Where can I buy blood?

spartaman64

As an ex-med student and current chemistry student I can tell you that unless you add an anticoagulating agent to the blood, it will most likely dry up before you have a chance to write with it. If not, then it will dry inside your pen and possibly render it unusable.

The easiest anticoagulating agent I can think of would be aspirin, however I am not sure if it would work for pure blood, the only thing I know is that it makes your blood more liquid (which is the reason why it is given to heart attack patients). And yeah, buying human blood is most likely illegal, so the only solution would be using your own.

I highly suggest that you be very careful if you decide to draw your own blood, any contaminant on your needles might have a very dramatic effect on your health. If possible try to find someone you know with a bit of medical knowledge that could draw the blood for you.

Buy some rat poison ... they have anticoagulants in them : http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/toxicology/rodenticide_poisoning/anticoagulant_rodenticides_warfarin_and_congeners.html

As for human blood, under some conditions you can buy blood but i guess it varies from country to country. BTW, if you're too afraid to use needles on yourself, you could still buy some live chicken and kill them in your kitchen ... you have your blood and you can also make yourself a nice chicken soup.

7 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Just find a homeless person and offer them like $50 for some.

that doesnt solve the problem of figuring out how to draw the blood out. i dont have a medical degree so I dont know where to put the needle. if i did i can just do it myself

5 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Because needles are scary?  ?

1000% nope!  ? lol

im not scared of needles but i am scared that i might jab the needle in the wrong place, get an infection and die or something

4 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

It's probably a lot less concerning to get red wine. Or using food coloring on some sort of water.

tried red wine. it didnt show up really well and doesnt look that red when you write with it. food coloring with water if i put a lot will probably show up but it doesnt have the "cool" factor i guess as blood. might as well use regular ink

4 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Buy a whole fish from your supermarket seafood section. Guts the inside out yourself and you should get some blood. No idea how much, maybe not too much depending on size of fish? Now you gots blood and fish for dinner.

i prefer mammal blood

4 hours ago, corrado33 said:

Someone who wrote with blood.

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/77491-homo-sapiens-blood/

Conclusion: It's a bad ink. Doesn't flow well, is a pain to work with, and takes forever to dry.

If you really want to try it just cut your finger a bit. You'll get to try to write with it, figure out how terrible it is, and give up on it. Last time I accidentally poked myself with a needle (sewing...) I got a good drop of blood out of it.

Maybe the OP wants to make a deal with the devil under the conditions that the OP figures out how to sign his name in blood? Maybe the devil has hemophobia?

ill figure out how to prevent it from clotting and i can wait for it to dry

2 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

What kind of person thinks "You know what? I want to try filling my pen with blood and writing with it"?

person like me i guess

2 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

I really didn't want to reply to this thread, but>

Get a girlfriend, she'll give you blood monthly.

i dont know how to effectively collect that

1 hour ago, Nashiwa said:

As an ex-med student and current chemistry student I can tell you that unless you add an anticoagulating agent to the blood, it will most likely dry up before you have a chance to write with it. If not, then it will dry inside your pen and possibly render it unusable.

The easiest anticoagulating agent I can think of would be aspirin, however I am not sure if it would work for pure blood, the only thing I know is that it makes your blood more liquid (which is the reason why it is given to heart attack patients). And yeah, buying human blood is most likely illegal, so the only solution would be using your own.

I highly suggest that you be very careful if you decide to draw your own blood, any contaminant on your needles might have a very dramatic effect on your health. If possible try to find someone you know with a bit of medical knowledge that could draw the blood for you.

i heard red wine vinegar works well. and i went to donate blood before and apparently my veins are really hard to find and it took a doctor 5 tries to find it so I dont have high hopes for my luck in finding it

38 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

im not scared of needles but i am scared that i might jab the needle in the wrong place, get an infection and die or something

As long as the needle and you/your hands are properly sterilized it should be safe enough.  But using a syringe without any training might be iffy...

Whatever you end up doing please take precautions and be careful/safe.  Wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you.  ?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

As long as the needle and you/your hands are properly sterilized it should be safe enough.  But using a syringe without any training might be iffy...

Whatever you end up doing please take precautions and be careful/safe.  Wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you.  ?

yes and as i mentioned before a professional doctor had trouble finding my vein because apparently my veins are hard to find so i dont have much confidence in myself

12 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

yes and as i mentioned before a professional doctor had trouble finding my vein because apparently my veins are hard to find so i dont have much confidence in myself

Would it be possible to go to a doctor or maybe something like a walk in Walgreens clinic and have then do it?

23 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

Just get pork blood from the asian supermarket or ask them for some.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

4 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Would it be possible to go to a doctor or maybe something like a walk in Walgreens clinic and have then do it?

maybe ill try it

4 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Just get pork blood from the asian supermarket or ask them for some.

i dont think those are usable as ink

3 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

Diva cup's(or similar) mate, or have her sit on a bucket for a week(XD).

i would prefer a cleaner method

Clean knife + your finger, is all you need. Make a nice, small cut on your finger, force the blood out by putting pressure on your finger (not on the wound itself). Should give you just enough blood to write with it for a little bit.

If you go the needle route, essentially do everything a doctor/nurse does during a blood drive.

Be it using a "Blood Pressure cuff" to make your blood vessel easier to find, disinfecting/rubbing the skin for 30 seconds with 99% alcohol, use a clean, unused and sterile syringe(one that is still in its packaging), use sterile medical grade gloves... If you never donated blood before, then I guess you can stick the needle right in your arm and hope for the best~

But you will still need to deal with the blood coagulating itself relatively quickly and I doubt simply adding other products like rat poison to the blood after the fact will give good results. (wear glove and preferably a mask, in a well ventilated area, if you plan to crush the rat poison into a fine powder)

Seriously, give up on this idea, blood is just not suited for this task.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

You can't buy human blood well not legally. Your best option would be to either go with animal blood or fake but if your truly want human the easiest way to get would be to use your own far safer than finding someone else you'll also need something to keep the blood from coagulating in what ever your going to store it.

Grab a chef's knife and slit open your wrist. Not your entire forearm because then you'll die. Make sure the wound is relatively small and does not cause very severe bleeding.

1 minute ago, Harambe Did Not Die A Hero said:

Grab a chef's knife and slit open your wrist. Not your entire forearm because then you'll die. Make sure the wound is relatively small and does not cause very severe bleeding.

not going to get enough 

Just now, Harambe Did Not Die A Hero said:

You've got 2 wrists.

probably not going to get enough from 2 wrists

Just now, Harambe Did Not Die A Hero said:

You've got your brother's wrists as well.

i dont have a brother

13 hours ago, Harambe Did Not Die A Hero said:

You've got a random person's wrists.

So you're suggesting that OP slit his wrists and those of another person?  >_>

You didn't think that through before saying it did you? ?

On 18/10/2016 at 4:33 AM, RAM555789 said:

Try the American Red cross, they make like $2billion is profits every year from selling blood we donate to them.

Which is promptly put into providing aid to the people they exsist to help, they're funding doesn't come out of thin air :)

I doubt it's legal to have pouches of human blood in your fridge.