Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Top Gear if Africa was on last night. Nigeria perhaps.

Large large large singular bumps every 200'

These carsTop Gear UK

3 hours ago, vetali said:

that truck + a 45 foot 5th wheel or w/e that thing is capable of towing i would imagine being about the same price as a motor home. 

DfTobSR.jpg

holy.... That shipping trailer long... Gotta be above 4T easily..... FUCK... iwantit

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

3 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

why the hell does this even exist? 

its like 2 trucks welded together and turned into a single truck 

3 hours ago, vetali said:

that truck + a 45 foot 5th wheel or w/e that thing is capable of towing i would imagine being about the same price as a motor home. 

~snip~s

Why not just get an actual tractor-trailer at that point? And what are even the limits when it comes to towing on a standard license over in the US?

10 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Whoever thought that one up needs to be sterilized so they can't make more of themselves. :/ 

Mostly kidding but still. Ugh.

I have a feeling it was some HOA leader, so their sterilization would be warranted prior to the speed bumps. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

7 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

You what now.

6 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Its a stretched 5500 with a long bed for towing gooseneck or 5th wheels, the doohicky in the middle is a massive aux diesel tank. Its a standard Mega cab nothing special there.

But it is super long. Supposed to be for people that deliver 5th wheels or campers to customers and are on the road a l l  t h e  t i m e

I need a link on this..

6 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

no point in explaining to me ... i wont get the point of big pickups anyways xD 

Because in America we do these strange things called roadtrips and camping. Guess what, these are really nice to be in:

112949b7d3773165559cc6f79c1be621.jpg

c5dcba9d8b9ff387c14a2533d3010406.jpg

Plus trucks are useful. I don't give a shit about gas mileage, I can put six people in the cab while carrying a whole bunch of other stuff. It's not either or like with small vehicles.

You can either: 

Carry people and be somewhat comfortable

Carry stuff and be somewhat comfortable

You cannot do both and be comfortable.

6 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

You sure that's not a full 53 footer that requires a CDL? Daymn

But yeah. You might be on to something.

Length doesn't necessarily require a CDL iirc, only weight.

6 hours ago, vetali said:

problem is now days with modern trucks is that beds are super high... and makers are putting ladders/steps on the truck to help people get up there lol

Saw a new 2017 F-350 SRW a couple of weeks ago, holy fuck are those high. Thankfully the duallys are a ton lower but it's still a bit annoying.

5 hours ago, vetali said:

rip colorado, you used to be a mini truck. I've been looking at f150s myself... because mini trucks are pretty much 1/2 ton size now. 

All the size of a 1/2 ton, none of the fucking space.

2 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Why not just get an actual tractor-trailer at that point? And what are even the limits when it comes to towing on a standard license over in the US?

You have basically no usability with a tractor outside of towing. At least with a normal 1 ton truck you can still get groceries and drop the kids off at school, even have proper usability with using the bed.

26,000 LBS and under you are fine with a normal Class C license (what you get when you finish driving school). 26,001 LBS and up you need a CDL. Those are the general rules.

http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/types-of-drivers-licenses/

Here's Texas for me, for example:

A Class A driver’s license authorizes the holder to operate a vehicle or combination of vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 26,001 lbs. or more.

A Class B driver’s license authorizes the holder to operate a vehicle with a GVWR of more than 26,000 lbs. or a bus with a seating capacity of 24 passengers or more. The vehicle may tow a trailer with a GVWR of not more than 10,000 lbs. or a farm trailer of not more than 20,000 lbs.

A Class C driver’s license authorizes the holder to operate a vehicle or combination of vehicles with a GVWR not in excess of 26,000 lbs., a bus with a seating capacity of 23 passengers or less, and tow a farm trailer with a GVWR of not more than 20,000 lbs.

A Class M driver’s license authorizes the holder to operate a motorcycle or moped.  Special licensing and training is required for three-wheel motorcycles. A restricted Class M license will be issued upon completion of a required driver training course.

A provisional license is issued to anyone under 18 years old.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Saw a new 2017 F-350 SRW a couple of weeks ago, holy fuck are those high. Thankfully the duallys are a ton lower but it's still a bit annoying.

Its been so long since I've seen a stock height f350 that I don't know if its actually taller or not. I thought the grandpa ladders were dumb AF, but seeing the height of the newer trucks in person its totally needed. The bumper steps on the silverado and colorado are pretty useless honestly.... its still too high to be useful. 

