Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

13 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Car I'm probably getting, just waiting for my dad to get back from work since I need a cosigner.

https://www.texasdirectauto.com/for-sale/wow/vehicle/1FAHP3F28CL347254

I test drove it, very nice. Shifts well, really quiet, good audio and it gets up pretty quick.

Looks decent. NA 2.0L, noice.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Vans are so broad in designation too because they can vary so much.

Fiestas are okay-ish but you've got very little arm room.

I suppose, since according to our law a Fiesta can be a van too if you remove the backseat and re register it.

I was talking about vans like VW Transporter, MB Vito, Dodge Ram Van and Chevy Van. Those are the ones I have sat in and had issues.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

2 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

I was talking about vans like VW Transporter, MB Vito, Dodge Ram Van and Chevy Van. Those are the ones I have sat in and had issues.

This is what happens when you try to stick seven or eight people in to a vehicle that never was made to sit that many.. :/

Honestly not shocked at all to see Scotty has no trigger discipline 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

13 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Looks decent. NA 2.0L, noice.

I also saw this, more expensive but I think still within price range. Will have to ask my dad about it though.

Leather seats, heated and power seats, back up camera, blind spot monitoring, 6-speed instead of a 5-speed, etc.

https://www.texasdirectauto.com/for-sale/wow-manual/vehicle/JM1GJ1V6XF1176765

There's also a Fiesta ST for $16K but I think that's a bit too much. Only has 21K on the odo though.

3 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

I also saw this, more expensive but I think still within price range. Will have to ask my dad about it though.

Leather seats, heated and power seats, back up camera, blind spot monitoring, 6-speed instead of a 5-speed, etc.

There's also a Fiesta ST for $16K but I think that's a bit too much. Only has 21K on the odo though.

184hp 2.5L. Not bad.

It does have more extras than the Focus, and it might be a bit more spacious. Give it a shot. Test drive it. If you like it and can afford it, go for it ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 hours ago, vetali said:

Avoid the 1.4 turbo. Exploding ringlands.

Wait what 1.4 turbo was he talking about? The fiat abarth motor? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

This doesn't shock me. Subcompacts have never really got a good footing in the US. Generally speaking americans like big cars. 

Which is sad when you enjoy the small lightweight options on the market. 

Idk if it's because of obesity... Like my dad just doesn't like small hatchbacks for some reason. He just doesn't like how they look 

He can't explain why, I can't explain why or come up with any idea why, but he just doesn't like them. 

Perhaps our tastes just lean towards bigger vehicles for some reason? Well... Most of us anyway

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Wait what 1.4 turbo was he talking about? The fiat abarth motor? 

The one in the chevys. Pretty bad when theres 3 cores sitting in the shop. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Idk if it's because of obesity... Like my dad just doesn't like small hatchbacks for some reason. He just doesn't like how they look 

He can't explain why, I can't explain why or come up with any idea why, but he just doesn't like them. 

Perhaps our tastes just lean towards bigger vehicles for some reason? Well... Most of us anyway

I agree; it has nothing to do with obesity. 

It's just the culture in the US. Everyone sees big cars and big houses and sees them as symbols of success. Therefore small compact cars portray a less successful image. Not that I think the size of your car or house has anything to do with your level of success but it seems to be a common thing in the US. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

It's just the culture in the US. Everyone sees big cars and big houses and sees them as symbols of success. Therefore small compact cars portray a less successful image. Not that I think the size of your car or house has anything to do with your level of success but it seems to be a common thing in the US. 

I kinda see the size of the house as a measurement of success actually. That, or lots of land. I dont know why. Size of cars has never been a measurement of success to me.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

1 hour ago, byalexandr said:

hey, if it's more loaded and safer in case of a crash, and still has a manual, and in price range, go for it, if you like how it feels and drives.

10 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i think my dad doesn't like small cars because of how dangerous they could be on highways. like my dad sees a miata or a fiesta st, and while i think theyre super fun to drive bc they're really light, my dad doesn't like it because in case of a crash, they might be too small to protect you. i kinda see it, but whatever.

7 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

yeah now i kinda see why a lot of wealthy people buy cars like land rovers and rolls royces and s classes and the like aside from its poshness. they're just big.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I kinda see the size of the house as a measurement of success actually. That, or lots of land. I dont know why. Size of cars has never been a measurement of success to me.

That's my point. 

There's some validity to the big house side of things, as an unsuccessful person its difficult or impossible to own a mansion. However the opposite side doesnt follow; not all successful people own mansions. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

not all successful people own mansions. 

