PNY RTX 3060 suddenly preventing PC from turning on at all

Hi all,

I have a PNY GeForce RTX™ 3060 12GB VERTO™ Dual Fan that had been working perfectly since I got it in late 2022. I've recently been using it in a Mantiz Venus eGPU enclosure, which has been working nicely for a few weeks.

Last night, after rebooting my laptop, I noticed that the eGPU enclosure was not turning on: The PSU fan would spin, but that was it. Nothing was showing up at all on the laptop.

After some troubleshooting, I narrowed the problem down to the graphics card itself: Other cards work fine in both the enclosure and my desktop PC, but the 3060 prevents either from turning on at all. On my PC, after pressing the power button, the motherboard lights turn on for a split second before turning off. This behavior occurs regardless of whether the 8-pin PCIe power connector is plugged in or not.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? I've ensured that all the PCIe contacts are clean and intact. I am unable to open the card up for further inspection due to a warranty void sticker on one of the screws. I'm not too sure where to go from here, other than contacting the vendor.

3 hours ago, hacker1024 said:

due to a warranty void sticker on one of the screws.

https://www.ifixit.com/News/74736/warranty-void-stickers-are-illegal-in-the-us-what-about-elsewhere

That said, unless you have Louis Rossmann level skills when it comes to diagnosing and repairing defective hardware, there's not much to be gained from opening up the card. If the card is still under warranty, RMA it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply