Win7 and 8.1 to get cumulative updates – you no longer control your Win7 or 8.1 machine

jagdtigger

If you don't like Microsoft's direction they are taking then VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET! Switch to another OS as your daily OS and don't use Microsoft software. For people complaining about game support on Linux, dual booting is a thing.

-KuJoe

28 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

If you don't like Microsoft's direction they are taking then VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET! Switch to another OS as your daily OS and don't use Microsoft software. For people complaining about game support on Linux, dual booting is a thing.

Exactly, the only way to change things is to boycott what you don't like simple as that

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

I don't think you understand what "Telemetry" means.

Telemetry means information about the hardware on your PC (very useful for game devs, app devs and Windows devs to know how devices with certain specs perform), performance (E.g is the UI responsive and fluid, is something hogging the CPU etc), crash statistics (E.g. did the News App install incorrectly or does the calculator freeze?) and what parts of Windows you use most often (So the Windows devs can figure out what should be a priority to improve or at least consider improving).

Some of these apps are not exactly pleasant to deal with. I'm not sure how aware the Windows Team is of what 3rd party apps get installed by default. This is probably the marketing or sales department organizing a deal with another company without the knowledge of the Windows Team.

Google shoves Google Now down Android users throats  and yet nobody seems to complain. Cortana is optional. It is hard to avoid because they want people to use it. There are very few down sides to using Cortana.

it was accidental. They had a bug where it was using the default Windows settings instead of the user's settings.

It's just using the default installation stuff for updating on major Windows 10 updates. You are effectively using a new OS every time Windows 10 is updated on a large scale.

The "Anniversary Update" is a new OS. Windows 10 installs it as if it were a new OS.

Double Standard are fucking stupid

You let Google shove their Google Services down your throat on Android phones. But let's be real, what Google is doing is worse than what Microsoft is doing.

So security and new features are not things you value in an OS?

Disabling updates means that if you ever encounter an error it cannot be fixed by Microsoft. You are vulnerable to any exploits, bugs, security flaws or issues with Windows 7.

Also, Double Standard. Either use Windows all the time or use it none of the time. use it for gaming and everything you do or don't use it at all. Nobody is forcing you to use Windows.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

I've seen that used quite a bit lately-and each time its been quite true.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

I've seen that used quite a bit lately-and each time its been quite true.

this time it just fitted perfectly in 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Windows 10 shouldn't even be referred to as an OS. It's a nightmare and a chore to get operating under a user's control, and unlike Windows 7, where it just works, and it stays working, Windows 10 always has some chore that needs to be done for it. With Windows 10, it's like having an OS has become the goal, and there are countless tasks involved in just simply having that OS. In Windows 7, the point of having an OS is so that the user can do things, that aren't defined as fighting the OS, getting the OS re-configured, working around bugs, dealing with instability, installing updates that add nothing useful or wanted but cause new bugs to appear...

Windows 10 is a nightmare of an OS, and Microsoft isn't even trying anymore with Windows 10. Win 10 is simply a platform for Microsoft to leech people's data and force people to use MS apps against their wills. Windows 10 is by no means a full OS, it is a bad and miserable parody of an OS, and a constant chore for its users.

There is literally no reason why anyone should want to use Windows 10, other than them having fluffy sentiments that they're a part of the future by doing so. Meanwhile, the only things that Windows 7 won't do are the things that Microsoft has artificially made not possible on Windows 7, for the sake of pushing people to Windows 10. It's like people who think that's the future think that someone breaking your leg so that you have to pay for their medical services is the future. What a shitty future those people envision. The shit is here, and it's called Windows 10.

Like I said before:

Windows 10 has less useful functionality than Windows 7, is hella less stable than Windows 7, is less user-friendly than Windows 7, offers a PC admin less control than Windows 7, is more invasive than Windows 7, has in-OS ads which Windows 7 has, and constantly resets customized file-associations to force people into using MS applications, which Windows 7 doesn't do. Also, Win 10 is littered with "bugs" that are intentional, to keep people using MS services - things like issues with changing default apps away from MS ones.

MicroShit Shitsoft, Shitshit... Windows 10 and modern MS just plain sucks anyway a person objectively looks at it.

I've gone back to Windows 7, and I think it's for good. Windows 10 is an every-day hassle, limitation, and aggravation, and I don't need that in my life.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I don't think you understand what "Telemetry" means.

Telemetry means information about the hardware on your PC (very useful for game devs, app devs and Windows devs to know how devices with certain specs perform), performance (E.g is the UI responsive and fluid, is something hogging the CPU etc), crash statistics (E.g. did the News App install incorrectly or does the calculator freeze?) and what parts of Windows you use most often (So the Windows devs can figure out what should be a priority to improve or at least consider improving).

Do not care what it means, i disabled all stuff i could but but it still had a decent amount of traffic. Disabled win update and leaved the PC to idle without ny background apps, but the activity remained the same. And my PC didnt have any problems at the time so i wonder what else was being sent. Until i see a reputable analysis on this "telemtry", especially what is being sent i will hold back mi trust...

Some of these apps are not exactly pleasant to deal with. I'm not sure how aware the Windows Team is of what 3rd party apps get installed by default. This is probably the marketing or sales department organizing a deal with another company without the knowledge of the Windows Team.

Itrs still ad and my PC is not a phone so i dont want ads showed on it(thats why i use adblock in my browser).

Google shoves Google Now down Android users throats  and yet nobody seems to complain. Cortana is optional. It is hard to avoid because they want people to use it. There are very few down sides to using Cortana.

Its not optional, with AU it cannot be disabled... And i dont care if it has downsides or not, if someone decides that he/she needs it then its a reasonable expectation that they could disable it completely, same goes to web search when you intend to search only on your computer. BTW stop using this flawed analogy with google and android. A phone and a PC is very different. But just for the sake of argument, no one is forces you to use googles stuff. You can change the default ones as you please. I go one step further, you can even install AOSP or other ROM on your phone that do not have the google stuff preinstalled(if your phone is locked then blame manufacturer).

it was accidental. They had a bug where it was using the default Windows settings instead of the user's settings.

Well then they didnt fixed it. I had to re-apply all myí tweaks after every update. Sorry but i dont have time for Microsofts childish games...

The "Anniversary Update" is a new OS. Windows 10 installs it as if it were a new OS.

That is not an excuse, its not that hard to write a script to check if the user decided to uninstall them or not. But as expected they didnt done that just reinsall them and reset the defaults to use their crap. No thanks, i have better things to do.

Double Standard are fucking stupid

Double standard? You mean the mobile vs PC? Then you are in the wrong here because these two piece of technic hase different usecases so its natural that people have different expectations for them. And i dont remember insulting you so show some respect.>:(

You let Google shove their Google Services down your throat on Android phones. But let's be real, what Google is doing is worse than what Microsoft is doing.

Android=/=google. You can use any app instead of theirs....

Disabling updates means that if you ever encounter an error it cannot be fixed by Microsoft. You are vulnerable to any exploits, bugs, security flaws or issues with Windows 7.

First off that exploit has to find a way onto my PC. But thats inpossible if i only play games on it and no web browsing or any other "risky" stuff.

Also, Double Standard. Either use Windows all the time or use it none of the time. use it for gaming and everything you do or don't use it at all. Nobody is forcing you to use Windows.

No double standard here. MS proven that he wants to screw over me(and many others) and i made my counter reaction. This all or nothing viewpoint takes you nowhere.

On 16-8-2016 at 1:59 PM, Dabombinable said:

Wait, so in over 5 years MS still hasn't fucking fixed svchost in Windows 7?

Nope and they will never fix it.

Because they are such a stupid company, that they can´t fix anything.

I mean look at the reports about broken systems, after the new Windows10 Aniversary update.

One update they bring out might fix an issue, but will also cause gazillion new issues.

I have no idea what those guys at those insider programms are doing.

But one thing is obvious, they have no clue how to fix their shit.

Microsoft should realy take an example of the Linux open source community, and how they deal with certain bug fixes, with rolling release distributions.

Because they do it way faster and better.

38 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Do not care what it means, i disabled all stuff i could but but it still had a decent amount of traffic. Disabled win update and leaved the PC to idle without ny background apps, but the activity remained the same. And my PC didnt have any problems at the time so i wonder what else was being sent. Until i see a reputable analysis on this "telemtry", especially what is being sent i will hold back mi trust...

So your saying that you don't give a shit about what happens to your computer? Cos i could've sworn you meant to say just the opposite.