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

All the size of a 1/2 ton, none of the fucking space.

can confirm, newer colorados are cramped. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

10 minutes ago, vetali said:

Its been so long since I've seen a stock height f350 that I don't know if its actually taller or not. I thought the grandpa ladders were dumb AF, but seeing the height of the newer trucks in person its totally needed. The bumper steps on the silverado and colorado are pretty useless honestly.... its still too high to be useful. 

can confirm, newer colorados are cramped. 

New one is easily half a foot taller, if not more, than the previous model.

So long, so wide, no bed space or cabin space! How do they manage that?!

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Thank yous.

@vinyldash303 I dunno why everyone bothers with fuel pumps in aux tanks, it's not the hardest thing in the world to have them self-level and gravity feed. At least then you wouldn't have issues with eletricals going out.

11 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Damn..... read the whole article and I love it! Reminds me of my much loved full size 1970-80 squarebodys :) I love it and want one now :P Filling the gas tank would kill you though!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

needs a long horn edition so you can say "i got a ram long horn long hauler"

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

New one is easily half a foot taller, if not more, than the previous model.

So long, so wide, no bed space or cabin space! How do they manage that?!

I actually don't mind the height... if it keeps people from putting lift kits on them and turning them into mall crawlers. 

22 minutes ago, vetali said:

I actually don't mind the height... if it keeps people from putting lift kits on them and turning them into mall crawlers. 

No it doesn't.

44ea18e552_640.jpg

The height for me is only a problem if I need to use the bed, it's a bit too high.

Camping is super popular in Europe too. 

Been doing it all my life. 

But for so reason we don't feel the need to have a massive camper with room for your family,  all the annoying cousins,  creepy uncles and unwanted visitors. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

10 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

Camping is super popular in Europe too. 

Been doing it all my life. 

But for so reason we don't feel the need to have a massive camper with room for your family,  all the annoying cousins,  creepy uncles and unwanted visitors. 

Not the same kind of camping as with a tent, can't think of the word off the top of my head though.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Not the same kind of camping as with a tent, can't think of the word off the top of my head though.

I wasn't talking about the tent kind. 

But the one were you tow a camper or use a motor home. 

FB_IMG_1496131746896.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Ok update: 

drove on the JPN ecu to work this morning. OBD2 /kinda/ works

i can see mostly everything but one odd thing is the fuel trims are VERY negative. Like -15-25% lol

the car seems fine though. Maybe just an odd reading? 

Tried reading codes and there's only one code for a monitoring error I think is what it said and also it basically said all the readiness monitors were "incompatible" 

Soooo yeah it kinda works I don't know lol

@vetali

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Here are some videos I made from this past weekend. Both are only a minute long

Fastest time at an Auto X - Sunday

Someone a bit overzealous at NJMP Thunderbolt

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Ok update: 

drove on the JPN ecu to work this morning. OBD2 /kinda/ works

i can see mostly everything but one odd thing is the fuel trims are VERY negative. Like -15-25% lol

the car seems fine though. Maybe just an odd reading? 

Tried reading codes and there's only one code for a monitoring error I think is what it said and also it basically said all the readiness monitors were "incompatible" 

Soooo yeah it kinda works I don't know lol

@vetali

Sounds like something you shouldn't concern yourself with, or try to do anything to.

Because if you do, it'll crap out or something.

It works because "magic" kind of situation.

5 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

Sounds like something you shouldn't concern yourself with, or try to do anything to.

Because if you do, it'll crap out or something.

It works because "magic" kind of situation.

Haha exactly what I'm thinking. The fuel system is fine just let it do it's thing. It's obviously correcting well enough for everything to be "normal" 

There's no pinging or anything odd. And it pulls really nicely

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Haha exactly what I'm thinking. The fuel system is fine just let it do it's thing. It's obviously correcting well enough for everything to be "normal" 

There's no pinging or anything odd. And it pulls really nicely

A bit sucky if OBD2 readings aren't correct.

But hey, it beats a dead engine.

Just now, RatedBlam said:

A bit sucky if OBD2 readings aren't correct.

But hey, it beats a dead engine.

I could maybe get a JOBD2 reader but I don't know if that'll make a difference

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008VA00EM/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_263_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QBMY40F7C97SYZZ07NWW&dpPl=1&dpID=8105FAntS5L

plus it's kinda expensive lol

Spoiler