xD  

i'm really not into a big body car with a inline 6. I much prefer a big v8 for a big car, not an ls motor at all.

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Even i dig the UZ engine. And that one was probably a pretty simple rebuild job too. So yeah. Complete waste. 

honestly if haggard garage continues with antics like this, then they'll soon lose my support. At the very least I wanted them to find a used 1UZ and twin turbo that instead.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i'm really not into a big body car with a inline 6. I much prefer a big v8 for a big car, not an ls motor at all.

honestly if haggard garage continues with antics like this, then they'll soon lose my support. At the very least I wanted them to find a used 1UZ and twin turbo that instead.

The 1UZ-FE is only 2dl larger than my buick 3.8. So in terms of V8's its comparatively tiny. I still dig it though.

They never had my support. Only ever watched the drama with the garage and stuff. Which wasn't fun.

But UZ engines aren't cheap. So it just seems like a waste.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

26 minutes ago, techswede said:

The 1UZ-FE is only 2dl larger than my buick 3.8. So in terms of V8's its comparatively tiny. I still dig it though.

They never had my support. Only ever watched the drama with the garage and stuff. Which wasn't fun.

But UZ engines aren't cheap. So it just seems like a waste.

I mean they're pretty stout, seeing how much they were banging off redline and it still could run, and they're reliable too.

honestly they were cool when they were hooning shit and doing pretty cool stuff, but this just crosses the line. perfectly good motor they could have rebuilt and they instead go and proceed to blow it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

9 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I found the tall size for my car and I use the Fram "XG" filters. 

the only fram filter i'll ever buy... that for some reason despite the company being known for their terrible filters... is actually really good in tests, esp for the price.

you get looks from people who are anti-FRAM and don't know tho lol

I wish I could use a fall filter in the accord. The oils filter is right next to the control arm. So there's no extra clearance.

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/air-filter-study.html

found this on that site too. quite interesting. 

guess i have to throw away my K&N filter now...

Good read. Thanks!

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Just now, terrytek said:

I mean they're pretty stout, seeing how much they were banging off redline and it still could run, and they're reliable too.

honestly they were cool when they were hooning shit and doing pretty cool stuff, but this just crosses the line. perfectly good motor they could have rebuilt and they instead go and proceed to blow it.

The thing was "Already worn" and still did burnouts. Seemed completely fine to me. 

Now that i look at their videos. 1UZ mini anyone? That's a missed opportunity right there. 

Just now, techswede said:

The thing was "Already worn" and still did burnouts. Seemed completely fine to me. 

Now that i look at their videos. 1UZ mini anyone? That's a missed opportunity right there. 

230k miles (at least what I've seen with a quick glance on the odometer, and assuming it's still all original) on a toyota motor is really nothing. they could have rebuilt it and be on their merry way at the very least, or maybe it was just a little radiator leak who knows. but now they'll never know now that their motor blew. i'm actually quite upset that guy came along offering a 1jz and manual transmission and offered to blow their 1uz, that was pure st upidity right there.

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

230k miles (at least what I've seen with a quick glance on the odometer, and assuming it's still all original) on a toyota motor is really nothing. they could have rebuilt it and be on their merry way at the very least, or maybe it was just a little radiator leak who knows. but now they'll never know now that their motor blew. i'm actually quite upset that guy came along offering a 1jz and manual transmission and offered to blow their 1uz, that was pure st upidity right there.

Wait.. What?. Some guy offered to blow it up? 

6mqaa.gif

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Wait.. What?. Some guy offered to blow it up? 

6mqaa.gif

The third guy in the video said he had a 1JZ and a manual transmission (forgot what model) sitting in his garage, so chow and orion were like, fuck it, we'll blow the motor and swap in a 1jz. really what the fuck was going through their heads to ruin a perfectly good motor?

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

Ever hear of a car called the Toyota Chaser? 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

So. Smashed a Prelude on the highway tonight. He rolled up on me, and kept taking off, then falling back, then taking off, and falling back.

Sooooo... One time I let him get two cars or so on me, and then I spooled it up. And absolutely demolished him. Put about 2 bus lengths on him before I shut it down. He made sure to take the next exit after that

Sorry guy, didn't want to shame you in front of your buddy in the car. But don't mess with a car with 100Hp and around 135Tq more in a straight line

Was surprised how hard I pulled on him due to his car being 550-650lbs lighter than my wagon stock

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

10 hours ago, terrytek said:

Wait, i thought you were in Germany...? I assume you flew to Canada?

I am.

I did not fly to Canada, though so far it's being a tempting place to live, ignoring the economy.

10 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

interesting...

probably isn't made of pink slime there /s

It was about on par with the States, but the one I had in Vancouver had actual seasoning in the breading. Was nice.

Fun fact, who ever decided to be charge of McDonald's here really needs to go visit the States to see how it's supposed to be done. So congested and the menu is so poorly done.

@ImadKnight

Kinda offtopic

Stiglo ! Usporedba sa H440

IMG-20170901-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.9681c77084005ed62b820a984e0239fb.jpeg

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

3 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

@ImadKnight

Kinda offtopic

Hide contents

Stiglo ! Usporedba sa H440

IMG-20170901-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.9681c77084005ed62b820a984e0239fb.jpeg

Oooooo Nice. What case is that? 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

3 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Oooooo Nice. What case is that? 

Jonsbo C2(BK)

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

4 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Grandad found a generic android tablet in one of the boxes from the storage unit he bought and now i can not find a single damn micro usb cord to see if it works. 

Fortunately micro USB cables are extremely cheap unlike lightning cables lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

15 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

not really car related but I upgraded my graphics card! I have not fully tested it yet, but I get about 60fps on gta v with settings maxed out at 2k. 

GQuyd0a.jpg

picture comparing the 780 strix to the 1080 ti strix

I've always thought the new strix design looked so much better than the old one. And now the cards actually fit height wise in cases because they dont have that extra heat pipe sticking out "for looks"

5 hours ago, ColonelThunder said:

Jonsbo C2(BK)

Totally thought that was going to be a mITX, was surprised to see it was micro

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I've always thought the new strix design looked so much better than the old one. And now the cards actually fit height wise in cases because they dont have that extra heat pipe sticking out "for looks"

Totally thought that was going to be a mITX, was surprised to see it was micro

IMG-20170901-WA0023.thumb.jpeg.3a40d2a99b52a28a694482ca5c9290fd.jpeg

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I am.

I did not fly to Canada, though so far it's being a tempting place to live, ignoring the economy.

It was about on par with the States, but the one I had in Vancouver had actual seasoning in the breading. Was nice.

Fun fact, who ever decided to be charge of McDonald's here really needs to go visit the States to see how it's supposed to be done. So congested and the menu is so poorly done.

then why are you saying that mcchickens in canada are much better?

gas prices shot up about 9% here seemingly overnight. (about 20 cents)

I think 93 oct is around or a bit over $3/gal now. wonderful.

They are saying because of harvey we will have to switch over to the Winter fuel blend early as well here, because it's creating a shortage in the summer blend. Louisiana has already gotten a waiver from the EPA to switch over early.

Spoiler

A friend of mine ran out of gas and asked me to get some gas and come over.

My reaction when i arrived.

YFcfydr.gif

Matt just sent me this from a sketchy Murphy's he had to stop by lol

Makes no sense. 

IMG_0248.jpg

Spoiler