Do you ever look at your old posts and think "gosh, i was an idiot!"

KyberKylo77

That's usually how I feel when I wake up in the morning, thinking of yesterday's decisions.

Daily Driver:

CPU - Dual X5670 | GPU - GTX 750 Ti | CASE - HP DL380 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 8 x 146GB 15K RPM HDD

Work Horse:

CPU - Quad E7-4870 | GPU - Quad Tesla M2090 | CASE - HPDL580 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 EVO SSD

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

I would never do something like that.  If I need reminding of how I may have made a stupid decision or something like that, I just ask my wife.  But most of the time I don't have to ask, she will tell me anyway.

Never do something like what exactly?

I'm pretty sure I've said many times in the past "All RAM is RAM. Always compatible as long as it's the same DDR version as the motherboard."

was an idiot. Probably still am, just slightly less.

Just now, KyberKylo77 said:

Never do something like what exactly?

Go back and look at old posts.  Sort of like going back to the old coffee pot and getting a fresh cup of java when I know for a fact the coffee in the pot is three days old because I made it.

Original posters heading:

Do you ever look at your old posts and think "gosh, i was an idiot!

only when my mind departs when I'm trying to make a good point, or I try to spell something and botch it because my brain decides a substitute is needed mid word and I don't notice. Most of what I post here is either very good info or I'm being snarky, maybe still helpful. Sometimes I'm actually wrong and well to err is human, I just learn from those moments

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Everyone learns or changes their mind over time.

Look back on past mistakes as a learning experience :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

27 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Go back and look at old posts.  Sort of like going back to the old coffee pot and getting a fresh cup of java when I know for a fact the coffee in the pot is three days old because I made it.

Original posters heading:

Do you ever look at your old posts and think "gosh, i was an idiot!

Ok now your just making me look like an idiot :(

59 minutes ago, KyberKylo77 said:

Ok now your just making me look like an idiot :(

It's nice to know that I'm not alone all the time like I thought I was.

1 hour ago, KyberKylo77 said:

I do, all the time...

After i recovered my old account.

Yes.

The problem is that I don't speak natively English so I often make mistakes. It really annoys me. I often reread and check if I made an obvious mistake. I also rewrite whole sentences, because I can not build the sentence in English as my head thought. 

3 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Yes.

The problem is that I don't speak natively English so I often make mistakes. It really annoys me. I often reread and check if I made an obvious mistake. I also rewrite whole sentences, because I can not build the sentence in English as my head thought. 

I have the same problem even though english is my main language, the majority of people here aren't and their english is pretty rubbish so you don't learn from your surroundings as you would in native english speaking countries. Also schools teach absolutely terrible english and the teachers themselves suck at the language so its definitely reflected by the population's language skills. (Also passing english isn't mandatory here so makes things worse)

Oh, I found something. Take a look at this gem

image.png.693a231c86ef7f2c10e899c83fbea64b.png

That's just human nature. Hindsight bias is real. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

When I feel like I need a good cringe I go into my old gmail account and look at horrible Youtube comments I made back from 2008-2012. Horrible cringy shit!

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

I'll just leave this here.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Nah, haven't been here long enough for that. But other places... My older posts are probably fine. It's the more recent ones that are stupid AF. No idea where my brain is at these days.

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

When it comes to smartness of my comments I feel like I am a rollercoaster ride of how smart/dumb they are. Like from day to day.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I don't look at my old posts, but I nevertheless remember the time I engaged the trolls, deviating from my ignore policy, and got carried away (so trolling was successful, I guess). I think those are the only posts I regret.

Chronic sleep deprivation does some strange things. My favorite is when you find you were part of a heated discussion, but not remembering what it was that was being discussed.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

All the time.

I look back at the comments I made when I was 10-12 and I went all "That was ME?!"

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, GamingMemeKing said:

I recently went to look at my old social media (Facebook) posts and i realised what a weird pussy i was.

Thanks, i forgot about facebook. Time to get my daily cringe fix and relive some of the nostalgic moments aswell?

I would love to but i just signed up like a weeks ago.

There's no better facepalm moments than looking at your old post.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore