Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

I just buy halogens xD

I might be back to there too depending on how these turn out. As long as they work they weren't any more expensive than halogens anyway, so it was worth the risk.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I just buy halogens xD

There's nothing wrong with Halogens, but my last focus completely wore me out on changing light bulbs. So now when the first one dies on my current focus, I'm going to go all LEDs on the front.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

58 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

There's nothing wrong with Halogens, but my last focus completely wore me out on changing light bulbs. So now when the first one dies on my current focus, I'm going to go all LEDs on the front.

I'll be watching to see how that goes. The stock lights in my ST2 are good (I think theyre halogens, cant remember) 

I've always loved the headlights on my mothers Expedition. It doesnt shoot the light straight ahead super far, but it lights up everything in a 180º area in front of the car really well. That mostly is because of the massive headlight design though, as it feel slike cars are trending towards super small slits for headlights.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

2 words, projector retrofit.

one acronym, PITA.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

one acronym, PITA.

is it tho?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Aozoom-New-Arrival-Nondestructive-Metal-3-0-H4-HID-Bi-Xenon-Lens-Projector-For-D2S-or/32846543942.html

That threaded shaft pops right into a H4 head lamp housing hole, or 9004. Pair of those, some good bulbs, pair of Fastbright F3 ballasts, some shrouds, Around $200 in parts and you've got head lights that rival $90,000 Mercedes and BMWs. All you need is an oven to open the head lamp. Seriously, took me about 2-3 hours to do my Mazda from start to finish.

Other head lamps have adapter brackets available to let you swap in other projectors or HID projectors bolt right into the same bracket that the Halogen used to. Some GM vehicles don't even need the head lamp split open, you can swap through the back cover!

1 hour ago, vetali said:

-snip-

you're not driving fast enough

lol kidding aside, 420 miles. I see the joke here.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

10 hours ago, vetali said:

9Bs2umg.jpg

I sure hope your mpgs get a whole lot better than that.

nice car though, congrats on the purchase.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

So this is currently sat at work, not sure what for mind you

20190418_125757.jpg

20190418_125748.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

34 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

My ST was like a light switch, at 6k miles I went from ~26mpg to 32mpg average. I wouldn't be surprised if Honda has a similar break in map.

EDIT: Funny story on that, I have a buddy who just bought a Focus (non ST) and when he was looking he asked me what kind of mileage I got, at that particular moment I was driving from Fargo to Minneapolis and was averaging super great mileage, so to mess with him I just took a snap of my cluster showing 38mpg average haha.

image-20190315-141734.jpg

Obviously I dont average anywhere near that, but this was a 65mph set the cruise and chill situation so the mileage was abnormally high. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

41 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

I fueled up at 375 when my range read 15 miles, and I am varying engine RPMs a lot still. Also when they did the delivery they put regular gas in. My car takes premium.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

16 hours ago, Bitter said:

2 words, projector retrofit.

My ST comes with projectors that swivel so it shoots really far forward, but it doesnt light up the sides of the road, which I miss (because Deer)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

On 4/16/2019 at 10:02 PM, JokerProduction said:

I drive lots of things but those were for my Celica GT-4 WRC. 

holy momma ? 

Also... E46 M3 CSL discs. If you go for the 'cheap' discs, they're around £350 for the front pair, which is nearly twice as much as regular E46 M3 discs. The only discernible difference is they're 5mm diameter larger.

Thankfully 95% of the other parts are shared with the regular M3.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

33 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

So this is currently sat at work, not sure what for mind you

They have one at my local Stealership, but the colour is a bit dubious. It's like a pearlescent blue...but somehow it's not metallic, just kinda gloss?

All I know is it's a wank colour. They have an i8 Spyder in copper/bronze too, definitely doesn't suit that car either 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

My ST was like a light switch, at 6k miles I went from ~26mpg to 32mpg average. I wouldn't be surprised if Honda has a similar break in map.

EDIT: Funny story on that, I have a buddy who just bought a Focus (non ST) and when he was looking he asked me what kind of mileage I got, at that particular moment I was driving from Fargo to Minneapolis and was averaging super great mileage, so to mess with him I just took a snap of my cluster showing 38mpg average haha.

Reveal hidden contents

image-20190315-141734.jpg

Obviously I dont average anywhere near that, but this was a 65mph set the cruise and chill situation so the mileage was abnormally high. 

So you get pretty decent mileage then. I average about 29mpg in the Accord, but it’s got a 3.0L v6.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Fun fact, I’ve put almost exactly 25,000 miles in the Accord in the last 14 months since I’ve been logging mpg with Fuelly. That plus the couple thousand I put on the Tacoma before I sold it, and the couple thousand I’ve put in the Tundra means I’m still driving as much as ever.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Ross Siggers said:

They have one at my local Stealership, but the colour is a bit dubious. It's like a pearlescent blue...but somehow it's not metallic, just kinda gloss?

All I know is it's a wank colour. They have an i8 Spyder in copper/bronze too, definitely doesn't suit that car

Yeah but this is a jaguar dealership not bmw lol

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

I really want to know what headlights and front bumper this is, they look amazing together.

b6a6f3d7-6364-4b3e-a11e-229698013240_zps6aa8054d.jpg.0ca9fdb0529896d0b4a87e32fd985038.jpg

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

21 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

I really want to know what headlights and front bumper this is, they look amazing together.

-snip-

the bumper idk, but the headlights if you look carefully just have a plastic cover at the top painted the body color and they are smoked.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Fun fact, I’ve put almost exactly 25,000 miles in the Accord in the last 14 months since I’ve been logging mpg with Fuelly. That plus the couple thousand I put on the Tacoma before I sold it, and the couple thousand I’ve put in the Tundra means I’m still driving as much as ever.

god damn i average like 20 miles a day, or based on that estimate, like 7k a year. should help with insurance, but also damn i wish i got out more.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

god damn i average like 20 miles a day, or based on that estimate, like 7k a year. should help with insurance, but also damn i wish i got out more.

yeah, well work is 25 miles each way (used to be 50), and school is about 35. that plus other miscellaneous trips means it adds up.

it also means I've spent over $3000 on fuel alone in the last 14 months too. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Damn, I've had my car for just over 8 months now and I've only put 2,000 miles (3200km) on it.