What was your first computer?

xserd

Hi guys! just wanna share. Mine was an Intel 486 with 4mb of ram, 100mb hdd, 5 1/4 floppy drive, I can't remember the graphics card and the power supply but it came with a mechanical keyboard that uses an AT connector and a serial mouse.

My very first computer that I actually owned was a hewlard packard compaq I believe, don't remember the specs or model but I played a lot of old games on that thing. My first laptop was also an HP.

Not as old school as you guys, but an AMD E-350 APU laptop. I still have it and it actually does pretty well for a 1.6ghz dual core. The Graphics are definitely stronger than the processor though. (HP 3105m)

Actually the first computer I have actually owned is the one I have now. :)

Corsair 600T Case

AMD Phenom BE Denab 3.2 ghz cpu

H100i Enclosed Water cooling

8 gigs Gskill Ripclaw x ddr3 1333mhz ram

AMD MSi R7950 3GDDR5 Twin Frozr III

Primary Monitor Asus 23inch 1920x1080 led

1 Corsair Force GT 120gig ssd

2x 500 Gig WD black drives

my first computer was a Gateway FX6860-30P. I loved that thing until it blue screen when I was doing a homework project.

it had a i7-2600, 16GB ram, GTX 560TI, acer motherboard................

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

To be completely honest I cannot remember what my first computer was. It was the family computer and I was too young to get into what the model was or anything, but because of that computer and the hours I spent wandering the OS and settings, I am now who I am today, a computer geek studying to become a computer engineer.

The second PC the family had was a Dell Dimension 2600 with a Pentium 4 and 1GB of RAM.

first computer ?!?! lets see....

cpu: pentium dual core e2200 @ 2.4ghz?

motherboard: intel something motherboard

RAM: 512 mb ddr2

hdd: 80gigs.....yesssssssssss!!

gpu: 7200gs (yippee!!)

generic psu

generic case

15" sync master

microsoft someting keboard and mouse

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

I was really young, but I started using computers at an early age.

There was an Intel 386 CPU, and it didnt even have windows.

Then i had a 486, a pentium, pentium 3, celeron D (of which the cpu is now a key chain), Core 2 Duo E8400 (still running as a server), and then this i7 2600k, and thats all for desktops =}

My dad brought home my first computer from his job at AT&T (later Lucent). They had upgraded, and just gave the old ones to employees who wanted them, I guess.

It was an i386, I believe 25MHz or something close. It came with 2MB of RAM, which were on ISA cards, and had around a 20MB HDD. No sound card. DOS and Windows 3.11. Had some games on it, Xargon was one.

Mine was some really old Macintosh I got from my uncle. It was pretty cool. My second was a Compaq PC with Win 95 on it and then I got Roller Coaster Tycoon for my birthday and spent hundreds of hours playing it.

I used to "rent" a few generation old Gateway laptop from my family, and for I little while I used my Grandma's old Opteron something or other, but I was to young to really know what kind of hardware either had... My current computer is the first thing I used for anything other than basic web surfing, and I've had it for about four years (I from the onboard graphics about 3 years ago and the onboard sound very recently).

AMD Phenom 2 6X 1055T (OCed to 3.3Ghz on stock cooling)

Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H

4 GB Ripjaws (1600Mhz)

Palit GTX 580 (OCed to 830Mhz)

Generic 1TB 7200 RPM HDD

HP DVD CD rom

RocketFish 900W (80+silver)

ASUS Xonar DS 7.1

Generic Rosewill case

I know it's pitiful storage (no SSD) and CPU wise.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

My first computer was a 486 Whit windows 95 and a 256 mb Hdd Than i upgraded to a 1.7 ghz celeron after that a pentum 4 640 and then a core 2 duo 6850 which i upgraded to a core 2 duo 8600 than i had an fx 8120 and i i have a 3570k

If you said family computer, we first got a Pentium 3, 128MB RAM, Matrox G400, 27GB HDD, if you said only mine, it was a C2D E8500, with a HD4770, 4GB's of DDR2 RAM, and a 1TB HDD.

MEH

• 2 months later...

I'll start, this is my first PC I ever owned and built in about 1996/97

• 200watt AT power supply generic, with 2 6 pin cables that made a 12 pin power cable and would power on without a motherboard,it came with the generic beige midi case,that had one 80mm exhaust fan (if you were lucky) and that was it lol £60. Worse looking thing ever, it looked like it lived in a house of smokers, from brand new lol
  • 2x 16mbs EDO 32mbs (you had to buy matching pairs in those days £60. 60 ns speeds. think it about 66mhz or less
  • Chaintech socket 7 mother board with onboard sound and 2d graphics. about £60 back then, mine was doa so i had to have it replaced
  • 2GB maxtor harddrive which cost my over £100 UDMA 33 no cache 5900rpm spinspeed. lots of trouble with bad sectors, had to replace it in the end. 7200RPM and above speeds was much higher cost and wasn't main stream, mainly kept for scsi. Started seeing higher spin speeds on UDMA66 plus the 80wire ide cable. UDMA 100 started to see 7200RPM as standard, but you were looking at 8gb, 16gb & 32gb models by the time we got to UDMA 100
  • Intel Pentium 200mhz socket 7 CPU £80 multiplyers was bassed on 33mhz or 66mhzs FSB, cooling likes like thing you see on your north bridge these days
  • 1 3DFX 4mb add on board cost me over £100 in the day and was looped to the 2D card via a small vga cable
  • 16x CDrom £50
  • 14 CRT monitor £150 max res was 800X600 any higher and it was garbled lol
  • Windows 95 £50 second hand copy

about £700 in all, including AT keyboard, mouse (no optical mouse back then) and speakers (which was cheap)

My first PC is older than me -_-.

No idea on specs haha.

No clue it was 20 years ago...

Perhaps the better question is what is the Specs of the First PC you ever built?

Mine would be:

Core 2 Quad 6600

EVGA 8800GTX

EVGA 780i Motherboard

4GB (2x2GB) of Cheapo Ram

500GB Maxtor Hard Drive

Windows XP

Antec 900

and like 10 10,000,000 RPM fans, because I was crazy back then. Higher dBA directly correlates to superior performance at LANs. Everybody knew that.

I have only built one PC and I built it 6 months ago, so it is nothing special. The first PC I used was some type of IBM. Not sure what model, all I remember is that my dad paid $2000 for it and you had to use floppy discs to start it up.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Perhaps the better question is what is the Specs of the First PC you ever built?

Mine would be:

Core 2 Quad 6600

EVGA 8800GTX

EVGA 780i Motherboard

4GB (2x2GB) of Cheapo Ram

500GB Maxtor Hard Drive

Windows XP

Antec 900

and like 10 10,000,000 RPM fans, because I was crazy back then. Higher dBA directly correlates to superior performance at LANs. Everybody knew that.

Didn't want system builders to be the only people to respond, as most people bought them built back then.

I have only built one PC and I built it 6 months ago, so it is nothing special. The first PC I used was some type of IBM. Not sure what model, all I remember is that my dad paid $2000 for it and you had to use floppy discs to start it up.
Cool, don't be ashamed of the specs. let people know :) your dad would of had a 386 or even a 486 back then.

The 386 was still using 5 1/4 inch floppies My mother had one, 36mb hard disk and a 5 1/4 inch hard disk IBM with a 4 colour graphic card & scsi board as long as my arm. You use to have to make some of your own 8 bit isa cards back then and BIOS came on a floppy disk (static electricity was a big problem back the, much easier to break something just by touching it) the 8 bits ISA slots where double the size of the 586 16bit ISA slots, would take up the entire length of the PC