Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I spent 4 years in school learning French. I wasn't really in the mood to play video games and some reason I thought it would be neat to see how hard learning Korean would be and then I had seen a video that talked about it's alphabet and some of it's history and why it's possibly the best and easiest language in the world because of that.

Also I've had to work a lot these past few weeks lol so I feel maybe my mental stability may have been greatly deteriorated but still no regrets for getting down sort of one element of the korean language. I know literally no vocabulary or grammar but the alphabet has made a lot of sense this far.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

11 minutes ago, wcreek said:

no love for the korean cars

Well it seems the value goes down as quickly as a Kia, so a 2015 Mazda6 costs about the same as a 2015 Optima.

But... 나의 아름다운 한국 자동차

Reveal hidden contents

나의 아름다운 한국 자동차 should roughly mean My beautiful Korean cars. I've spent maybe 20 minutes learning the Korean alphabet because I got bored one day and now I love the concept.

If you're set on a Korean car, then look at an Elantra GT. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

The GT is really the only mustang to buy. 

I never understood why people got all excited about the ecoboost mustangs, but I have trouble blaming ford for people blowing up their engines after they tuned them. Poor tunes are always incredibly dangerous.

Missed this post, but me personally I'd get a v6 before a i4 turbo muscle car. The 3.7 mustang sounded good and made decent power. Plus it didn't explode. 

Unrelated, but I heard that Ford is killing off the Fiesta in the US. First sign of the death of subcompact cars in the US.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Missed this post, but me personally I'd get a v6 before a i4 turbo muscle car. The 3.7 mustang sounded good and made decent power. Plus it didn't explode. 

Unrelated, but I heard that Ford is killing off the Fiesta in the US. First sign of the death of subcompact cars in the US.

I'm curious, is the death of the subcompact automobile signaling something?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Just now, RatedBlam said:

I'm curious, is the death of the subcompact automobile signaling something?

Americans are fat. 

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

This doesn't shock me. Subcompacts have never really got a good footing in the US. Generally speaking americans like big cars. 

Which is sad when you enjoy the small lightweight options on the market. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

22 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I do contend it seems that while the 2015 Optima I think was using decent quality materials to begin with the Mazda might have better materials. I could definitely get a better infotainment screen (Optima LX/EX vs Mazda6 i Touring/i Sport)

with mazda's option, you can either directly use the touchscreen or you can use their knob and buttons.

11 minutes ago, vetali said:

where'd you hear that? internet seems to return nothing for me. but this is saddening if it is true. it's been here for about 7 years now, killing it off here is kinda disappointing.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

13 minutes ago, vetali said:

Americans are fat. 

I'm not fat and can't stand small cars. Don't feel like elbowing a passenger while I'm trying to turn.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm not fat and can't stand small cars. Don't feel like elbowing a passenger while I'm trying to turn.

The Fiesta isn't quite that small.

Unless you just time travelled from 1979.

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

you can use their knob and buttons.

heh

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

with mazda's option, you can either directly use the touchscreen or you can use their knob and buttons.

Not bad lol

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

12 hours ago, terrytek said:

you got so soft :P but what happened to an mr2?

I was showing my dad a car on CL, seeing what he thought. He replied back and said I can get a decent car to make payments on. I'd rather take a good car that has A/C, low miles, looks new, etc. I am using this car for college, I want something I don't have to constantly worry about. Just simple service intervals instead of replacing things that are really worn out and spending a lot of money.

Just now, byalexandr said:

I was showing my dad a car on CL, seeing what he thought. He replied back and said I can get a decent car to make payments on. I'd rather take a good car that has A/C, low miles, looks new, etc. I am using this car for college, I want something I don't have to constantly worry about. Just simple service intervals instead of replacing things that are really worn out and spending a lot of money.

miata? still fun, rwd, and i bet it can check all those boxes too.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

13 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Car I'm probably getting, just waiting for my dad to get back from work since I need a cosigner.

https://www.texasdirectauto.com/for-sale/wow/vehicle/1FAHP3F28CL347254

I test drove it, very nice. Shifts well, really quiet, good audio and it gets up pretty quick.

For whatever it's worth I had great luck with my first gen Focus with the 5 speed manual. 

And I love the shit out of my '16 ST, so I approve this choice. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TBH the issue also extends to some large cars, especially vans and normal cab pickups in a different way.

The back wall prevents sufficient legroom and headroom if you have long legs like I do.

Because most seats slightly move backwards when they move down.

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

miata? still fun, rwd, and i bet it can check all those boxes too.

Cheapest Miata from Texas Direct Auto starts at $18K. That Focus I'm getting is $9K.

Just now, byalexandr said:

Cheapest Miata from Texas Direct Auto starts at $18K. That Focus I'm getting is $9K.

i thought you would be making payments? and does it have to be that dealer? try searching other dealers in the area.

Just now, terrytek said:

i thought you would be making payments? and does it have to be that dealer? try searching other dealers in the area.

I am making payments. But $152/mo is a lot cheaper than $305/mo. And I'd prefer Texas Direct, they are by far the best dealer in my area.

11 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Don't chickenwing while turning.

The real reason is the obsession with crossovers. Plus auto makers can sell them at a premium and turn good profits. 

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

I am making payments. But $152/mo is a lot cheaper than $305/mo. And I'd prefer Texas Direct, they are by far the best dealer in my area.

ok fine. so i guess the mr2 plans fell through? what about a saab 9-5? just a curious thought. i mean you couldn't really do payments, but you wouldn't really need to, they're like 2-3 grand, even for an aero model, the most powerful model.

8 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

TBH the issue also extends to some large cars, especially vans and normal cab pickups in a different way.

The back wall prevents sufficient legroom and headroom if you have long legs like I do.

Because most seats slightly move backwards when they move down.

I don't remember the last time I've seen someone buy a regular cab pickup unless it was a utility vehicle..

Just now, vetali said:

Don't chickenwing while turning.

The real reason is the obsession with crossovers. Plus auto makers can sell them at a premium and turn good profits. 

I don't. Small cars are just too small, they've got no space.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I don't remember the last time I've seen someone buy a regular cab pickup unless it was a utility vehicle..

Well me neither, besides old Toyota Hiluxes and Nissan Navaras.

But vans are all over the place, and I even happen to drive one for work.

Kind of annoying how they can make such a large vehicle so bad to sit in with the lack of room and stupid kitchen chair seating position.

Anything for the 3mm extra cargo space I guess.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Well I haven't been in a fiesta, but the newer honda fits are pretty roomy and comfy. I'm a pretty big dude as well. 

1 minute ago, RatedBlam said:

Well me neither, besides old Toyota Hiluxes and Nissan Navaras.

But vans are all over the place, and I even happen to drive one for work.

Kind of annoying how they can make such a large vehicle so bad to sit in with the lack of room and stupid kitchen chair seating position.

Anything for the 3mm extra cargo space I guess.

Vans are so broad in designation too because they can vary so much.

Just now, vetali said:

Well I haven't been in a fiesta, but the newer honda fits are pretty roomy and comfy. I'm a pretty big dude as well. 

Fiestas are okay-ish but you've got very little arm room.