Telemetry is there to help developers understand what happens inside apps or programs. If there is none then developers can't help you when you have a problem with a program.

Itrs still ad and my PC is not a phone so i dont want ads showed on it(thats why i use adblock in my browser).

You're right. A PC != A phone.

Its not optional, with AU it cannot be disabled... And i dont care if it has downsides or not, if someone decides that he/she needs it then its a reasonable expectation that they could disable it completely, same goes to web search when you intend to search only on your computer. BTW stop using this flawed analogy with google and android. A phone and a PC is very different. But just for the sake of argument, no one is forces you to use googles stuff. You can change the default ones as you please. I go one step further, you can even install AOSP or other ROM on your phone that do not have the google stuff preinstalled(if your phone is locked then blame manufacturer).

.................. If you don't like Windows then use Linux or stop complaining. Nobody wants to hear it.

Well then they didnt fixed it. I had to re-apply all myí tweaks after every update. Sorry but i dont have time for Microsoft's childish games...

There was a bug. Big Deal! Bugs occur in software all the time. You may not even notice half of them and the devs may not either

That is not an excuse, its not that hard to write a script to check if the user decided to uninstall them or not. But as expected they didnt done that just reinsall them and reset the defaults to use their crap. No thanks, i have better things to do.

If it's so easy then why don't you make one.

Double standard? You mean the mobile vs PC? Then you are in the wrong here because these two piece of technic hase different usecases so its natural that people have different expectations for them. And i dont remember insulting you so show some respect.>:(

Not really. the target market for both are identical. People who like or love Windows OR people who want to achieve/do more.

If you don't fit into this category then this is not the product for you.

Android=/=google. You can use any app instead of theirs....

But Google Now is installed by default and you really hated Cortana so why don't you hate Google Now?

First off that exploit has to find a way onto my PC. But thats inpossible if i only play games on it and no web browsing or any other "risky" stuff.

Did you know that with Rainbow Six Siege, somebody could find your IP address and GPS location (to my knowledge)? I thought you didn't do risky stuff. if Ubisoft are doing this then who else isn't doing it?

No double standard here. MS proven that he wants to screw over me(and many others) and i made my counter reaction. This all or nothing viewpoint takes you nowhere.

They don't want to make anybody unhappy. if you don't like it then just use an alternative to it. use Linux instead.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

47 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

Nope and they will never fix it.

Because they are such a stupid company, that they can´t fix anything.

I mean look at the reports about broken systems, after the new Windows10 Aniversary update.

One update they bring out might fix an issue, but will also cause gazillion new issues.

I have no idea what those guys at those insider programms are doing.

But one thing is obvious, they have no clue how to fix their shit.

Microsoft should realy take an example of the Linux open source community, and how they deal with certain bug fixes, with rolling release distributions.

Because they do it way faster and better.

But since Windows is generally a paid-for-product and controlled solely by MS , updates aren't done by the more competent open source community

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Soo.. as an admin: ive had a loooot less technical issues with windows 10 vs 7. And windows 8 was such a UI nightmare headache. Dropping silverlight with Edge has made 3rd party companies I deal with move over to HTML5 instead which has allowed for easier troubleshooting as well.

The only complaint I can give it that now I cant disable the store via GPO anymore on pro. Which I cant REALLY be mad at since I should be doing volume licensing. 

Now with that said, WIN7 and 8 cumulative updates are a godsend. i do not have the time to wait for 200 individual updates to download, then install, and for 15 to fail. Cumulative updates are also, for the most part, critical updates. Youd still have a number that you need to download separately. 

I'm not sure how anyone can complain about their system becoming more of a market place than it was before. Literally every interface we are using these days push a market place. If you didnt want that to eventually reach then PC then you shouldnt have let it happen in other devices.

Also, anyone who disables MS telemetry, then sees those programs constantly trying to reach out to MS and says "see how much it talks to MS" is an idiot. If it cant connect then it will continue to try to. The same way you dont give up calling a person after one try. 

imagine if I told my systems that "If you cant reach the DNS after one try then give up". We would have no internet, no one would. Thats why its "try to connect to the DNS  A LOT before giving up"

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

But since Windows is generally a paid-for-product and controlled solely by MS , updates aren't done by the more competent open source community

Thats what Microsoft should have done.

