Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

damn, the artwork on this nissan gt-r is just simply astounding, like the level of detail is mindblowing. http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/08/the-road-to-gatebil-mantorp/

RWM_1551

RWM_1245

RWM_1281

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

@RevoltTrain i think you should attempt something like this some day. http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/sstp-1007-1998-honda-prelude/ might seem like a lot of work, but hey, at least you would know it's possible to make a rwd honda prelude. you just need an adapter plate for the transmission, and a 4wd honda crv transmission.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

i mean i'm not asking for a crazy amount of power even supercharged. i think 250hp is a happy medium for a small car like the starlet. and of course, i would upgrade the stock suspension in the starlet, if i ever bought one. that's kinda common sense, since you need suspension that can cope with the power.

The problem i face with mine is too good suspension and not enough engine. (4age blacktop with all hks stroker internals, itbs and a custom 16v valve-cover because i hate the rounded stock one (supercharger is coming soon) im probably close to 230 and with the supercharger it is probably going to be somewere close to 290-320hp if i still feel my suspension is too good im going to stuff a turbocharged Honda f20c engine in there with as much power as the car can handle)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Just now, terrytek said:

@RevoltTrain i think you should attempt something like this some day. http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/sstp-1007-1998-honda-prelude/ might seem like a lot of work, but hey, at least you would know it's possible to make a rwd honda prelude. you just need an adapter plate for the transmission, and a 4wd honda crv transmission.

I remember seeing that, I know some people have taken 5th gen Preludes and made them RWD drag cars, there's also this work of art

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, Strando123 said:

The problem i face with mine is too good suspension and not enough engine. (4age blacktop with all hks stroker internals, itbs and a custom 16v valve-cover because i hate the rounded stock one (supercharger is coming soon) im probably close to 230 and with the supercharger it is probably going to be somewere close to 290-320hp if i still feel my suspension is too good im going to stuff a turbocharged Honda f20c engine in there with as much power as the car can handle)

wow, turbo f20c? why not something like a k24 turbo with an adapter plate to use an s2k tranny? but i agree, maybe try a 20v head see where it can go from there, then maybe get a low/medium pressure supercharger. then see how it feels. i don't think a small car like that would need more than 350hp max.

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I remember seeing that, I know some people have taken 5th gen Preludes and made them RWD drag cars, there's also this work of art

seriously, i give kudos to anybody who has a working twin engine setup in their car. like seriously. the amount of work and custom fabrication needed to fit a second engine that will work with driving another set of wheels is pure genius. i could have never attempted something like that ever. 

29 minutes ago, terrytek said:

seriously, i give kudos to anybody who has a working twin engine setup in their car. like seriously. the amount of work and custom fabrication needed to fit a second engine that will work with driving another set of wheels is pure genius. i could have never attempted something like that ever. 

In theory it is simple though, get a fwd car, get the front half from a fwd car, cut away anything behind the firewall of the half car, remove as much as possible (includes radiator and radiator mounting) without affecting suspension or engine mounts of the half car, cut away the floor from behind the driver side and back in your original car, lower your original car onto its new rear floor, build a rollcage wich mounts to the frame of your two cars as well as on top of a stabilizer bar mount on the shock towers of the rear car, mount a stabilizer bar, lock the steering of the rear car, plum it into your fuel line, find/make room for your radiator and enjoy your twin engine 4wd car.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

In theory it is simple though, get a fwd car, get the front half from a fwd car, cut away anything behind the firewall of the half car, remove as much as possible (includes radiator and radiator mounting) without affecting suspension or engine mounts of the half car, cut away the floor from behind the driver side and back in your original car, lower your original car onto its new rear floor, build a rollcage wich mounts to the frame of your two cars as well as on top of a stabilizer bar mount on the shock towers of the rear car, mount a stabilizer bar, lock the steering of the rear car, plum it into your fuel line, find/make room for your radiator and enjoy your twin engine 2xfwd car.

The thing with the twin engine Prelude is it's AWD instead of FWD

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

The thing with the twin engine Prelude is it's AWD instead of FWD

As is the car i described. (Except it would get ripped in half because i forgot to put reverse the gears on the list)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

As is the car i described. (Except it would get ripped in half because i forgot to put reverse the gears on the list)

Oh I misread, sorry about that

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

but the prelude in the video kept the body stock, i believe.

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Oh I misread, sorry about that

Was it the 2xfwd that confused you? (I tried my best to explain that youb could make it as "simple" as replacing the rear frame of your fwd car with the front frame of an fwd car.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

I haven't had Xbox Live since I sold my 360 2 years ago to buy my CPU

Im gonna be buying another xbone just for world of tanks and forza 6. Can pick one up for about £120 which is perfect for me

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Was it the 2xfwd that confused you? (I tried my best to explain that youb could make it as "simple" as replacing the rear frame of your fwd car with the front frame of an fwd car.

Yeah, I thought you meant both engines powering the front wheels

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

but the prelude in the video kept the body stock, i believe.

It also kept its engine in the front, my example was just a way of saying "not that difficult if you are dumb enough to think" 

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Yeah, I thought you meant both engines powering the front wheels

How the actually f*ck would you do that???? (Hand on a minute, going to brainstorm together an engineer's nightmare)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

2 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

How the actually f*ck would you do that???? (Hand on a minute, going to brainstorm together an engineer's nightmare)

Yeah I was so confused as to how that would even work, or why someone would want that

Yeah I was so confused as to how that would even work, or why someone would want that

I have got a solution: fixed rear axle from a gocart and mount it in.place of your entire front suspension, get two manual transmission motorcycle engines, mount both engines to your firewall, replace your original rear suspension with your original front suspension and bam one horrible twin engine fwd car.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

I have got a solution: fixed rear axle from a gocart and mount it in.place of your entire front suspension, get two manual transmission motorcycle engines, mount both engines to your firewall, replace your original rear suspension with your original front suspension and bam one horrible twin engine fwd car.

Dear lord

yeah i'm totally lost here.

Dear lord

It might be the least driveable car ever but atleast you have two engines and fwd.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

13 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

It might be the least driveable car ever but atleast you have two engines and fwd.

Rear-wheel steering.

ok so i'm out of a phone, but once i get a job, i most likely will be paying for my own phone, so i'm gonna wait about a month, and then get something like an iphone 7 (i would get a galaxy note 7, but that is crazy expensive and nobody in my school thinks owning a samsung is cool, so i'm kinda forced in a sense to get one). problem is, as you've all might have heard, it has been overwhelmingly rumoured that the iphone 7 isn't gonna come with a headphone jack. that's a problem, since i want to listen to music in the car via the 3.5mm jack in the car and the aux function. but i don't think i can do that with an iphone 7, since they're being so petty and got rid of the jack. so i have two options: either i get a 3.5mm to lightning adapter, or i can get a 3.5mm bluetooth transmitter. what should i do since i can't just use the 3.5mm jack as it is.

"Let's start the EGIE"

My dads car lol. Is there a way to fix that? No idea why the N's went first. Lol

image.jpg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1