Is there a way to test if a motherboard is going bad?

My computers been causing me issues for a week+ and I've suspected the GPU for the most part.

I'm going to be running the GTX 970 on the motherboard + cpu combo I'm probably going to downgrade to on Furmark for a few days to make sure that's not the issue.

I've had Blue Screens of Death, Windows kinda of soft resetting where it doesn't actually reset but everything closes and file explorer also resets, and sometimes (why I thought it was the GPU for a while) was there'd be crazy artifacting I wasn't able to reproduce right before a Blue Screen. I'd randomly happen when playing Runescape, using firefox, on the desktop, or even just logging into to windows.

Then I took out the 970 and used the HD 630 and that has issues too!

So now I'm suspecting the board, is there any way to test if that's the issue or do I just have to trust my gut?

Posted (edited)

furmark is hard on gpus but if your having artfacting then porbly the gpu thow i dont no if that woud do restares are of there stuff. it hard to truble shoot parts other then buying another computer or testing parts in another...

if you have on bored video you could take out the gpu and test everything els i guess.

the blue screen some time tells you a problem so take a screen shot if you can.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

either both of your gpus are bad or the board is going out and id bet on the latter especially if youve got a different spare gpu to test with

boards are literally the most error prone part in a build so i generally put all suspicions on the board whenever its a downright strange issue or all other factors have been eliminated

bsods might just be unstable cpu/ram so id try xmp off and run prime95 largeffts to verify stability

12 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

furmark is hard on gpus but if your having artfacting then porbly the gpu thow i dont no if that woud do restares are of there stuff. it hard to truble shoot parts other then buying another computer or testing parts in another...

if you have on bored video you could take out the gpu and test everything els i guess.

the blue screen some time tells you a problem so take a screen shot if you can.

Ran that for 4+ hours and yeah it was the board, at least this Athlon I'm stuck with is a Quad Core!

Also love the AVGN rep