Just going open source with Windows10 and let the community go all the way with it.

It would be way better, like for instance Linux Suse or Redhat, they are a premium paid Linux distribution with great support, and that what companies and buisnesses pay for.

They also have free open source spinoff distributions that can be used by the general home user like Fedora, or Open suse.

But yeah Microsoft wants to make money out of every single user that use their services.

They collect as much data as they possible can on every user, and its getting worse every single update.

Aside from every single update allways seems to break something.

They are just too stupid to fix anything.

Next to that Windows (10) is the most unreliable and insecure OS to use.

Just look at the manny reports and complaints about broken systems after a certain update.

Or just look at the manny virus and malware infections effecting Windows users mainaly.

And still continue forcing their crap towards people.

I realy cannot understand why they still dont face manny more lawsuits yet.

Windows 7 will definitely be my last version of Windows that i will use.

Because they are heading direction with Windows10 that i personaly dont like at all.

And since Linux distribution development is realy starting to make progresses in the upcomming years,

it might be a very good replacement for Windows.

Especialy with Vulkan being crossplatform.

The only version of Windows10 that could be reasonable to use would be the Enterprise LTSB version.

Because this particular version doesnt contain all their modern apps shit, and also no cortana and no edge, no store etc.

Next to that they only get security and long term support updates.

The only thing i´m currious about is how manny telemetry and spying there still is present in the LTSB version without all that crap.

The only sadd thing is that Enterprise LTSB wont be availeble for home users.

I do have a copy of it laying arround, but i never had the motivation to look at it yet.

Because i allready know that it will cause tons of frustrations, headaches and stress. :P

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

If you know how to turn off Cortana completely, please say. You can turn off parts of it, but I still see Cortana in task manager, chewing up huge chunks of CPU time and doing who knows what in the background that I never asked for.

As for Google Now, Linus covered it in a previous Wan show. There is a difference in acceptability, speculated to be perhaps due to the difference between a desktop OS and a mobile OS. The expectations are different. I know with Win10 there is meant to be a convergence so the lines are blurring.

There may be significant updates, but I'd argue it doesn't count as a new OS. In the old days, it would be called a SP at most. MS should honour and retain user settings and a lot of the things they do change, shouldn't be necessary for ongoing functioning.

But let's be real, what Google is doing is worse than what Microsoft is doing.

Your argument is: Google is Bad. MS is not as bad. Stop hating on MS.

It's still bad, and they would love to be more like Google. I see a tradeoff in value. I knowingly give info to Google, as what they offer in exchange is worth it. MS don't have that value return.

I look at security and features as an ROI consideration. As a parallel example, I don't run anti-virus on all my systems. In all the years that I have run AV, I have never had a genuine virus detection. I have had many false positives (usually as PUPs that weren't), and it saps performance noticeably even on high end hardware. On balance, it costs me time and money to run AV, that with my multi-layer backup strategy it would be cheaper and easier to recover from an infection than to run excessive protection software. Note I'm not saying I don't run AV at all, just not on all the systems all the time.

Back to Windows, a lot of the changes MS have added over the years could be considered in the same way. Performance drops, or things are added/changed which get in the way, in the name of security.

OS choice is like politics. There is no good choice. There is no right choice. There is only a least-worst choice. For a lot of people, that is still Windows. I would pick Windows over MacOS, Linux or whatever, but is Windows perfect? Hell no.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

So your saying that you don't give a shit about what happens to your computer? Cos i could've sworn you meant to say just the opposite.

Telemetry is there to help developers understand what happens inside apps or programs. If there is none then developers can't help you when you have a problem with a program.

You believe that crap, then enlighten mewhy i seen a ton of activity on the network card for hours when the PC was supposedly idle? Hm? I care about my PC yes, thats why i stay the hell away from that crap.

/EDIT

Just to refresh your memory, all background processes were killed or/and disabled win update included. And disabled as much telemetry as i could(it wasnt a short to do list thats for sure).

.................. If you don't like Windows then use Linux or stop complaining. Nobody wants to hear it.

"Only the Sith deal in absolutes" The world isnt just black and white you know...

There was a bug. Big Deal! Bugs occur in software all the time. You may not even notice half of them and the devs may not either

Yeah of course, a bug that wasnt fixed for several releases... Dou you really think im dumb enough to believe that? :lol:

If it's so easy then why don't you make one.

