Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Do any of your family or friends stay loyal to just one brand and never stray from it?

My family is a Chevy family all the way, so it'll be a bit odd showing up to family events next year in a Nissan, even my extended family is all Chevy.

Meanwhile my friend AJ's family is a Toyota family all the way, only other brands they care about are Scion and Lexus, which of course are owned by Toyota

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Do any of your family or friends stay loyal to just one brand and never stray from it?

My family is a Chevy family all the way, so it'll be a bit odd showing up to family events next year in a Nissan, even my extended family is all Chevy.

Meanwhile my friend AJ's family is a Toyota family all the way, only other brands they care about are Scion and Lexus, which of course are owned by Toyota

My father would only get german cars. Powered by fucking diesel. Best match ever...

But we do own a petrol car (RIP SLK) and a Ford Mondeo (MK1).

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

my uncles like that but with tractors but he pretty much only has john deere tractors (yes he collects tractors) to be fair he did own john deere dealership 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

my uncles like that but with tractors but he pretty much only has john deer tractors (yes he collects tractors) to be fair he did own john deer dealership 

My family is a John Deere family purely, with a few Oliver tractors. Ever since the 40's they've been John Deere.

We still have a huge family farm run by all John Deere equipment, other than the semi's 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

My family is a John Deere family purely, with a few Oliver tractors. Ever since the 40's they've been John Deere.

We still have a huge family farm run by all John Deere equipment, other than the semi's 

pretty much the same with him accept he has one Caterpillar just because john deer did not make a combine large enough for his farm  

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

pretty much the same with him accept he has one Caterpillar just because john deer did not make a combine large enough for his farm 

We do have a Cat now also, a backhoe, we picked it up just to restore it though

We do have a Cat now also, a backhoe, we picked it up just to restore it though

i have to know where is this farm because this sounds exactly like my uncles farm and he has 14 brothers and sisters so it could be the same farm :P

My cousins are volvo all the way. 

And my family is (since maybach mentioned tractors) a Massey/huddig family 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

i have to know where is this farm because this sounds exactly like my uncles farm and he has 14 brothers and sisters so it could be the same farm :P

Northwestern Indiana. Although my grandfather only has one brother, so it's not the same farm

Would have been cool if it was the same farm though

Northwestern Indiana. Although my grandfather only has one brother, so it's not the same farm

ah his is in Minnesota  

I think family plays a big part into favorite brands. My dad liked GM and Chrysler. We had a cherokee while growing up with a 350 in it. Then he had a Toyota pickup with a 22re but he didn't like it and sold it pretty quickly for a 91 c1500 and modified the shit outta it. Thats where my liking for GM came from. Then he got a s10 blazer, and I got another one for my first car and loved it despite it being a hooptie. 

We had a 91 Civic for a commuter car for a few years before getting the Durango. That led to my sisters first car, an 86 Honda Civic, then she traded that in for a Beretta... then my dad disowned her after that and she traded it in for a 2001 Civic. Had that for a while and traded it for a Mercury (whatever the escape rebrand was). She didn't like it and traded it for a Honda Pilot instead. My younger sister has a 2000 Civic as well. So both my sisters are big Honda fans because of that 91.

My 2nd car was my Mazda. After looking at tons of Hondas I just felt they were overpriced for what they were. The Mazda was a good price and had the body style I wanted. Just wish I did more research on it. Didn't realize it had motor mounts from the focus, which fail after 50k. Mine started going down the shitter shortly after buying. I want to get aftermarket ones, but 2nd gen 2.0 non skyactive mounts are hard to find.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

My whole family and relatives are really loyal to Mazda. But then we got a corolla a few years back, and we seem pretty contempt with it, considering it came with aftermarket TRD rims. i wanted to replace our hateful minivan with something smaller, like a CX-5 or even an infiniti Q30.

xpost from cars and coffee nagoya, japan @MEC-777 @techswede

Spirit R <3

1600 GT5

Carina 1600GT

Celica XX aka OG Supra

COPENS ARE SO CUTE.

No tag? :( But that Copen. THAT COPEN IS UNBELIEVEABLY CUTE. Would be a death trap on American roads, but cute nonetheless.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Would be a death trap on American roads

Why?

ah his is in Minnesota  

The winters are just as bad here. Because of lake effect (Screw Lake Michigan)

so apparently nissan's possible z-car could be a crossover, as shown by the concept. http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/nissan-gripz-concept-could-preview-z-car-pictures-specs

opinons? to me, i wouldn't like it at all. for it to be a z-car, it has to be a 2 door coupe or bust. making it a crossover ruins the tradition. sure it might be sensible from a marketing pov, but it just ruins the whole heritage of the lineup since the 60s.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why?

You don't realize how big semi trucks in America are, do you? Get hit by one, you're very unlikely to come out with just some bruises.

so apparently nissan's possible z-car could be a crossover, as shown by the concept. http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/nissan-gripz-concept-could-preview-z-car-pictures-specs

opinons? to me, i wouldn't like it at all. for it to be a z-car, it has to be a 2 door coupe or bust. making it a crossover ruins the tradition. sure it might be sensible from a marketing pov, but it just ruins the whole heritage of the lineup since the 60s.

This crossover shite needs to stop..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Dear god no

This crossover shite needs to stop..

I'm honestly ok with crossovers as minivan replacements, but as a sports car replacement? holy fuck what has gone wrong with nissan? at least the new gt-r isn't gonna be a crossover, but still, a hybrid? uh uh nope fuck that

That design just looks weird and if it launched it would be the new pt cruiser(one of the most divisive designs I've ever seen)...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

looks like local motors rally fighter and a Lykan had a baby 

post-116840-0-47776600-1443973933.jpg

+

post-116840-0-40686100-1443973966.jpg

=

post-116840-0-70544200-1443974010.jpg

You don't realize how big semi trucks in America are, do you? Get hit by one, you're very unlikely to come out with just some bruises.

Not if you drive carefully (since you care about the car) and, somehow, avoid the semis. IDK, I've never been in the States, so I can't say a thing...

That design just looks weird and if it launched it would be the new pt cruiser(one of the most divisive designs I've ever seen)...

But at least it's just a concept. it could come out totally different, idk.

Not if you drive carefully (since you care about the car) and, somehow, avoid the semis. IDK, I've never been in the States, so I can't say a thing...

Even still, as careful as you drive, a semi can still hit you, and the results are pretty deadly.

Even still, as careful as you drive, a semi can still hit you, and the results are pretty deadly.

Yeah, I know...

But at least it's just a concept. it could come out totally different, idk.

You realize that crashing head on into a semi at highway speeds will probably kill you no matter what you are driving? Bigger cars don't mean you will be better off in an accident than a smaller one.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra