Win7 and 8.1 to get cumulative updates – you no longer control your Win7 or 8.1 machine

jagdtigger
Just now, byalexandr said:

I would use it if there were more applications supported. Especially games.

Literally the only reason I use Windows over Linux at this point is because of the widespread usage and compatibility.

You know a product is less than good when our only excuse to use it is that there's nothing else.

xD but also :(

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Hello MS,

3d145bc646d5566d46b28f57ffc1e01b.png

Bye...

From,

Josh

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

You know, all Microsoft has to do, is create an off-switch for that on the Pro version of windows, which will satisfy most of us. I see the cumulative and mandatory updates as a good thing for the average computer user. 

I misunderstood what cumulative updates meant. Yeah, everything into a single package can be a pain. I suppose one way of doing things is just always wait for a month to see if there are any issues with the latest update. 

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

8 hours ago, Derangel said:

Eh. Linux is still pretty shit for games, which is one of the primary things I use Windows for.

Actually many new games come to linux too. For others you always can install windows in VM and make PCI/VGA passthrough. You will get 95-98% performance of your GPU in virtual machine. Trust me if i gave you 2 PCs one with native windows and other one with VM like i said above you WILL NOT guess which one is VM.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

its funny how mandtory updates that help protect your machine has people so enraged....lol

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Everyone who is concerned about this, please see the resources I've provided in my LTT blog, here: 

Windows 7 is a complete and stable OS, and doesn't need further functionality updates. If a person wants the continuing security updates for Windows 7, then install only those, and not the other update types MS releases. Or, simply don't download any further updates from MS (if you know what you're doing with your online habits).

Also, I advise people to make updated Windows 7 installation ISOs for their version of Windows (Professional 64, Ultimate 64, etc), updated to either June 2015 or July 2015, as August is when Microsoft started back-adding telemetry and data-collection to Windows 7. A guide on how to do this is available in one of my blog postings.

Also, I have a fully-updated June 2015 ISO of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 already available for download (you'll need your own Win 7 Ultimate license to install it), and the link is provided in one of the blog postings.

Microsoft is done. It has failed miserably to reach near its 1 billion installed-devices goal, and its new identity is not as an OS and office software company, but as an advertisement company that uses its software as platform to make money through collecting meta- data on people's activities, and selling it to interested parties.

Microsoft has fired so many thousands of its staff over the last 3 years that it no longer is capable of producing a competent OS, and Windows 10 is grossly inferior to both Windows 7 and 8 in too many ways. Windows 10 is unstable and unreliable, and each new major Win 10 update brings as many new bugs as it fixes. Windows 10 is probably the most buggy OS Microsoft has released since Windows 95. Windows 10 simply is not a professional OS. It's like an indie-dev's prototype that never solidifies into anything great, but just morphs from one bloated and troubled presentation to another.

Some people are caught up in a sentiment of Windows 10 being new and the future, and they just want to ride that fluffy feeling while shutting down their minds completely. Windows 10 has less useful functionality than Windows 7, is hella less stable than Windows 7, is less user-friendly than Windows 7, offers a PC admin less control than Windows 7, is more invasive than Windows 7, has in-OS ads which Windows 7 doesn't, and constantly resets customized file-associations to force people into using MS applications, which Windows 7 doesn't do. Also, Win 10 is littered with "bugs" that are intentional, to keep people using MS services - things like issues with changing default apps away from MS ones.

This is Windows 10:

Action Center messages.jpg

If a program starts doing that on a person's PC, it's called malware. And it's not different when Microsoft does it, through Windows.

Windows 10 is an invasive, user-fighting, buggy, early-beta demo-version of Windows, that is ad-supported, and is a constant chore and headache to keep set up, and to get it to do what a user wants it to.

On the other hand, Windows 7, up until June / July 2015, is the full version of Windows, which just works, obeys the user, and doesn't collect a user's data for resale to make MS money, and doesn't try to trick the user at every turn, or even at all.

Friends don't let friends use Windows 10.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

5 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Everyone who is concerned about this, please see the resources I've provided in my LTT blog, here: 

Windows 7 is a full an stable OS, and doesn't need further functionality updates. If a person wants the continuing security updates for Windows 7, then install only those, and not the other update types MS releases. Or, simply don't download any further updates from MS (if you know what you're doing with your online habits).

Also, I advise people to make updated Windows 7 installation ISOs for their version of Windows (Professional 64, Ultimate 64, etc), updated to either June 2015 or July 2015, as August is when Microsoft started back-adding telemetry and data-collection to Windows 7. A guide on how to do this is available in one of my blog postings.

Also, I have a fully-updated June 2015 ISO of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 already available for download (you'll need your own Win 7 Ultimate license to install it), and the link is provided in one of the blog postings.

Microsoft is done. It has failed miserably to reach near its 1 billion installed-devices goal, and its new identity is not as an OS and office software company, but as an advertisement company that uses its software as platform to make money through collecting meta- data on people's activities, and selling it to interested parties.

Microsoft has fired so many thousands of its staff over the last 3 years that it no longer is capable of producing a competent OS, and Windows 10 is grossly inferior to both Windows 7 and 8 in too many ways. Windows 10 is unstable and unreliable, and each new major Win 10 update brings as many new bugs as it fixes. Windows 10 is probably the most buggy OS Microsoft has released since Windows 95. Windows 10 simply is not a professional OS. It's like an indie-devs prototype that never solidifies into anything great, but just morphs from one bloated and troubled presentation to another.

Some people are caught up in a sentiment of Windows 10 being new and the future, and they just want to ride that fluffy feeling while shutting down their minds completely. Windows 10 has less useful functionality than Windows 7, is hella less stable than Windows 7, is less user-friendly than Windows 7, offers a PC admin less control than Windows 7, is more invasive than Windows 7, has in-OS ads which Windows 7 has, and constantly resets customized file-associations to force people into using MS applications, which Windows 7 doesn't do. Also, Win 10 is littered with "bugs" that are intentional, to keep people using MS services - things like issues with changing default apps away from MS ones.

This is Windows 10:

Windows 10 is an invasive, user-fighting, buggy early-beta-demo-version of Windows, that is ad-supported, and is a constant chore and headache to keep set up, and to get it to do what a user wants it to.

On the other hand, Windows 7, up until June / July 2015, is the full version of Windows, which just works, obeys the user, and doesn't collect a user's data for resale to make MS money, and doesn't try to trick the user at every turn, or even at all.

Not much of a choice for me-some apps that my Mum uses for work require Windows 10 so I end up testing the updates and each version to ensure that there are no problems that would leave her without her computer. Its all shits and giggles with my laptop though. All drivers so far (including the last ones for its Mobility Radeon HD5650 and HD4250, and under Windows 7 and 10) see a performance drop in OpenGL games, with the FPS only being 1 third of the FPS under the drivers released by HP in 2010. So with that laptop I actually had another reason to not use Windows 10.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

10 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

@Doobeedoo

Thanks for the worthless post... #msfanboy

Wow I'm an MS fanboy, I didn't know. Thanks normie.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

They should release a "Lite " version of their OS.

Something specifically designed for idiots who don't have a clue about how a computer works and who won't even try to understand. Issue with their last moves is that they're going apple's way to lock down more computer so that average Joe's have something even simpler to use. 

Uninstall the update, problem solved.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

39 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Uninstall the update, problem solved.

But some updates are important security fixes, what now?

linux master race.

8 minutes ago, Kunter said:

If you don't keep your PC up to date then you lose support for that device. You must REMAIN up to date throughout the product's lifecycle.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

29 minutes ago, Kunter said:

From the OP's link:

"Also from October 2016 onwards, Windows will release a single Security-only update. This update collects all of the security patches for that month into a single update. Unlike the Monthly Rollup, the Security-only update will only include new security patches that are released for that month. Individual patches will no longer be available."

Also, from this Ars article: http://arstechnica.com/business/2016/08/windows-7-8-1-moving-to-windows-10s-cumulative-update-model/

"Microsoft will also create security-only updates that include all the security fixes released each month, without any reliability or feature changes. These updates won't be cumulative. They will only be offered via WSUS and SCCM; WU users won't see them."

