Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

You did get a decent first car though ;) And you don't seem to be having a lot of problems with yours. 

Most of my IRL friends that got french cars did not have the same luck. So i'm not too keen on them myself.

When those particular cars were built it seems Renault and Citroen forgot what Contrôle de qualité means.

Well its not mine and i consider myself extremely lucky (women not included)

So yea , no big issues ... except that one time the EGR valve turned hand granade on me during a drive . 

Edit : i need to re read stuff after work .. its a family ride so not mine per se but still an ok first car , took me a minute to figure you typed that 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Just now, ColonelThunder said:

So yea , no big issues ... except that one time the EGR valve turned hand granade on me during a drive . 

Hah xD 

Yeah that's not fun. But at the very least a valve didn't go 

"Hey driver! I wanna kiss that piston!"

-"No!"

"I'mma kiss that piston!"

*Ungodly noises*

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You did get a decent first car though ;) And you don't seem to be having a lot of problems with yours. 

Most of my IRL friends that got french cars did not have the same luck. So i'm not too keen on them myself.

When those particular cars were built it seems Renault and Citroen forgot what Contrôle de qualité means.

New french cars are fine, as are the more premium ended ones, i.e DS3 Perfomance, Renaultsport and Peugeot GTIs. Its the ones up until around 08 ish that can be riddled with problems, I mean mine has a dead ABS pump and ECU and my friends 133 had a door solenoid die but other than that theyve had no issues (both £11k 08 cars).

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

4 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Edit : i need to re read stuff after work .. its a family ride so not mine per se but still an ok first car , took me a minute to figure you typed that 

Is yours the 1.9 DCi?

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

3 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

New french cars are fine, as are the more premium ended ones, i.e DS3 Perfomance, Renaultsport and Peugeot GTIs. Its the ones up until around 08 ish that can be riddled with problems, I mean mine has a dead ABS pump and ECU and my friends 133 had a door solenoid die but other than that theyve had no issues (both £11k 08 cars).

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Is yours the 1.9 DCi?

The megane is 1.5dci , laguna is 1.9dci

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

3 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

The megane is 1.5dci , laguna is 1.9dci

Cant remember which one you have

5 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Most of the newer ones seem fine. Had an old coworker that drove a C4 Cactus that was pretty great. 

But after their hit and miss history i'm not too keen on them.

(Mind you i drive a chevy. So i know all about expensive faults xD)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Cant remember which one you have

Just took the picture .. from this distance it looks clean tho so all is ok 

IMG_20170831_153036.thumb.jpg.1138334962ab3fbbb0604e260e3f3fb4.jpg

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

On 8/29/2017 at 6:41 PM, vinyldash303 said:

how do you have any damn money?

On 8/29/2017 at 6:54 PM, techswede said:

A functioning economy?

*cries in american*

20 hours ago, ColonelThunder said:

tbh i do drive a turbocharged car but this kind cant really care if its cold air or piss , it would still have the throttle response of a morbidly obese diabetic  wheelchair bound man . /rant

Lets just say that its throttle response is measured via calendar,

FB_IMG_1504113268096.jpg.cfdb6eb5f06c388f1e7c5da37084d863.jpg

This is why I got the Air ram ;D 

20170729_133020.thumb.jpg.09c768253c34f92cb50e31e502806b7b.jpg20170729_133036.thumb.jpg.57feaeb195aafcb901d6e71da7a4961e.jpg

12 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

for future reference, don't bother with K&N oil filters. they're not that great for the money. ;)

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/oilfilterstudy.html

Shit! Lol I just did an oil change and bought a K&N oil filter because the hex nut made it like 2% easier to install. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Most of the newer ones seem fine. Had an old coworker that drove a C4 Cactus that was pretty great. 

But after their hit and miss history i'm not too keen on them.

