Ryzen 5 2400G & Ryzen 3 2200G APU (with Vega GPUs) review kits are being sent out

Master Disaster
4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

So it's a product that would make very little sense I know but is there a possibility of a Threadripper APU?

So 2 2400Gs glued together, maybe even with XFire on the GPUs?

Yeah it's dumb as all hell but theoretically could it be done?

It's drivers, actually, more than physical issues. No one has ever really spent the time getting "opaque" mGPU drivers working. That has a lot to do with, basically, needing a layer between the mGPUs to operate, which pretty much means you're doing a lot of cross-talk bandwidth and latency. Need actual SLI to return, haha.

Can we start acting maturely and stop comparing products to the size of a banana? Thank you xD.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

So it's a product that would make very little sense I know but is there a possibility of a Threadripper APU?

So 2 2400Gs glued together, maybe even with XFire on the GPUs?

Yeah it's dumb as all hell but theoretically could it be done?

I suspect there's a bigger chance of an EPYC APU of some kind for some sort of HPC workload. I think TR is mainly just massive amount of cores for users who'll use discrete graphics anyway. I'm not even sure the EPYC APU would make much sense since a discrete card would ultimately be able to achieve much higher performance. Even if it had HBM2 onboard (as previous leaked slides hinted at), an EPYC CPU paired with something like MI25 (Vega for enterprise) would still make a lot more sense I think. Some of the guys who work in the business might be able to say more about whether a HPC APU makes any sense. I know we have some on the forum.

5 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Yeah, the unboxing I've seen were just that. They said they already begun testing it but won't even say if it's good (even though that'd be in AMD's favor to do so). So Linus might say he has it on the bench and even show the box but he won't be able to talk about benchmarks at all.

You really think they could fit 8 croes and 20 CUs without significantly increasing die size even on 7nm?

Yes. 7nm is about 1.5 Node Shrink. ~56% area decrease at the same transistor count. Which would be enough to fit a Zepplin die vertically and most of a RX580 die right next to it.

However, I expect the Zen2 Core to increase in size, relative to the shrink for further AVX & other units, and we don't know how well Vega will shrink. That's why 8c & 20 CUs sounds about as big as I think they could do at a solid size. Current RX560 with 16 CUs is ~123 mm2. Node shrink to 7nm should get that under 60 mm2, but whatever "Vega on 7nm" looks like will dictate how much of an actual shrink it is.

Which is why I could see AMD approving a small mobile, big mobile or both designs for 7nm. It depends how far much of a shrink they can achieve with each part and what they think will happen in the market. I could see AMD doing another 4c w/ ~13 CU design for Zen2 APUs to fill in behind them just like they've done for Zen1 generation. They could come in with a ~140 mm2 that's 4c and something silly like a 10w Thermal Design.

InB4 @LinusTech compares it to an incomparable (and overpriced) intel chip and then recommends you buy the intel part.

Really though, these will be awesome for people who want a budget gaming build - the specs people are listing out really put this thing as a one-stop-shop for games that arent hyper-demanding and even have the makings of a great basic workplace CPU (APU)

Post sponsored by Intel

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Well seeing how now even the 1050 might get affected (Probably not due to mining but so many people buying the one and only option) it would be just about the best time for AMD to take such venture.

Their prices have been fucked for a few weeks now, it's sad. 

8 hours ago, Agost said:

DDR4-2933 as an official ram clock? Is it legit?

I think it resists up to 3600mhz

08.jpg

18 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I want a 2400G

I am absolutely going to build myself a work machine with a 2400G. itll be a HUGE upgrade from my i7-4790 + Intel HD Graphics 4600

ESXi SysAdmin

59 minutes ago, Mangerinne said:

I think it resists up to 3600mhz

08.jpg

Ok, that's GTX 650ti territory. And I have found that my GTX 650ti plays pretty much any game at the correct settings (it does have 2GB GDDR5 6GHz to help it though).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

9 hours ago, Noyu said:

MY BAD UPON MORE GOOGLE-FU YOU WERE RIGHT!!

Zen (14nm) = Ryzen 1 and the Ryzen APUs  (2200G and 2400G)

Zen+ (12nm) = Ryzen 2

Zen 2 (7nm)

While talking to an AMD rep (someone who I can't remember the name or channel of), asked about the architecture of the APUs considering it was using the 2XXX naming scheme; he said that the architecture was the same. This means the only difference between the APUs and Ryzen 2XXX is the process node.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

5 hours ago, wcreek said:

So like I wonder if a 460 or 550/560 would be able to run in that sort of mode.

