Valve introduces "The Steam Awards"

Arcanekitten

With the autumn steam sale going live valve also launches Steam awards where you can pick a game to be nominated for an award.

The awards can be giving from the 23th to 29th of november (and I assume the results will be shown then.)

There is also a change to get a badge for participation and earns you some steam xp (100 total) there are 4 task you need to complete to get the highest badge

- Play a game you nominated.

- Write or edit a review about one of your nominated games.

- Nominate one game.

- Nominate a game for every category.

http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

Current awards :

"Test of time" 

The game you keep playing throughout the years or keep coming back to even with newer games coming out.

"I'm not crying, There's something in my eye"

The game that hit you the most emotionally.

"Just 5 more minutes" 

The game you keep playing through the night, even though you have to work the next day.

"WHOAAAAA DUDE"

The game that BLOWS YOUR MIND.

"Villain most in need of a hug"

Well the description reads : "Some people just need a hug" go figure.

"Game within a Game"

Game with fun easter eggs / hidden mini games.

"I Thought This game Was cool before it won an award"

Indie title basically or to quote "A game that doesn't have a huge marketing machine behind it."

"Best use of a farm Animal"

Exactly what the title says: Game with best use of animals.

"We didn't think of everything"

Choose your own category which will be picked by a selected committee.

Source : http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

7 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

"Just 5 more minutes" 

The game you keep playing through the night, even though you have to work the next day.

Would it make any sense to nominate older games? I've never played far cry 4 but have far cry 3, should I nominate far cry 4 for the 5 more minutes award?

Don't talk about stale memes.

To The Moon for "I'm not crying, There's something in my eye" 

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

"Russian Language simulator" CS GO

On 23/11/2016 at 7:50 PM, Mr.Meerkat said:

Valve, not steam technicallly 

Wow i'm dumb, the fact i've said in the title steam and explanation valve should say enough :P 

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

30 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

"Russian Language simulator" CS GO

"Russian Language Crash Course" sounds better

CPU: i5-4690 | CoolerCRYORIG H7 |GPU: PowerColor TurboDuo R9 280X OC RAM: G.skill RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9Motherboard: ASUS B85M-E | SSD: ADATA XPG SX900 128GB |HDD: Western Digital Caviar BLUE 1TBCase: Cooler Master K281PSU: SeaSonic ECO 600W | Monitor: Samsung S24D390HL 24 Inch PLS

Ok

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

5 hours ago, Arcanekitten said:

"Villian most in need of a hug"

Well the description reads : "Some people just need a hug" soo yeah.

I voted Alien: Isolation.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

13 minutes ago, Magnetorheological said:

Where's the "most self-destructive developer on Steam" award?

Valve? EA? Ubisoft?

CS:GO should win the 'Best Use Of A Farm Animal' award...

Those chickens deserve some recognition goddammit!

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

:(. I'm at school and they blacklisted Steam's Servers.....

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

13 minutes ago, Spook Eyes ?? said:

Valve? EA? Ubisoft?

Since it's Steam, I was thinking more Digital Homicide haha

There, nominated a few games. Voted Clannad for the "got something in my eye" award. Since that's pretty much the only "game" that actually made me cry and is on Steam. To The Moon was a close second.

As for the last nomination, I put in "Best Waste Of Your Time" and put in a clicker game. (Crush Crush):ph34r:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

There, nominated a few games. Voted Clannad for the "got something in my eye" award. Since that's pretty much the only "game" that actually made me cry and is on Steam. To The Moon was a close second.

As for the last nomination, I put in "Best Waste Of Your Time" and put in a clicker game. (Crush Crush):ph34r:

I'd put Gmod for best waste of time. I have 2500~ hours on it, a friend has 14500~ hours and another that I knew had 51000~ hours. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

7 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I'd put Gmod for best waste of time. I have 2500~ hours on it, a friend has 14500~ hours and another that I knew had 51000~ hours. 

how

9 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

That guy you "knew" has been playing Gmod constantly for 12 hours a day for the past 12 years? Because that's what 51k hours is. There's 8760 hours in a year... gmod first came out in December 2004, that's 12 years or 105120 hours in total, divided by two you get a bit more than 52k hours.

Sorry but I'm calling bullshit here... Or they are leaving the game open in the background while literally doing anything else.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro