Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

27 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Is TRD still a thing? Like can you "Check the TRD box" and get a sportier car when buying select models from Toyota?

Yep. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

56 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

So Audi wants to start using electric regenerative dampers:

-snip- 

http://jalopnik.com/heres-how-audis-new-technology-harnesses-suspension-mov-1785122614

It's not a dumb idea, similar to tidal electrical production, but the 48V electrical system will complicate things a bit.

That's actually really cool. But it probably will break and what happens when you need to replace dampers?? You have to pay $10k each? LOL

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

25 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

-snip-

if it's not street legal, then how exactly did he get to drive it on the street? Or is he just driving it illegally and hoping nothing bad happens? lol

But yeah racecars are racecars... not street cars. this is why it's incredibly hard to build a car that can do both lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

So while i, a regular person would never in my life be close enough to a 787B to take photos, i was however able to photograph my (other) cousin's dusty 1:18 autoart "stealth" 787B model car (it came with gt5 or gt6 as a pre-order bonus)

Enjoy:

IMG_20160811_192253.jpg

IMG_20160811_192304.jpg

IMG_20160811_192601.jpg

(Just take a second and admire that detailed interior)

IMG_20160811_192647.jpg

IMG_20160811_192817.jpg

IMG_20160811_193321.jpg

@terrytek

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

40 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

if it's not street legal, then how exactly did he get to drive it on the street? Or is he just driving it illegally and hoping nothing bad happens? lol

But yeah racecars are racecars... not street cars. this is why it's incredibly hard to build a car that can do both lol

Could be closed roads

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

17 hours ago, Technicolors said:

so what's everyone's take on a manual for a first car? no one taught me how to drive manual but i'm willing to learn. i mean, i got some experience when i had a wheel-and-pedal set (logitech g27 to be precise) but i honestly don't think that's good enough practice 

I'm going to eventually buy a manual project car, while having an automatic daily because of tons of city driving and stuff of that nature

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

16 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Well I got my car desk chair home

I quite like sitting in it at my desk. 

Pics?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

12 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I'm going to eventually buy a manual project car, while having an automatic daily because of tons of city driving and stuff of that nature

that's probably my ideal, to have a manual car and an automatic car. but i dont have money for that.. 

Just now, Technicolors said:

that's probably my ideal, to have a manual car and an automatic car. but i dont have money for that.. 

Just get a reliable automatic daily, and save up for a manual project car. Slowly but surely, you have your whole life there's no reason to rush

My auto daily is going to be a 5th generation Honda Prelude, so it'll be insanely reliable while still being fun, then i'm going to look into either a S13 hatch, Miata, RX7, foxbody. Something along those lines.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

That's actually really cool. But it probably will break and what happens when you need to replace dampers?? You have to pay $10k each? LOL

Yeah, its certainly a cost addition. However you should be able to dynamically adjust your damping rates, both compression and rebound, even high and low speed compression for that matter which would be pretty awesome.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Starting to suspect that the company i ordered the diff cover gasket from didn't pick a speedy shipping option..

This is taking ages..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Starting to suspect that the company i ordered the diff cover gasket from didn't pick a speedy shipping option..

This is taking ages..

You're used to our normal shipping times of 1-3 days.

International orders normally take +1 week, depending on how lazy they feel like being.

Bad news guys. Forza Horizon 3 on PC will require Xbox Live it appears. Will you guys still buy it if you need Xbox Live for online play? I know I will, I'll just buy Live codes through G2A if it comes to it

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_announce

Just now, GlassBomb said:

You're used to our normal shipping times of 1-3 days.

International orders normally take +1 week, depending on how lazy they feel like being.

Yeah.. But there are speedy options as well.. And its a gasket for petes sake..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

19 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Bad news guys. Forza Horizon 3 on PC will require Xbox Live it appears. Will you guys still buy it if you need Xbox Live for online play? I know I will, I'll just buy Live codes through G2A if it comes to it

I need to rebuy XBL anyway, so that doesnt bother me lol

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

I need to rebuy XBL anyway, so that doesnt bother me lol

I haven't had Xbox Live since I sold my 360 2 years ago to buy my CPU

J series power

7 hours ago, Strando123 said:

Fwd or rwd? I have a kp61 (old gen wich means its rwd) and it is one hell of a fun car.

rwd. i'm quite surprised a gem like these made it stateside. but a couple of them i found on craigslist still has the anemic sohc carb engine. but some have swapped in dohc engines, like this one http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5688201633.html cute little car, i'd prefer to have something like a supercharged 4a-ge in there. give it some oomph.

5 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

yes. they also still do superchargers and stuff.

i thought toyota discontinued their supercharger program. or was it you can still buy them as a part, but the dealer won't install it for you? because i liked how you could buy them from the dealer and get a warranty out of it.

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

same here, though i think it's what i somewhat have. the corolla is still parked at home, so i can drive that while i can, but when i'm feeling like driving stick, i'm pretty sure my dad will let me drive it around.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

56 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

aw man. that fucking blows. but i desperately wanna play cross platform with xb1 players. i know a couple who are down to play with me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

aw man. that fucking blows. but i desperately wanna play cross platform with xb1 players. i know a couple who are down to play with me.

I may have spoken too soon

http://www.pcgamer.com/xbox-live-gold-wont-be-required-for-windows-10-multiplayer/

6 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

@terrytek

There's a new E63 AMG

wow, that looks SERIOUSLY wide, like i can see the fenders coming out 4-5 inches. i mean if its to fit wide tires, i understand. but i'm just not that too crazy over the new e63, because i heard it was gonna be full time 4wd only, no rwd option. it's disappointing. i miss when performance sedans were pure rwd for maximum fun. making it rwd takes out some of the fun. 

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

rwd. i'm quite surprised a gem like these made it stateside. but a couple of them i found on craigslist still has the anemic sohc carb engine. but some have swapped in dohc engines, like this one http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5688201633.html cute little car, i'd prefer to have something like a supercharged 4a-ge in there. give it some oomph.

i thought toyota discontinued their supercharger program. or was it you can still buy them as a part, but the dealer won't install it for you? because i liked how you could buy them from the dealer and get a warranty out of it.

same here, though i think it's what i somewhat have. the corolla is still parked at home, so i can drive that while i can, but when i'm feeling like driving stick, i'm pretty sure my dad will let me drive it around.

The 4age 16v na with itbs and trumpets is enough power to make a starlet fun, a supercharged 20v 4age is enough to make it dangerous (it can be insanely fun if you upgrade to mk1 mr2 suspension but without upgraded suspension it is sketchy at bestwhen you almost quadrople the power)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

The 4age 16v na with itbs and trumpets is enough power to make a starlet fun, a supercharged 20v 4age is enough to make it dangerous (it can be insanely fun if you upgrade to mk1 mr2 suspension but without upgraded suspension it is sketchy at bestwhen you almost quadrople the power)

i mean i'm not asking for a crazy amount of power even supercharged. i think 250hp is a happy medium for a small car like the starlet. and of course, i would upgrade the stock suspension in the starlet, if i ever bought one. that's kinda common sense, since you need suspension that can cope with the power.