What was your first computer?

xserd

In 1997 my HP pavilian was right at $2,998.99, with taxes, if I can remeber corectly it was somewere in the ball park of $3,400.

daym.

In 1997 my HP pavilian was right at $2,998.99, with taxes, if I can remeber corectly it was somewere in the ball park of $3,400.

We had a Compaq that was $3,400 :o That thing was baller. It really was.

We had a Compaq that was $3,400 :o That thing was baller. It really was.

Oh I know bro, i loved that machine, when i retired it, I kept it for a long time after that, tell I lost it in one of my moves :(.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Oh I know bro, i loved that machine, when i retired it, I kept it for a long time after that, tell I lost it in one of my moves :(.

Ours caught on fire because of lightning... :lol:

Ours caught on fire because of lightning... :lol:

LOL ouch, thats a good way to go out with a bang.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

LOL ouch, thats a good way to go out with a bang.

It was more hissing than anything xD I'm guessing a few caps blew up and that was the extent of the damage but I never found out.

my first was 540 it was good but now its shit

single core amd cpu with gt 450

some $500 prebuilt with components that were worth no more than $300. now i know at least to always build your own :/ too bad i had to learn it the hard way

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

i used the upgrade over time method (imo if done right can yield satisfying results) (i made it work by using amd's am2+ at first then am3 then am3+ the backwards compatibility allowed for using the old cpu while changing mobo and so on)

everything is in USD (no peripherals including monitors were included in price)

started with a $600 budget gaming build back in 2010

by the end i had spent $3400 and my main rig i would value at around $1600 finished it up in a few months ago when the cooler master HAF stacker 935 hit the shelves

but wait i spent $3400 to get a $1600 pc hows that satisfying you might ask?

well by the end of it all i had 2 pcs capable of 1080p at mid to high settings in even some of the latest games.

on top of that for my main i have yet to find a game i cant run at max at 1080p and have buttery smooth frame rates and a very playable 3x1080p eyefinity at mid to high details, oh and a workhorse when i need it

so now i have 2 extra pcs so i can keep the wife and kids off my main and when i want i can hold lan party's for friends and have systems ready to go if they don't feel like lugging theirs over or if we are trying to release the force choke grip of console ecosystems on our other friends we invite 

i say it was my first build even tho it includes three separate builds because every single part was recycled from my main rig to build the others even the cases this is why i didn't include peripherals even tho most of it was also recycled from the main rig they were all purchased recently mainly so i could have my eyfinity back

plus while not in use the other 2 do FoldingAtHome for me since i don't pay for electric and i cant stand my apartment manager\owner (my little way of getting back at her i guess lmao)(well that and the two BTC miners in the bedroom closet xD )

ps... i know its bad but take my word for it she is a horrible person even when it doesn't have to do with her job.

Oh boi . I had 17 inch non-wide LCD 1200-ish to 1000-ish screen. Crisp Pentium 4 and crisp at that time GT 8600, 2gb RAM WOAH (because more ram = faster pc). 5.1 set of Creative speakers. MY PARENTS payed top currency for this rig. Thanks to them i am who i am today : a proud gamer.

Bought my first PC yesterday, €1200.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

My First Build i Spend 700 $ On 2010 

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Around 1500€. Upgraded quite a bit tho since ^^

My next is probably gonna be out of this world like >4k €

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

If you can pump them out, 1800 bucks are perfectly rational on a good desktop. 3000 wouldn't be. The first two pcs I had were used and very old (first a pentium 3, then a p4), so I paid nothing for them. The first full blown desktop i got is the one I have now, which was worth about 1000 bucks when I got it (it didn't have an ssd and it had a gtx 550ti instead of the r9 290 back then) plus more or less 160 bucks for monitor, mouse and keyboard (altough I had those even before I got that pc).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'll let you know when I stop spending money on it lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

6000 euros. Q6600, integrated graphics. With keyboard,mouse and monitor

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

My first personal PC was around $1000, but the one I am building now will be right about $2200

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

my first and current PC i spent just under $1500. very happy with it

MotherBoard: Asus Z87 Gryphon CPU: i5 4670k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 DCUII RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 2x4GB

PSU: Corsair HX650v2 SemiModular Storage: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX Monitor: Samsung S24D590PL Keybord: Ducky Shine Zero Cherry  Red Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45

First ever computer was a DELL, a few years later I moved to an Alienware Aurora which cost just shy of 2,000 Euro! Ripped off for what I got, I upgraded the Aurora with newer parts, that cost me around 900 Euro, then I dumped that and built my own which cost me roughly 2,000 - 2,500 Euro which is my current computer. Specs are in my sig below. Building computers is the way to go, you save money and its just incredibly satisfying to do! I built my current rig about 5 months ago.

About £750ish, can't remember but my monitor was free

My first gaming pc was $700 USD and now its over $1400 and growing :D

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor