Where can I buy blood?

spartaman64

The issue with blood is that it does not stay a liquid very long. I'd suggest just mixing your own ink.
Probably cheaper, easier, and less likely to put you on any kind of list :P

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Just now, ElfenSky said:

The issue with blood is that it does not stay a liquid very long. I'd suggest just mixing your own ink.

i have ink but i want to use blood for the artistic effect

5 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

I'd suspect that it may coagulate.

apparently i can use red wine vinegar to prevent it from clotting

or there are blood thinner injections

3 minutes ago, ElfenSky said:

Probably cheaper, easier, and less likely to put you on any kind of list :P

What... like Santa's naughty list?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

11 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Why buy when your body is conveniently full of blood!?

Because needles are scary?  ?

1000% nope!  ? lol

1 minute ago, RooR said:

I found this thread very disturbing

Why? Because it's blood? Or is it the methodology of it's acquisition?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Buy a whole fish from your supermarket seafood section. Guts the inside out yourself and you should get some blood. No idea how much, maybe not too much depending on size of fish? Now you gots blood and fish for dinner.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

12 hours ago, terrytek said:

i'm pretty sure you can just heat it back and it will become liquid again, although i don't think that's how it will work exactly.

Yeah that's definitely not how it works.

Someone who wrote with blood.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/77491-homo-sapiens-blood/

Conclusion: It's a bad ink. Doesn't flow well, is a pain to work with, and takes forever to dry.

If you really want to try it just cut your finger a bit. You'll get to try to write with it, figure out how terrible it is, and give up on it. Last time I accidentally poked myself with a needle (sewing...) I got a good drop of blood out of it.

Maybe the OP wants to make a deal with the devil under the conditions that the OP figures out how to sign his name in blood? Maybe the devil has hemophobia?

If you bought some cannulas, which are readily available online, then you would negate the need to actually store blood since you could conceivably rig a tube directly to the ink well of your pen or exude some on demand - it would essentially be 'on tap', forgive the pun xD Just ensure that you research how to deploy a cannula correctly (also readily available online) prior to attempting to do so as introducing an embolism would potentially prove fatal. Remember that you'd also require saline in order to flush the line.

What kind of person thinks "You know what? I want to try filling my pen with blood and writing with it"?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

4 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

What kind of person thinks "You know what? I want to try filling my pen with blood and writing with it"?

What kind of person is grossed out by a substance that makes up 7% of their body weight...?

Come on, you've never had a bloody finger and wiped it off on some paper to say hm, that looks interesting, wonder what I can do with it?

Ever heard of the term "blood, sweat, and tears?" All of my major projects (cars, computers, etc.) end up with a bit of blood on them somewhere. I mean, I generally wipe it off in the case of the computer, but still....

14 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

What kind of person is grossed out by a substance that makes up 7% of their body weight...?

Come on, you've never had a bloody finger and wiped it off on some paper to say hm, that looks interesting, wonder what I can do with it?

Ever heard of the term "blood, sweat, and tears?" All of my major projects (cars, computers, etc.) end up with a bit of blood on them somewhere. I mean, I generally wipe it off in the case of the computer, but still....

Where did I say I was grossed out by it? Not at all.

What I found slightly disconcerting was that the thought crossed the OP's mind in the first place.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

11 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

Get a girlfriend, she'll give you blood monthly.

...Hopefully.

2 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

Yeah, if I had a partner that asked me for period blood I'd be creeped out.

Well yeah that's creepy as fuck, but what I meant by hopefully is that having it is better than the alternative.

15 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

Preferably human blood but animal blood will do also. I got a fountain pen with a glass nib that allows you to write with other liquids and i think it will be interesting to try blood.

Try the American Red cross, they make like $2billion is profits every year from selling blood we donate to them.

Well, you depending on where you live you can buy fresh blood at the butcher. 

However, some places pure blood is categorized as biological waste and can therefor not be sold, since it's a biohazard. 

Blood is also easily contaminated, so it's an easy way to get sick. Believe me, I know. 

If you want your own blood a syringe is the easiest way. If you don't want to use a needle, I would recommend that you cut the end up your thumb. 

There's a lot of big blood vessels in your thumb and the pressure makes it hard for the blood to coagulate. 

But you should know that you can't really write anything in blood. Blood is really thick compared to ink and the paper won't be as receptive to blood as it is to ink.

Blood also tend to clot together when it coagulate, so it won't look nice once it's written. 

Your pen will also have a hard time passing the ink from the chamber and out of the tip.

You could always thin it with a weak acid, but at that poiht you might aswell use tomato juice. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

When Linus made this website, I dont think he had this in mind 

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

Go to a pharmacy and buy a few syringes and needles, they should sell you no questions asked unless your country has some stupid laws against drugs which stop pharmacies from selling needles (like addicts won't reuse needles and spread aids or hepatitis and other diseases)

Then just find a vein and take out blood, just don't be a moron and inject air into your veins or you'll die.