Valve introduces "The Steam Awards"

Arcanekitten
25 minutes ago, Magnetorheological said:

Since it's Steam, I was thinking more Digital Homicide haha

*Digital Suicide

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

9 hours ago, Puddleuk said:

To The Moon for "I'm not crying, There's something in my eye" 

I did the same!

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Witcher 3 deserves all the titles, in fact I want Witcher 3 to win, best and most affordable AAA game.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

3 hours ago, TetraSky said:

That guy you "knew" has been playing Gmod constantly for 12 hours a day for the past 12 years? Because that's what 51k hours is. There's 8760 hours in a year... gmod first came out in December 2004, that's 12 years or 105120 hours in total, divided by two you get a bit more than 52k hours.

Sorry but I'm calling bullshit here... Or they are leaving the game open in the background while literally doing anything else.

It's bullshit, confirmed it on people with the highest hours.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

4 hours ago, Agost said:

AoE II wins the test of time hands down

I was wondering what to put for that one. AoE is definitely a great game. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

6 hours ago, Spook Eyes ?? said:

how

6 hours ago, TetraSky said:

That guy you "knew" has been playing Gmod constantly for 12 hours a day for the past 12 years? Because that's what 51k hours is. There's 8760 hours in a year... gmod first came out in December 2004, that's 12 years or 105120 hours in total, divided by two you get a bit more than 52k hours.

Sorry but I'm calling bullshit here... Or they are leaving the game open in the background while literally doing anything else.

Most likely leaving it on overnight. 14.5k makes sense, 51k really doesn't... but steam says he has it :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

7 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

I'd put Gmod for best waste of time. I have 2500~ hours on it, a friend has 14500~ hours and another that I knew had 51000~ hours. 

51000!!!??? That is playing a game for 6 years non-stop (24 hours everyday), the game has been out for 10 years so that means your friend has been playing around 15 hours everyday of garry's mod

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

The only game that has kept my interest and my desire to play it over and over for the last 5 years is Minecraft. Shame it isn't on Steam.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

1 hour ago, rattacko123 said:

51000!!!??? That is playing a game for 6 years non-stop (24 hours everyday), the game has been out for 10 years so that means your friend has been playing around 15 hours everyday of garry's mod

There are ways to tamper with the time counter. Some people do this to show off.

9 hours ago, Magnetorheological said:

Where's the "most self-destructive developer on Steam" award?

Sssh, don't encourage them...

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

So were giving the games an award, yet the users wont even get a f* gold star?

Groomlake Authority

If paradox games don't win the 5 more minutes award... I don't know what will. They are 100x more deep than any Civ game. 

*Glances at avatar* I wonder what game to vote for... "Villain Needs a Hug" "Mind Blown" and "Best Use of Minigame" for Undertale it is !

12 hours ago, huilun02 said:

CSGO will probably win everything. 

Not even kidding. 

This makes me sad, because I hate CS:GO for being the CoD of PC gaming, and it's completely undeserved popularity.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 hours ago, VanayadGaming said:

If paradox games don't win the 5 more minutes award... I don't know what will. They are 100x more deep than any Civ game. 

What does depth have to do with wanting to play 5 more minutes?

People like you are the reason Paradox games win 'cringiest fanbase' in front of Five Nights at Freddy's and Undertale. It's always a battle against Civ for you insecure fangirls.

Makes me almost ashamed that I love EU4.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

2 hours ago, VanayadGaming said:

"x100 more deep" would fit more to the "game withing a game" category. 
To be fair clicking games kinda fits nicely in to 5 more minutes one :D

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

If Bioshock Infinite doesn't get the "WHOAAAA DUDE" award, nothing will. And UT GOTY easily wins the "Test of Time" imo.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

18 hours ago, Arcanekitten said:

"WHOAAAAA DUDE"

The game that BLOWS YOUR MIND.

The Talos Principle. Nuff said.

i really don't know friends what you talking about can you please explain what is the event 

12 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

CS:GO should win the 'Best Use Of A Farm Animal' award...

Those chickens deserve some recognition goddammit!

Well Fable and the chickens would have to disagree. :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

:D

11bc592.png

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

And the worst port of 2016 award goes to... Dishonored 2!

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

17 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

:(. I'm at school and they blacklisted Steam's Servers.....

I know how it feels...no more talking about scrimming to my team at school without the use of a VPN ;-; (like they originally only blocked steam client servers but then they blocked steampowered/steamcommunity)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

18 hours ago, JoseGuya said:

Just five more turns... and I'm late to work.- Any Civilization game.

ikr voted for that

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Game within a Game

the Witcher 3 Gwent is just awesome. the Witcher 3 version is so much better than the standalone version.