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

6 hours ago, JoshB2084 said:

Hello MS,

3d145bc646d5566d46b28f57ffc1e01b.png

Bye...

From,

Josh

2 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Windows 7 is a complete and stable OS, and doesn't need further functionality updates. If a person wants the continuing security updates for Windows 7, then install only those, and not the other update types MS releases. Or, simply don't download any further updates from MS (if you know what you're doing with your online habits).

Microsoft has fired so many thousands of its staff over the last 3 years that it no longer is capable of producing a competent OS, and Windows 10 is grossly inferior to both Windows 7 and 8 in too many ways. Windows 10 is unstable and unreliable, and each new major Win 10 update brings as many new bugs as it fixes. Windows 10 is probably the most buggy OS Microsoft has released since Windows 95. Windows 10 simply is not a professional OS. It's like an indie-dev's prototype that never solidifies into anything great, but just morphs from one bloated and troubled presentation to another.

Some people are caught up in a sentiment of Windows 10 being new and the future, and they just want to ride that fluffy feeling while shutting down their minds completely. Windows 10 has less useful functionality than Windows 7, is hella less stable than Windows 7, is less user-friendly than Windows 7, offers a PC admin less control than Windows 7, is more invasive than Windows 7, has in-OS ads which Windows 7 doesn't, and constantly resets customized file-associations to force people into using MS applications, which Windows 7 doesn't do. Also, Win 10 is littered with "bugs" that are intentional, to keep people using MS services - things like issues with changing default apps away from MS ones.

This is Windows 10:

If a program starts doing that on a person's PC, it's called malware. And it's not different when Microsoft does it, through Windows.

Windows 10 is an invasive, user-fighting, buggy early-beta-demo-version of Windows, that is ad-supported, and is a constant chore and headache to keep set up, and to get it to do what a user wants it to.

4 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

You know, all Microsoft has to do, is create an off-switch for that on the Pro version of windows, which will satisfy most of us. I see the cumulative and mandatory updates as a good thing for the average computer user. 

I misunderstood what cumulative updates meant. Yeah, everything into a single package can be a pain. I suppose one way of doing things is just always wait for a month to see if there are any issues with the latest update. 

As I've said before, you must REMAIN up to date (always have the newest update) to be supported on Windows.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

If the reports are accurate and this applies to security and reliability updates, I don't see this as a bad thing, other than the download may be bigger than needed since you will inevitably be downloading in part what you have already. If it more the optional updates that causes problems. There is a but, for example, the telemetry updates they've been pushing for a while. Would they put that under "reliability"? I wouldn't, but this is MS so they probably would...

I've also been going the other direction for secondary PCs, in that I wonder if it is worth updating at all. I've long removed anti-virus since that is just a performance killer. Updates are too time consuming under the current system. Before anyone goes security paranoia on me, my main daily use PCs do have assorted protection and is kept up to date. I'm only applying this to other systems that are non-critical.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Well basicly the Windows7 update system is completely broken anyways.

They still have not fixed their endless scanning for updates without finding anything on certain machines.

And the cpu hogg and memory leaking in svchost caused by wauserv isnt fixed either.

The best way to keep your current windows7 install up to date,

is simply downloading a clean iso and slipstream security updates manualy.

11 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

Well basicly the Windows7 update system is completely broken anyways.

They still have not fixed their endless scanning for updates without finding anything on certain machines.

And the cpu hogg and memory leaking in svchost caused by wauserv isnt fixed either.

The best way to keep your current windows7 install up to date,

is simply downloading a clean iso and slipstream security updates manualy.

Wait, so in over 5 years MS still hasn't fucking fixed svchost in Windows 7?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

37 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

As I've said before, you must REMAIN up to date (always have the newest update) to be supported on Windows.

Do you mean "up to date" in the sense of having the latest version of Windows, or having the latest security patch for whatever Windows version you are running?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Do you mean "up to date" in the sense of having the latest version of Windows, or having the latest security patch for whatever Windows version you are running?

A combination of both would be advised. But you could survive with just the latest update for your Windows Version (although upgrading to Windows 10 wouldn't be a bad idea).

