Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

You realize that crashing head on into a semi at highway speeds will probably kill you no matter what you are driving? Bigger cars don't mean you will be better off in an accident than a smaller one.

Honestly the only way you'd be crashing into a big rig head on is if you were driving on the wrong side of the road drunk. And technically, bigger cars have more metal, hence more weight, so it uses that weight to kinda protect the passengers.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Honestly the only way you'd be crashing into a big rig head on is if you were driving on the wrong side of the road drunk. And technically, bigger cars have more metal, hence more weight, so it uses that weight to kinda protect the passengers.

Peoples spin off th road, through the median, go through the gap through the rails/wires (sometimes there are none!) into the other side of traffic and hit a semi traveling the other way

It happens. Especially when things are slick (winter)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I tell the one thing I'm terrified of( and will never see where I live)

Ice and especially black ice...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

No, not in modern cars. More metal does not mean safer in a crash test...

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

I tell the one thing I'm terrified of( and will never see where I live)

Ice and especially black ice...

Made me think of this

Ice isn't too bad with proper tyres. Never encountered black ice though (Or at least i don't think so)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

any one watching leMons

afff5e292b4855920a00a7b1a14dda02.png

with the glorious 914/6 engine and a central driving position and the extreme body kit this monster will destroy everything

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Made me think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efiW2K8gASM

Ice isn't too bad with proper tyres. Never encountered black ice though (Or at least i don't think so)

You can't travel that close limit though...slowing everything to a crawl then...

Highway pile ups during ice season

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

looks like local motors rally fighter and a Lykan had a baby 

+

=

looks uggly af

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Made me think of this

thats sooooo good

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

You can't travel that close limit though...slowing everything to a crawl then...

Highway pile ups during ice season

e4ksOKH.png

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

e4ksOKH.png

especially people in England :P

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Snow in Washington happens maybe twice a year. So its pretty ugly. I personally was ok at driving in it, but I've never driven a small car with a manual in the snow. So hopefully if it snows its on the weekend and I can practice. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

On the topic of england

And those are studless

Snow in Washington happens maybe twice a year. So its pretty ugly. I personally was ok at driving in it, but I've never driven a small car with a manual in the snow. So hopefully if it snows its on the weekend and I can practice. 

Shouldn't be too bad^^ A small car is pretty good in the snow.

And pactice is always good  ^_^

Most likely loose serpentine belts.

Well the car isn't starting up when it makes that noise. It's just the noise that I hear. 

Could it be a starter starting to go bad?

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Sorry to keep banging on about this every winter season but safety is very important.

Yeah people are clueless about snow here. To be fair we rarely see the stuff down south, and our winters aren't always severe enough to warrant winter tyres. For example last winter it was warm enough during the day to wreck winter tyres.

Almost sounds like an RX7

Well the car isn't starting up when it makes that noise. It's just the noise that I hear. 

Could it be a starter starting to go bad?

squeak = belt problem

knock = pulley or other problem

whine or whirr = electric motor problem (alternator/starter/Compressor)

Id start with checking the amount of tension the belt has since you said it was a squeak (i think)

I had a problem with my belt tensioner once. After startup it would sometimes squeak. Also too when it was wet and I got on the throttle hard you could hear it slipping and squeaking. Replaced the tensioner (it was hydraulic) and the belt and it was good as new.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Not if you drive carefully (since you care about the car) and, somehow, avoid the semis. IDK, I've never been in the States, so I can't say a thing...

You can get sucked under a semi..

Even still, as careful as you drive, a semi can still hit you, and the results are pretty deadly.

*squuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish*

Semis here are scary yet I've made a game of it sometimes to see how close I can get to one. :ph34r:

This car from yesterday might get some of you excited

jQJ25y8.jpg

someone said something about watching the 24 hours of LeMons here a while ago, can you watch that online? I would love to watch that lol

Spoiler

someone said something about watching the 24 hours of LeMons here a while ago, can you watch that online? I would love to watch that lol

Onboard video feeds from the fastest cars. Jalopnik also has writers there who have updates every few hours.

http://www.racecast.me/45-masonry/186-2015-oct-mmp-24hrs-of-lemons

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

This car from yesterday might get some of you excited

jQJ25y8.jpg

I need some new underwear...

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Did you come so hard it ripped a hole in your undergarmets?

Also is anyone else excited for the new 2.8 I4 duramax comeing in the Chevy Colorados?

I'm excited for a 5.0 Cummins in a Tundra...

System: Thinkpad T460

Did you come so hard it ripped a hole in your undergarmets?

Also is anyone else excited for the new 2.8 I4 duramax comeing in the Chevy Colorados?

Hard to be excited for anything diesel in USA now.