(Mind you i drive a chevy. So i know all about expensive faults xD)

Well the DS3 is essentially a mini, same chassis and engines, theyve all gotten much better over the years, and its nice to see they havent lost their way with fun hatches

2 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

the black meg?

Just now, TVwazhere said:

*cries in american*

Funny thing about our taxes over here. We pay quite a bit of them. But our pay after taxes is still really good. (Unless you're a carer like me) 

So I found a software update for my S that allows me to use Android Auto, which for the the only real benefit of having is for the Google Maps since my car doesnt have the NAV system installed.

Also saw some videos where the theme of the Sync3 can be changed, and I can use the car fob to raise and lower all the windows. HOLY SHIT I NEED THIS! 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

9 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Well the DS3 is essentially a mini, same chassis and engines, theyve all gotten much better over the years, and its nice to see they havent lost their way with fun hatches

the black meg?

The DS3 is a car i'd probably consider if i was looking for a hot hatch. But only the DS3 Cabrio Racing. Getting one of them is next to impossible though..

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

*cries in american*

This is why I got the Air ram ;D 

-snips-

Shit! Lol I just did an oil change and bought a K&N oil filter because the hex nut made it like 2% easier to install. 

I found the tall size for my car and I use the Fram "XG" filters. 

the only fram filter i'll ever buy... that for some reason despite the company being known for their terrible filters... is actually really good in tests, esp for the price.

you get looks from people who are anti-FRAM and don't know tho lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

I found the tall size for my car and I use the Fram "XG" filters. 

the only fram filter i'll ever buy... that for some reason despite the company being known for their terrible filters... is actually really good in tests, esp for the price.

you get looks from people who are anti-FRAM and don't know tho lol

I've heard concern about the tall filters in my ST though, just in case the car bottoms out and the filter is the first to catch. Dont know how much merit it has, but I was cautious nevertheless

The DS3 is a car i'd probably consider if i was looking for a hot hatch. But only the DS3 Cabrio Racing. Getting one of them is next to impossible though..

They may do a performance cabrio, essentially a DS3 racing with the facelift body and minus the stickers, im actually looking at getting a Racing to replace my C2 in about a year and a half, failing that ill be getting a THP DS3 (same engine but smaller turbo) or a Clio 182 and turboing that

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I've heard concern about the tall filters in my ST though, just in case the car bottoms out and the filter is the first to catch. Dont know how much merit it has, but I was cautious nevertheless

i just go tall size because I can. I wouldn't either if that were the case on my car. 

The filter on my car is mounted horizontally so it's fine.

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

i just go tall size because I can. I wouldn't either if that were the case on my car. 

The filter on my car is mounted horizontally so it's fine.

my air filter requires the airbox to be removed from the car since the hex screws that hold it down go underneath the intake pipe next to the manifold

also i believe this is the first picture ive posted of the mighty NFS engine (believe full code is TU5JP4S NFS)

20170825_183744.jpg

27 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

the black meg?

Yus

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

17 minutes ago, techswede said:

I also see what you mean about the cabrio, they only made 100, and only sent 10 to the UK, surprised none were at the french car show tho, reckon theyre still a pretty penny when they come up for sale, especially with a £30k new price :o

That moment when a co worker shits on a car for reliablity when they drive a BMW. That moment when co worker says "I only buy fast cars" then when you point out he bought a 1990's civic he says "best bang for buck!" -_- no best bang for buck for a 1/4mile car is a old fox body mustang bar non. Found it rediculous he spent 10k on the Civic and it's still only in the 12's. Yup best bang for buck right there.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 minute ago, ColonelThunder said:

Yus

Dunno why i thought you had a grey laguna/megane estate then

Only asked as my mate has a coworker with a 1.9 dci swapped mk2 clio with 400hp

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Dunno why i thought you had a grey laguna/megane estate then

Only asked as my mate has a coworker with a 1.9 dci swapped mk2 clio with 400hp

Thats because it is blue not grey :D

Damn , 400 ? Whats that like 50psi 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W