Not crossfire per se as RX 460/550/560 are Polaris and not Vega, but in games that support Explicit Multi-Adapter like AOTS

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

50 minutes ago, Sunshine1868 said:

I am absolutely going to build myself a work machine with a 2400G. itll be a HUGE upgrade from my i7-4790 + Intel HD Graphics 4600

You could just add a discrete GPU you know... Unless you're trying to build a super SFF pc, you're not actually going to see that big of a difference, as a lot of the Ryzen lineup is compared to the Haswell lineup (also jsut saw it's a non K CPU.... might be a decent upgrade but dont expect huge improvements)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

It's no wonder you guys a messed up over there, not only are you clinging to the outdated imperial system but you are now trying to introduce fruit as a metric?

How big is the New APU:

Australia - 70mm across

US - half a furlong and a banana.  So just under a one 10th of a link or part of an orange.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

42 minutes ago, mr moose said:

It's no wonder you guys a messed up over there, not only are you clinging to the outdated imperial system but you are now trying to introduce fruit as a metric?

How big is the New APU:

Australia - 70mm across

US - half a furlong and a banana.  So just under a one 10th of a link or part of an orange.

The picture looks like it was taken by BitWit aka Kyle,the banana for scale is a meme.

But of course someone has to rant about those "messed up" americans and their imperial system that actually use both and more of metric when using any tools.

If you performance is on par with it's non Apu counterpart I'd definitely be interested in building an itx system with this. Just wish they came with the wraith spire rgb cooler

3 minutes ago, RotoCoreOne said:

If you performance is on par with it's non Apu counterpart I'd definitely be interested in building an itx system with this. Just wish they came with the wraith spire rgb cooler

perf should be better and also cheaper than non apu versions, as its zen+ on 14nm with higher clocks than the non apus

1 hour ago, Blademaster91 said:

But of course someone has to rant about those "messed up" americans and their imperial system that actually use both and more of metric when using any tools.

If I was American I wouldn't get to defensive about it. You might actually invite real criticism rather than just tongue in cheek humor.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Ok, that's GTX 650ti territory. And I have found that my GTX 650ti plays pretty much any game at the correct settings (it does have 2GB GDDR5 6GHz to help it though).

I would really like to see a gameplay of the Ryzen 5 2400G with a ram of this speed: 3600mhz-3200mhz to compare the performance and the difference of FPS.

Edited by Mangerinne

2 minutes ago, Mangerinne said:

I would really like to see a gameplay of the Ryzen 5 2400G with a ram of this speed: 3600mhz-3200mhz to compare the performance and the difference of FPS.

WHY IS YOUR TEXT SO BIG DO YOU LIKE TO SHOUT A LOT? ALSO I CAN'T DELETE THE BLANK QUOTE THANKS LTT

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

You could just add a discrete GPU you know... Unless you're trying to build a super SFF pc, you're not actually going to see that big of a difference, as a lot of the Ryzen lineup is compared to the Haswell lineup (also jsut saw it's a non K CPU.... might be a decent upgrade but dont expect huge improvements)

Work Machine does not equal "budget gaming rig" - I'd do it for the NVMe boot drive that I could put in it as well as the 16GB of fast RAM. Neither this future machine i'm talking about nor the Dell OptiPlex that currently sits under my desk will ever have a game on them.

...but I forgot this is the LTT forum and all we care about are frame rates and K-SKUs

ESXi SysAdmin

8 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

WHY IS YOUR TEXT SO BIG DO YOU LIKE TO SHOUT A LOT? ALSO I CAN'T DELETE THE BLANK QUOTE THANKS LTT

Idk, i copy the text from google traslate maybe was that`s it

7 hours ago, cj09beira said:

@Taf the Ghost so you think they will stick with 4c ccxs?

For Zen2, almost assuredly. Zen3 might see a change there, but the impression I get is that the CCX is more tightly designed together than people realize. The funny thing about the CCXs is that it's actually an evolution of the Bulldozer design. How? The current Zeppelin die (ryzen, TR & epyc) is actually a 2 core design. The CCXs should be thought of as a single core, from an overall design perspective. The Dozer Disaster happened because the CMT had some nasty interior-to-the-CMT bottlenecks. Removing those is what bumped Zen up by 52% in IPC.

From that perspective, it's better to keep the CCX as tightly wound together as possible and get the IF bridge latency faster each generation. As Nodes get smaller, they can add more CCXs, since the Zen Design is really more like a boosted 8-way SMT per CCX. x86 just can't be that Wide, so the IBM approach isn't needed. This is also why putting more CCX on a die is actually the better approach for now. We'll see what happens when they get to 4 CCX on a die. The server parts of Zen scale by the Binary sequence, which is the reason it's 4 dies on Epyc and you can only currently associate 2 Epycs together, as there is connections to each of the Zen packages. But those packages can fit more CCXs, but can they go more than 4? No clue.

This might be the chip that saves gamers from the miners. It's reliance on system memory should make it a poor performer in mining whilst still having very decent performance for an iGPU.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |