Dead People Mysteriously Support The FCC's Attack On Net Neutrality

crua9

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20171030/11255938512/dead-people-mysteriously-support-fccs-attack-net-neutrality.shtml

The article basically gets into how some "groups" are using bots to actually tell the FCC they support getting rid of net neutrality. (obviously the network companies that are fighting it to start with)

The bot is using a database of real people's names. Some reporter tracked down some of the people that were listed, and some of the people that were alive said they didn't even know what net neutrality is or anything about this. Many of the names on the list are and have been dead. 

Sadly, the FCC has no interest in investigating this and is even telling people nothing can be done.

I figured this will fit on the WAN show.

this my not be a repost but it was brought up months ago on a level 1 tech episode. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 hour ago, GDRRiley said:

this my not be a repost but it was brought up months ago on a level 1 tech episode. 

Honestly, I heard of a ton of dead people voting or giving their opinion about something so many times. I honestly can't remember if they covered this or not.

In any case, I think it says a lot about who is paid off. And I think it shows the length some of these companies will go to get an extra $.

Like it doesn't take a genius to figure out the chances of someone like Comcast making the bot is stupid high. (What could possibly confirm it is if you were able to get a log of who went to the site and matched it with timestamps.)

51 minutes ago, crua9 said:

Honestly, I heard of a ton of dead people voting or giving their opinion about something so many times. I honestly can't remember if they covered this or not.

In any case, I think it says a lot about who is paid off. And I think it shows the length some of these companies will go to get an extra $.

Like it doesn't take a genius to figure out the chances of someone like Comcast making the bot is stupid high. (What could possibly confirm it is if you were able to get a log of who went to the site and matched it with timestamps.)

I think that ISPs are smart enough to pay off other people to do this dirty work for them so if it is investigated it would be harder to implicate any particular ISP in this issue. You have to remember that net neutrality is now a politicized issue, so it is possible (although I think this is unlikely) that someone not with no connections to big ISPs is actually doing this to make it artificially seem like no one wants net neutrality. I believe that big ISPs are somehow behind this, but could it be proven in court? Probably not. Who knows, maybe Comcast and the like are dumb enough to use their own direct resources to fund antinet-neutrality campaigns.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

3 hours ago, crua9 said:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20171030/11255938512/dead-people-mysteriously-support-fccs-attack-net-neutrality.shtml

The article basically gets into how some "groups" are using bots to actually tell the FCC they support getting rid of net neutrality. (obviously the network companies that are fighting it to start with)

The bot is using a database of real people's names. Some reporter tracked down some of the people that were listed, and some of the people that were alive said they didn't even know what net neutrality is or anything about this. Many of the names on the list are and have been dead. 

Sadly, the FCC has no interest in investigating this and is even telling people nothing can be done.

Reminds me when dead people voted for George W Bush. LOL. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, crua9 said:

Many of the names on the list are and have been dead.

Have been dead?? I'm sure American healthcare is better than some other countries, but bringing people back to life? I think someone needs to check their tenses ;)

These companies are paying millions to spoof voters and the middle man cannot even check if the voters are dead. Great way not to arouse attention.

4 hours ago, crua9 said:

Many of the names on the list are and have been dead. 

I think you mean "Are dead" - not have been dead, I know it's only just been Halloween, but we don't got zombies dude! :D

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Two things, OP.

1. Doesn't meet the TNaR posting guidelines.

2. Just because it's in TNaR doesn't necessarily mean it'll get into the WAN Show. It might, but there's no guarantee.

OT: This doesn't surprise me, really. Sleaziness is rife in things like this.

39 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

Have been dead?? I'm sure American healthcare is better than some other countries, but bringing people back to life? I think someone needs to check their tenses ;)

These companies are paying millions to spoof voters and the middle man cannot even check if the voters are dead. Great way not to arouse attention.

Dammit, just realised I was too late and got jinxed :D

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Not at all surprising considering how much fucking data these companies collect on people.

This should be considered a serious fucking crime, and come with life-time imprisonment for whoever made the decision to do this. No exceptions, no parole, nothing. Just life in prison as a warning to all the rest.

No mercy.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

At least it ain't crab people.

Look like crab.

Oppose Net Neutrality like people.

micro Kappa.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

" Doesn't matter as long as you have the popular votes at the end of the day by any means necessary "

- Politician  Activist . 

Details separate people.

7 hours ago, ATFink said:

I believe that big ISPs are somehow behind this, but could it be proven in court? Probably not. 

Because how in the pocket everyone is in DC with the ISP. I doubt it would be looked into. Like even a ton of Obama's secret service use to work for or has major connection to Comcast when he was in office. 

One question I have when looking at these people/companies like Clinton, Comcast, and so on. What is the end game, and when is enough money/power enough? It seems like if you ask any of them, their answer will be more. And the funny thing is I think most would overlook the things they done if they quit trying to take more from the people.

You seriously know your country is fucked up when this happens and the government does nothing about it.  That's what we call a dictatorship.  Is the US is as bad as china?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

12 hours ago, crua9 said:

Linus generally stays away from political topics on WAN Show. Occasionally he will cover them but not often.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

30 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Linus generally stays away from political topics on WAN Show. Occasionally he will cover them but not often.

Yep, if you want to see this covered go watch level1tech.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.