Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

21 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Wow, theres a standard 840 not too far from me, love the look of them. They still looks fairly modern IMO

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

:'( 

image.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

image.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

33 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Supra prices need to make their minds up on whether they're going up or not. 3 months ago the cheapest was £12k, now not a single one is over £10k.

Oh and this is one for sale: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201608056514218?search-target=usedcars&make=toyota&model=supra&postcode=pe28us&radius=1501&page=1&sort=default&searchcontext=default&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&logcode=p&adPos=5

You shouldn't be complaining. You can't find a single MK4 Supra here in Poortugal... :| And if you find one, you'd be looking at a 30000E price tag.... (or more)

29 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

First of all, all z-tunes are grey ;) The genuine Ztune bumpers arent cheap either.

That's why I was saying it wasn't a Z-Tune. It's in the video's title tho... Do they even know what they are selling? jk

they most likely know a lot more shit than I do :ph34r:

nvm, it's Z-Tune look, not Z-Tune, Z-Tune...

14 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

image.jpeg

How is it raining so hard in freaking August? (or maybe the street gutters are useless af)

Edited by JoaoPRSousa

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

@bcredeur97 do you not have jack stands to get your car higher off the ground at your house?

I do. The rain has slowed down luckily. I think it'll be ok. 

But it that may be smart to do. Not like I can drive it anyways... But also too we need to be able to get into the attic (the roof is leaking over the dining room, water is streaming from an A/C vent) and for that I have to back my car up

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

You shouldn't be complaining. You can't find a single MK4 Supra here in Poortugal... :| And if you find one, you'd be looking at a 30000E price tag.... (or more)

That's why I was saying it wasn't a Z-Tune. It's in the video's title tho... Do they even know what they are selling? jk

they most likely know a lot more shit than I do :ph34r:

nvm, it's Z-Tune look, not Z-Tune, Z-Tune...

How is it raining so hard in freaking August? (or maybe the street gutters are useless af)

I have no idea. I've never seen rain like this before in my life

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Well what're you gonna do in the attic when its still raining? I'd have that puppy in the air straight away

Might make the others think I'm a bit selfish lol

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Happens all the time up here ;)

Edit: Oh dear...

bxfcbijcgyv20krhzdp8.PNG

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

My miatas speakers are terrible. They are very muddled yet the highs are too high and when you turn both down it still just doesn't sound right.... I got it as good as I could get it but it's meh at best. So much for being "premium Bose audio" lol

but you know I'm not a crazy music person in a car at least so I just need something to fill the background noise so I don't go crazy on longer trips.(esp since miatas just like most cheap cars are kinda noisy) And it works for that. So I can't complain.

the audio system in my protege is actually surprisingly very good for a 2002 compact car. it's got tweeters in the a pillar door frame, so mids and highs actually sound very clear, and the bass is actually quite powerful once you crank it up. it's definitely much better than the corolla, which has overpowering bass, which i kinda like, but it muddles the mids and highs. but i still wanna upgrade the speakers in the doors to something from JBL.

8 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

I dont like music in cars that much either. Especially when i am driving the crosley or model t (but i rarely drive them anymore). Personally i just hate those really loud aftermarket subwoofers in cars. I just think there are better things to spend the money on that a cheap loud subwoofer.

that's why i avoid the cheap subs as much as possible, when i get an m5, when i upgrade the subs, i'm just gonna go with a single 10 inch JBL sub in the trunk, because i don't need that much bass, and it might just overpower the stock subs anyway while sounding better.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

38 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

jeezus, that's some freaky mother nature shit going on. meanwhile, it's still over 100 degrees over here.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

jeezus, that's some freaky mother nature shit going on. meanwhile, it's still over 100 degrees over here.

In the 90s up here. RIP crop yields this year.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

In the 90s up here. RIP crop yields this year.

yeah it's crazy hot over here, like if you're used to 80s all summer, you're done. people always think california has amazing weather year round, that's not true. only certain parts, mostly near the coast, has great year round weather. the rest of the state gets some weird ass climates.

@Maybach123 :x:x.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/08/assembling-art-pagani-production-line/

Pagani-Production-Line-19.jpgPagani-Production-Line-16.jpgPagani-Production-Line-06.jpgPagani-Production-Line-12.jpg

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE I'VE FINALLY SEEN THE NAUGHTY BITS UNDER THIS REAR COVER. (my word that diffuser is massive)

Pagani-Production-Line-11.jpg

Neo-Zondas benefiting from carbotanium construction.

Pagani-Production-Line-34.jpg

Not often you see AMG V12s in their crate form, fresh out of the factory.

Pagani-Production-Line-41.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

We have a leak in the ceiling in the dining room. Can't figure out the source. Water was streaming out of the A/C vent, we had to put a bucket down. Drywall is damp around it too. 

Went up in attic (barefoot actually since I had been walking outside and I don't have boots lol) and the the whole area is covered in insulation but where it ends there is a damp spot. Stared at the roof around the area for a good few minutes. Didn't see any wet spots or dripping. 

Where the furnace vents the exhaust gas there was a bit of water dripping from it onto the top of the furnace/AC unit. Perhaps it got into the duct work somehow and since the dining room was closest it drained there? 

The water also thankfully is receding a bit. Rain is on/off but hopefully the worst of it is over. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

We have a leak in the ceiling in the dining room. Can't figure out the source. Water was streaming out of the A/C vent, we had to put a bucket down. Drywall is damp around it too. 

Went up in attic (barefoot actually since I had been walking outside and I don't have boots lol) and the the whole area is covered in insulation but where it ends there is a damp spot. Stared at the roof around the area for a good few minutes. Didn't see any wet spots or dripping. 

Where the furnace vents the exhaust gas there was a bit of water dripping from it onto the top of the furnace/AC unit. Perhaps it got into the duct work somehow and since the dining room was closest it drained there? 

The water also thankfully is receding a bit. Rain is on/off but hopefully the worst of it is over. 

Could just be the amount of water overcame whatever is meant to keep the water from entering the exhaust and leaked through the duct. Damp spots are probably from water coming out of places in the duct that aren't sealed well. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

4 minutes ago, vetali said:

Could just be the amount of water overcame whatever is meant to keep the water from entering the exhaust and leaked through the duct. Damp spots are probably from water coming out of places in the duct that aren't sealed well. 

Yeah I'm not sure what it is but we'll probably have to replace some of the Sheetrock in the dining room after whatever it was gets fixed. :/ 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Noooo, swim miata, SWIM FOR YOUR LIFE!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Ah I do have a pic of the water streaming out

yes we turned the lights off soon after lol

image.jpeg

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Ah I do have a pic of the water streaming out

yes we turned the lights off soon after lol

dat crown molding though pun intended

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

*ahem*

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

5 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

*ahem*

Ill take one of those engines but with a transmission for a RWD car.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

15 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

*ahem*

70787873.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

was this posted yet? ... i dont think i saw it 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Weather radar shows nothing but deadly rain everywhere... Yet I look outside and it's just drizzling 

What is this madness?! (But I'm cool with it lol)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Spoiler