Facts

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

18 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

11 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Fat boomers buy the shit outta crossovers because of their easy step in height. They don't want subcompacts. Obesity has a lot to do with it. 

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

hey, if it's more loaded and safer in case of a crash, and still has a manual, and in price range, go for it, if you like how it feels and drives.

i think my dad doesn't like small cars because of how dangerous they could be on highways. like my dad sees a miata or a fiesta st, and while i think theyre super fun to drive bc they're really light, my dad doesn't like it because in case of a crash, they might be too small to protect you. i kinda see it, but whatever.

yeah now i kinda see why a lot of wealthy people buy cars like land rovers and rolls royces and s classes and the like aside from its poshness. they're just big.

Payments on that expensive of a car are going to be killer though. With my low credit (since I just turned 18) I'll have a pretty high interest rate. The monthly payments I would have on the $8,890 Focus are already going to be $225 a month for a 48 month finance with $1000 down. And I'm not going to do anything longer than that, I want to have the car paid off by the time I am out of college, or at least have my bachelor's. That way I can get my WRX STI that I've always wanted. And I'm certain this car will help my credit out a lot for that STI.

@MEC-777

35766718310_67f447045c_o.jpg

Full album here

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Payments on that expensive of a car are going to be killer though. With my low credit (since I just turned 18) I'll have a pretty high interest rate. The monthly payments I would have on the $8,890 Focus are already going to be $225 a month for a 48 month finance. And I'm not going to do anything longer than that, I want to have the car paid off by the time I am out of college, or at least have my bachelor's. That way I can get my WRX STI that I've always wanted. And I'm certain this car will help my credit out a lot for that STI.

hmm but you said the mazda6 was still within your price range, so i'm a little confused here.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 hours ago, paps511 said:

There is metal in the oil, which is never a good sign. Not sure what killed it yet, but it is dead. I'm looking to source a new motor now. Factory rebuilts are in the 12-16k range. Used are in the 9-12k range

I know how you feel 

5 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

i honestly never had seen anything about this .... it seriously fits? xD 

Yeah, found this out on a Saab owners Facebook group in a part of 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 hours ago, wcreek said:

no love for the korean cars

Well it seems the value goes down as quickly as a Kia, so a 2015 Mazda6 costs about the same as a 2015 Optima.

But... 나의 아름다운 한국 자동차

Reveal hidden contents

나의 아름다운 한국 자동차 should roughly mean My beautiful Korean cars. I've spent maybe 20 minutes learning the Korean alphabet because I got bored one day and now I love the concept.

Buddy of mine has a 06 Hyundai Sonata with the 3.3 V6. Very underrated car. And he's wanting to get into modding it (Just bolt ons) but it's nice to see

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

miata? still fun, rwd, and i bet it can check all those boxes too.

A lower spec Mustang / Camaro would be much better for him. My buddy AJ with the TC hates how little space he has due to college. A MX5 would be even worse

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

ok fine. so i guess the mr2 plans fell through? what about a saab 9-5? just a curious thought. i mean you couldn't really do payments, but you wouldn't really need to, they're like 2-3 grand, even for an aero model, the most powerful model.

Seems like he wants something new and reliable. A 2-3K Aero while a hell of a lot of car for the money, just doesn't fit those boxes. He could get a later model 9-3 Aero (Maybe even a XWD) and have the best of everything. But those aren't a common site

1 Man

2 Dead Saabs

??

20170725_145751.jpg

20170725_145720.jpg

20170725_145357.jpg

17 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

A lower spec Mustang / Camaro would be much better for him. My buddy AJ with the TC hates how little space he has due to college. A MX5 would be even worse

Seems like he wants something new and reliable. A 2-3K Aero while a hell of a lot of car for the money, just doesn't fit those boxes. He could get a later model 9-3 Aero (Maybe even a XWD) and have the best of everything. But those aren't a common site

well i mean the 9-5 was sold till 2011, with 2 generations, but i don't think it's possible to find anything newer than even the 1st facelift first gen, since 2nd facelift models were super ugly and the 2nd generation was pretty much impossible to find, since they made like 11 thousand units before bankruptcy.

29 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Buddy of mine has a 06 Hyundai Sonata with the 3.3 V6. Very underrated car. And he's wanting to get into modding it (Just bolt ons) but it's nice to see

My mom has a 2011 Kia Soul. We've taken road trips that are well over 1000 miles in it and it's been reliable.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

My mom has a 2011 Kia Soul. We've taken road trips that are well over 1000 miles in it and it's been reliable.

yeah but does it have any soul? (pun intended)