Here's stuff from my Windows 10 support guide although this mostly applies to all Windows versions now:

Q: So then how do you get continuous support throughout Windows 10?

A: Always stay up to date and download the latest Windows update as they come out.

Q: What if I don't want to install it right away?

A: You will also be fine so long as you've updated Windows somewhat recently

Q: How long can I hold off on an update?

A: For 3 months for Windows 10 Professional Edition OR much longer for enterprise users.

Q: What happens if I miss the above deadlines?

A: You won't receive any support or updates from Microsoft. So in this case it's best to reinstall /reset Windows 10.

15 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I hate fucking Micro$oft. Sadly i have to use windows as a gamer. I hope linux will get better for gamer

Just saying

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

welcome to windows. Really though the biggest security hole in windows is people not updating and that is what Microsoft I bet are planning to address.

up to date = more secure.

if you want control get a linux os

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

1 hour ago, vorticalbox said:

welcome to windows. Really though the biggest security hole in windows is people not updating and that is what Microsoft I bet are planning to address.

up to date = more secure.

You sure about that? Updating was what caused my PC to become infected with ads, and spyware, making me vulnerable to having my data taken, and is what caused me to lose control over my app settings, and it also locked me out of various basic OS controls. The only way to get rid of all the problems was with a clean installation of Windows 7 pre-Aug 2015.

7 hours ago, mate_mate91 said:

Actually many new games come to linux too. For others you always can install windows in VM and make PCI/VGA passthrough. You will get 95-98% performance of your GPU in virtual machine. Trust me if i gave you 2 PCs one with native windows and other one with VM like i said above you WILL NOT guess which one is VM.

If I have to install Windows anyway what the hell is the point of installing Linux in the first place? I have zero interest in dual-booting or booting up a VM to play games and if those VM solutions require me to buy a program in order to have the same functionality I already do with a Windows install I'm even less interested.

This is a good thing, although a better solution would be to ditch those old OS' entirely and go for Windows 10.

My rigs:

Spoiler

NEW Ryzinator build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3950X 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-3066

Storage: (3x) Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5", Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750

Additional fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 4GB

Display: MSI 27L Optix MAG272QP @ 165Hz

OLD Build (SOLD):

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX (VRM overheating, don't buy) RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM GPU: Onboard ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D Storage: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB, 119GB SAMSUNG MMCRE28G5MXP-0VBH1 (SSD), 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA)  PSU: Be quiet! - Straight Power 10 400 Watt Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 

Retro gaming build:

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 Coppermine @ 800MHz Motherboard: Asus P2B i440BX BIOS 1012 FSB: 133 MHz RAM: 1x 128MB Hynix PC133 SDR SDRAM GPU: ATi Radeon 9200 256MB AGP Case: Full Tower case (unbranded) Storage: CompactFlash card to IDE converter (16GB card) Sound Card: Aztech 2320 ISA Cooling: Stock heatsink fan OS: Windows 98 Second Edition

I'm also not even going to read the rest of the comments here. You guys are kinda weird, why do you guys make a positive thing into a negative thing just because you don't like Microsoft?? This is a perfect solution to the slow Windows Update that's bugging people who use older versions of Windows. A shame that people have to put on a tinfoil hat for everything that a big company does.

My rigs:

Spoiler

NEW Ryzinator build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3950X 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-3066

Storage: (3x) Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5", Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750

Additional fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 4GB

Display: MSI 27L Optix MAG272QP @ 165Hz

OLD Build (SOLD):

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX (VRM overheating, don't buy) RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM GPU: Onboard ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D Storage: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB, 119GB SAMSUNG MMCRE28G5MXP-0VBH1 (SSD), 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA)  PSU: Be quiet! - Straight Power 10 400 Watt Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 

Retro gaming build:

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 Coppermine @ 800MHz Motherboard: Asus P2B i440BX BIOS 1012 FSB: 133 MHz RAM: 1x 128MB Hynix PC133 SDR SDRAM GPU: ATi Radeon 9200 256MB AGP Case: Full Tower case (unbranded) Storage: CompactFlash card to IDE converter (16GB card) Sound Card: Aztech 2320 ISA Cooling: Stock heatsink fan OS: Windows 98 Second Edition