Where can I buy blood?

spartaman64

What's wrong with my cannula idea?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

3 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

What's wrong with my cannula idea?

i only have a general idea where to insert in. and my veins are difficult to find apparently 

3 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

i only have a general idea where to insert in. and my veins are difficult to find apparently 

There should be some on the top of your hand - these are what they will go for first in a hospital.  If you can't find it, or you mess that up, go for the one in the inner bend of your elbow - it's bigger and should be easy.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

There should be some on the top of your hand - these are what they will go for first in a hospital.  If you can't find it, or you mess that up, go for the one in the inner bend of your elbow - it's bigger and should be easy.

yes im thinking about the inner part of my elbow as that is where they put the needle when drawing blood for donation but the doctor took 5 tries of pulling the needle out and reinserting to find the vein making it quite painful and i would probably take like what 20 tries?

On 10/16/2016 at 9:57 PM, spartaman64 said:

Preferably human blood but animal blood will do also. I got a fountain pen with a glass nib that allows you to write with other liquids and i think it will be interesting to try blood.

Since your bio says your in the USA I'm going to assume your in the US. In the US, it is illegal to be carrying human blood for recreational purposes. Secondly, the pen is most likely not meant to be used with human blood since it is too "thin' even if the pen states it can. You'll have to be happy with animal blood. Also, eating your own (or others) flesh is also illegal in the US. Also, whats "cool" about writing in blood?!?!?

1 minute ago, rf9661 said:

Since your bio says your in the USA I'm going to assume your in the US. In the US, it is illegal to be carrying human blood for recreational purposes. Secondly, the pen is most likely not meant to be used with human blood since it is too "thin' even if the pen states it can. You'll have to be happy with animal blood. Also, eating your own (or others) flesh is also illegal in the US. Also, whats "cool" about writing in blood?!?!?

oops i have a weird habit of chewing on my fingers just the outer layers so im breaking a law? and its cool because its poetic that you are writing with what keeps you alive. you are writing with life. and the pen is meant to be used with pretty much any liquid and fountain pen ink is really thin as it is water based and this pen and any other fountain pens dont have any problem 

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

yes im thinking about the inner part of my elbow as that is where they put the needle when drawing blood for donation but the doctor took 5 tries of pulling the needle out and reinserting to find the vein making it quite painful and i would probably take like what 20 tries?

There's also a massive one in your leg somewhere but I'm not entirely sure where, and that could be dangerous if it starts bleeding too much...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 10/17/2016 at 9:57 AM, spartaman64 said:

Preferably human blood but animal blood will do also. I got a fountain pen with a glass nib that allows you to write with other liquids and i think it will be interesting to try blood.

I can give you a supply of human blood every month and I know where to get it but it's gonna cost you.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

16 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

There's also a massive one in your leg somewhere but I'm not entirely sure where, and that could be dangerous if it starts bleeding too much...

I'd suggest not trying to use that one.  I forget the name but using that one could be very dangerous and I'd prefer OP not risk dying.  Just thinking about this makes me light headed... 

16 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

oops i have a weird habit of chewing on my fingers just the outer layers so im breaking a law? and its cool because its poetic that you are writing with what keeps you alive. you are writing with life. and the pen is meant to be used with pretty much any liquid and fountain pen ink is really thin as it is water based and this pen and any other fountain pens dont have any problem 

It could also be writing with something that could kill people. Blood is biohazardous waste. Just settle for red ink.

16 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I hope you aren't referring to the Femoral Artery as messing with that one without medical knowledge is almost certain to have severe consequences.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

39 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'd suggest not trying to use that one.  I forget the name but using that one could be very dangerous and I'd prefer OP not risk dying.  Just thinking about this makes me light headed... 

29 minutes ago, Centurius said:

I hope you aren't referring to the Femoral Artery as messing with that one without medical knowledge is almost certain to have severe consequences.

Hence why I added the warning about it probably being dangerous :P

Isn't blood full of stuff that changes its viscosity after a while? I doubt that it would be convenient to use blood.

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Hence why I added the warning about it probably being dangerous :P

definitely dangerous*  FTFY.  ? lol

(Sorry.  Had to do it. ?)

On 10/21/2016 at 1:34 PM, Lolucoca said:

Isn't blood full of stuff that changes its viscosity after a while? I doubt that it would be convenient to use blood.

there are blood thinners and yes what you are thinking of are called platelets i think

make sure it doesnt clog, make sure to clean it :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

• 2 months later...

Can we get an update on this? I just read the entire thread, I hope my boss doesn't check my browser history xD

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

Blood for the Blood God...

Skulls for the Skull throne...

Let the Galaxy burn!!

Groomlake Authority

5 hours ago, myselfolli said:

Can we get an update on this? I just read the entire thread, I hope my boss doesn't check my browser history xD

ok update i went to the blood donation center to ask if they can let me keep some of my blood if i donate some. they instead offered to give me some bags of expired blood if i donate and its not actually "blood" though its red blood cells in a saline solution but it looks like blood so thats fine with me

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

ok update i went to the blood donation center to ask if they can let me keep some of my blood if i donate some. they instead offered to give me some bags of expired blood if i donate and its not actually "blood" though its red blood cells in a saline solution but it looks like blood so thats fine with me

Interesting.  I don't know why but that feels wrong and dangerous to me... I'm very surprised they would do that.

On 10/17/2016 at 10:27 AM, Nuluvius said:

If you bought some cannulas, which are readily available online, then you would negate the need to actually store blood since you could conceivably rig a tube directly to the ink well of your pen or exude some on demand - it would essentially be 'on tap', forgive the pun xD Just ensure that you research how to deploy a cannula correctly (also readily available online) prior to attempting to do so as introducing an embolism would potentially prove fatal. Remember that you'd also require saline in order to flush the line.

You know what, I really thought "how to open PSU" would be the most dangerous thing someone would ask on LTT. I stand corrected.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

14 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

Nice. How'd writing go with it?

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

13 hours ago, myselfolli said:

Nice. How'd writing go with it?

its ok but not great. you need good paper for it not to bleed through. ha see what i did