Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

diesel

That word alone refutes excitement.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

That word alone refutes excitement.

WJYXmQO.png

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I'm excited for a 5.0 Cummins in a Tundra...

Wait the Tundra is getting a Cummins?

YES YES YES

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

WJYXmQO.png

I'm sorry Rudolf, but it's true.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Oh is it a 5.0? I thought they were getting the 6.7 or the 5.9...

Last I checked it was the same 5.0 as the Titan.... Atleast it's a diesel...

System: Thinkpad T460

I'm sorry Rudolf, but it's true.

nRcuON6.gif

Personally i love diesel engines

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

People that don't turn their lights on deserve to be hit with a brick.

I'm that annoying person that will flash at you, trying to tell you to turn them on.

Today I actually turned around to tell someone that they didn't have their lights on.

i hate left lane slow drivers 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I really wish Toyota hadn't canned the Supra, Celica, and MR2. they were some of the coolest cars ever. now if I want one, I have to pay though the nose to get one, or it's super old.

I still want a 1st Gen MR2 though.

I white knuckle the oh shit handle riding shot gun with some of my friends...

my mom does that to me all the time. it drives me nuts, and I'm not even a bad driver, it's just because I'm young.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

can someone please buy me a quadski? or tesla , or maybe this

Neowing Concept from honda?

also a question about 3 wheel motorbikes at least in california.  so i was told the spyder is not classified as a motorcycle and no license needed. why would i need a helmet to leagally ride and second if not a motorcycle then i cant use the car pool lane?

i could really use a tesla, christmas is coming up. :)

my car is a honda accord from 93 :(

also a question about 3 wheel motorbikes at least in california.  so i was told the spyder is not classified as a motorcycle and no license needed. why would i need a helmet to leagally ride and second if not a motorcycle then i cant use the car pool lane?

You should wear a helmet anyway..

You should wear a helmet anyway..

yea my melon isnt harder than the ground.  but it doesnt make sense that if the spyder is not a motorcycle but i would legally be reqiured to wear a helmet.

my dad had a tesla roadster for less than a month just he sold it and made 20k he bought it from a friend for 50k and sold it for 70k  i was pissed when i heard he sold the roadster because i did not even get to drive it or ride in it

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

@brownninja97 FYI the tudor archives for Petit are up. Theres only 7 hours of actual racing, as the IMSA officials decided to call it early due to decaying visibility and excessive standing water (ontop of the yellow and red flag conditions). In case you didnt follow the live blogs, everybody was hydroplaning and the reason the GTLM cars did so well was they have better mechanical grip in these conditions.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

This car from yesterday might get some of you excited

I like the car but I personally think that this example is excessively styled. Rear intakes for what? The multiple front vents added made it look spotted to my eyes. I'd also be surprised if those tires don't scrape. Maybe the owner takes it to shows.

I really wish Toyota hadn't canned the Supra, Celica, and MR2. they were some of the coolest cars ever. now if I want one, I have to pay though the nose to get one, or it's super old.

I am sure they weren't selling strong enough to convince the maker to develop a replacement.

I still want a 1st Gen MR2 though.

my mom does that to me all the time. it drives me nuts, and I'm not even a bad driver, it's just because I'm young.

really, now that those were gone, along with the camry solara, toyota hasn't made a single coupe for the american market. Everything's 4 doors. WHEN THE FUCK IS TOYOTA GONNA COME OUT WITH ANOTHER COUPE (And no, the FR-S/BR-Z-GT86 doesn't count. that was a joint project. it has to be by toyota solely.)

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This weekend our family has gone from 0 functioning cars to 3!

The Audi has new bags up front and a new coolant res.

I replaced the alternator and battery on my Bimmer.

And my Infiniti has been hammered, duct taped, and WD-40'd together. :P

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

safety airbags or airbag suspension 

safety airbags or airbag suspension

Suspension

New bags came for the Audi!  

z6z4n9B.png

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

Suspension

Is it adjustable? Like can you lower the car using a remote?

I thought your Infiniti was no more. Or was that someone else?

Is it adjustable? Like can you lower the car using a remote?

I thought your Infiniti was no more. Or was that someone else?

It is adjustable. There are two little buttons in the car that raise and lower the car. 4 or 5 setting IIRC.

The Infiniti is still alive, albeit barely. Falling apart, as always. Motor is getting pulled out next summer and I'm most likely scrapping the shell. I'll get more money like that than if I try to sell it.