Opinions on emulation?

Looking for different view points on the topic of emulation. I know some people dump legit game copy’s to play on modern hardware and some sail the high seas. But I want to hear your opinion. 

For some things I use emulation ( GameCube, N64, anything sega, etc.) but for some things I use legit hardware ( DS for DS and gba, Wii for “legit backups”,) but I own a copy of super Mario galaxy and download its files to play on my laptop while on vacation and according to Nintendo that’s the spawn of satan. I own the game, you got your money, leave me be. 

In my opinion if you’re not going to make the game readily available on your own modern hardware, I’m gonna pirate it ( now that I realize it they can’t easily port most Wii games since the motion controls are different, might work but idk)And I shouldn’t have to pay an extra $5 a month for Nintendo switch online to play a very small library of gba and n64 games. I’m gonna run them on retroarch. 

nintendos Eula makes it more confusing. They say on their faq page that “games are not software” and there Eula stats “you can’t copy software”. You heard it everyone, they didn’t say I couldn’t pirate Wiiware games.

I dislike piracy because i think the people who encourage and condone piracy are massive nerds. Like just the most annoying nerds in general. If i was trapped in a room with two people and a loaded gun with one round in it, and one of them was a PC power supply tier list parrot, and the other was bragging about their collection of blu-ray torrents, i would shoot myself out of sheer regret for not being able to shoot them both.

Piracy is lame, and runaround arguments for it are also lame. I dont care what you do with your media but the weird hoops people jump through to feel justified to themselves, in turn attempting to convince others, is as ive already described several times, lame.

Don't really have strong opinions on it. I guess it's somewhat wrong but also the only way to play certain titles without shelling out huge amounts of cash.

I guess its just a lot easier to buy into something when the price is free but that also means you have very little ties to whatever it is.

Also, in videogames, I think like technically you're paying to be granted permission to use the files as is. Like,  you can get mods but I don't think Nintendo will be happy to hear that you can recompile n64 games now.

And that's another thing about piracy is the experience is sometimes better than the real thing. In any case, piracy means losing the 'moral' argument and just saying "so what?" Cause who exactly is being hurt by this? Definitely not the company that owns the IP.

Posted (edited)

its just so hard not to emulate. the about of fetchers it has is just nuts.

im trying to kinda use old hardware with everdrives (thow not all games work...) vary costly like $500 a system. but i do buy cd so gamecube and up and i buy switch games and i have like 24 of them something like $2400 or something.

not only that you can play rom hacks witch is huge these days.

but i do recommend going the mini consoles and mod them save you moeny...

but Nintendo is the big cat in the room most other dont care you play there game and when its available to buy recommend you do so and probably most people do.

now "buying it" renting is another topic all of its own.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

all i know is that im not buying a switch just to play mario kart and mario party with my friends

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd