Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Allroad bru.

sorry i did not know that i haven't heard of the c5 all road is it a European model 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

@terrytek @Frankie

I'm not usually a fan of lowered/slammed cars, but damn if my dad ever decides to lower the bags on the Audi, the car could look pretty good (he definitely wouldn't do that though)

Audi_Allroad_5-900x600.jpg

I wish ours was Sprint Blue. And I wish we had OZ Futuras. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

sorry i did not know that i haven't heard of the c5 all road is it a European model 

Nope. I'm in the US. The C5 is the only Allroad that has bags. After that they stopped using them (and they went from the A6 to A4). At least in the States.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

My box was pulled out of a Tacoma that he's selling. $50 and I helped him bleed the brakes he upgraded on his old boss's El Camino.

Sweet deal. :D If I can't find something I'll just go find scrap metal to cut to size and have someone weld it together. Could get a can of header or block paint and call it a day.

I'm not usually a fan of lowered/slammed cars, but damn if my dad ever decides to lower the bags on the Audi, the car could look pretty good

-snip-

585bcbfa5c54806e35255b390fb5583b.jpg

Gotta love Bubbles.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Nope. I'm in the US. The C5 is the only Allroad that has bags. After that they stopped using them (and they went from the A6 to A4). At least in the States.

huh did not know that but im not that well versed  on Audi the car that i like that has air suspension stock is Citroen ds

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

When it's wintertime and your floors are cold...

1e703c53-ddc7-4955-875b-9ddfdc2641ef.gif

wow. I didn't know that was possible.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Found possibly my new favorite looking muscle car

plymouth-barracuda-formula-s-01.jpg

plymouth-barracuda-formula-s-04.jpg

1967 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback Formula S. Dare I say it looks nicer than the '70?

I wanna RWD car so bad... I hate Toyota right now.

on a good note though, I'm getting lower ball joints replaced in the Tundra tomorrow (recall). I really really really really REALLY hope they are what's making the awful squeaking noise up front.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I wanna RWD car so bad... I hate Toyota right now.

on a good note though, I'm getting lower ball joints replaced in the Tundra tomorrow (recall). I really really really really REALLY hope they are what's making the awful squeaking noise up front.

For some reason my dads front sway bar bushings love to squeak unless you like soak them in lube for a year. xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Toyota doesn't do the grease certs. It's really stupid IMO

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

I like driving, but driving 560 kms a week is too much for the pathetic pay I get from the army.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I like driving, but driving 560 kms a week is too much for the pathetic pay I get from the army.

That's like 50 miles a day, every day. I'd get sick of that.. Too far.

I know how you feel. My daily commute is 100 miles round trip ~160kms. So 500miles or 800km a week in just going back and fourth to work. 

And people wonder why I don't care to travel on the weekends :P

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

That's like 50 miles a day, every day. I'd get sick of that.. Too far.

I'd get sick and so would my wallet. Travelling by bus takes ages but is free at least.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

woke up and it was 1C outside today

winter-is-coming-jpeg-492x0_q85_crop-sma

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

woke up and it was 1C outside today

i woke up without any heat on it was around 10c inside 

I woke up, put on shorts and a short sleeve shirt, walked outside to 55F weather.

was a bit chilly... had to hurry though so no time to change. The .6 mile walk to class wasn't too fun :(

at least it's in the 70's now and the high is 81

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1