Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

It is adjustable. There are two little buttons in the car that raise and lower the car. 4 setting IIRC.

The Infiniti is still alive, albeit barely. Falling apart, as always. Motor is getting pulled out next summer and I'm most likely scrapping the shell. I'll get more money like that than if I try to sell it. 

Are all independently adjusted or is it like something else?

i say just find a new motor and put it in and bring it back to life.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I saw one that went under a folding back seat for a truck... what's it going into?

..tools.. I found this and this on Amazon but the Stack-On isn't long enough and the Wright isn't tall enough.

It is adjustable. There are two little buttons in the car that raise and lower the car. 4 or 5 setting IIRC.

Hit that three wheel motion. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

8f86a3d957bcfc66e31589f75e17928a.jpg

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Suspension

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

No, they're all controlled simultaneously. Although they automatically adjust to keep your car level

Nah. Not worth it. The condition is probably a 3/10. I'm pulling the motor cause thats the only thing worth money in the car. Rest is getting scrapped. It's served well, but it's usefulness is coming to an end. One more winter, and it's going bye-bye. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

bags are probably torn you cant keep air in a torn bag 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Please elaborate.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

RIP

Please elaborate.

i just think the only cars that should have air bags are the ones that have them from the factory 

i just think the only cars that should have air bags are the ones that have them from the factory 

..The Audi has them from factory...

..The Audi has them from factory...

which model?

No, whats it going into. The toolbox, what's the toolbox going into, like what car. :P

Ahhh... I getcha. F-150.

No, they're all controlled simultaneously. Although they automatically adjust to keep your car level

Nah. Not worth it. The condition is probably a 3/10. I'm pulling the motor cause thats the only thing worth money in the car. Rest is getting scrapped. It's served well, but it's usefulness is coming to an end. One more winter, and it's going bye-bye. 

Don't even think about the junkyard. Sell the body as a rolling chassis. Let someone else take the project.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

post-116840-0-77854000-1444009527.jpg

i just think its silly basically Europe's version of a ricer (no offence)

attachicon.gifaudi airbags.jpg

I don't think it's silly. If anything, it's more tasteful than any JDM car out there (sorry.)

Hit that three wheel motion. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

~~

Ehhh... Not quite. :P 

which model?

C5 Allroad. Too many mods to list

That's sexy.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

That's sexy.

Agreed.

I don't think it's silly. If anything, it's more tasteful than any JDM car out there (sorry.)

its just a little more tasteful 

Who ever said the bags are used to lower the car?

offroad_allroad_suspension_rear_07.jpg

I've looked at that a while ago and my problem is that I can't remove it as whole to take tools to a different vehicle/area when needed. I've been looking for a tool box that's around 20 inches long because I can still stick it under the 2/3's seat with all my tools and any equipment and still say take it over to our Mustang if I need to work on it without having to run back and forth or get a bag to move tools. Plus the Husky box doesn't really play well with the stock jack and bars. :(

Ehhh... Not quite. :P

C5 Allroad. Too many mods to list

no i mean which model has airbags stock from audi 

no i mean which model has airbags stock from audi because the c5 doesn't 

Allroad bru.

:(

My other problem is I'm only finding plastic boxes around the size that I want and having a lot of tools in there and carrying it eventually breaks the plastic, which isn't fun. Dx