Closed source...

Not really. the target market for both are identical. People who like or love Windows OR people who want to achieve/do more.

If you don't fit into this category then this is not the product for you.

They arent identical. A phone and a PC have very different use cases and input devices... 

But Google Now is installed by default and you really hated Cortana so why don't you hate Google Now?

Because you can disable it completely(with root or from 6.0 without root)?

Did you know that with Rainbow Six Siege, somebody could find your IP address and GPS location (to my knowledge)? I thought you didn't do risky stuff. if Ubisoft are doing this then who else isn't doing it?

So what if they get my IP, the HW firewall in my network will stop them. And getting my GPS loc from an IP? Are you living in a dream world or what?

They don't want to make anybody unhappy. if you don't like it then just use an alternative to it. use Linux instead.

As i wrote, i will run linux for all except gaming, that task is for win7.

@Delicieuxz

Thanks a lot for the links to download Windows7 June/July 2015 updated in case my OEM W7 Home gets fucked.

Microsoft has done terrible shit things I no longer trust them. The last time when I updated my Windows7 was in 2014.

Since then, i trtied automatic updates to stay it on on but then it fucked my settings and other programs like

they will not work with old versions. Since then I'll always turn that shit automatic updates off.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

2 hours ago, porina said:

There may be significant updates, but I'd argue it doesn't count as a new OS. In the old days, it would be called a SP at most. MS should honour and retain user settings and a lot of the things they do change, shouldn't be necessary for ongoing functioning.

Regardless, the way MS handles it is a new OS install, just like when you from 7->10. It is functionally different than a service pack. Anything you see hapeen in an OS upgrade should be expected with anniversary style updates. MacOS is the same way, one setting being able to install applications from outside the store. you need to set it every time. 

1 hour ago, jagdtigger said:

You believe that crap, then enlighten mewhy i seen a ton of activity on the network card for hours when the PC was supposedly idle? Hm? I care about my PC yes, thats why i stay the hell away from that crap.

i'll quote what i said elsewhere.

Also, anyone who disables MS telemetry components, then sees those programs constantly trying to reach out to MS and says "see how much it talks to MS" is an idiot. If it cant connect then it will continue to try to. The same way you dont give up calling a person after one try. 

imagine if I told my systems that "If you cant reach the DNS after one try then give up". We would have no internet, no one would. Thats why its "try to connect to the DNS  A LOT before giving up"

On 8/16/2016 at 4:35 AM, Delicieuxz said:

Microsoft has fired so many thousands of its staff over the last 3 years that it no longer is capable of producing a competent OS, and Windows 10 is grossly inferior to both Windows 7 and 8 in too many ways. Windows 10 is unstable and unreliable, and each new major Win 10 update brings as many new bugs as it fixes. Windows 10 is probably the most buggy OS Microsoft has released since Windows 95. Windows 10 simply is not a professional OS. It's like an indie-dev's prototype that never solidifies into anything great, but just morphs from one bloated and troubled presentation to another.

640x480xwindows-me-desktop.png.pagespeed

Hi :D

It's like everyone forgot Windows Me exists. (I don't blame 'em.)

4 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

i'll quote what i said elsewhere.

Also, anyone who disables MS telemetry components, then sees those programs constantly trying to reach out to MS and says "see how much it talks to MS" is an idiot. If it cant connect then it will continue to try to. The same way you dont give up calling a person after one try. 

Yes it is true when you block it with a firewall on the local network. But in my case it was done via hosts file (redirected to 127.0.0.1) and registry tweaks ;) .

Edited by jagdtigger

1 minute ago, jagdtigger said:

Yes it is true whgen you block it with a firewall on the local network. But in my case it wa done via hosts file and registry tweaks ;) .

As an IT Admin, I can tell you theres a lot more to it than that. Youve disabled components at the most. other programs and other functions of windows still have data to try and send. They just arent sure where to send it now. it doesnt mean they wont ping out to see where they need to go. And if it can reach out it will replace what ever you removed.

Telemetry is critical to MS, so you wont be able to disable it completely.  

20 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

As an IT Admin, I can tell you theres a lot more to it than that. Youve disabled components at the most. other programs and other functions of windows still have data to try and send. They just arent sure where to send it now. it doesnt mean they wont ping out to see where they need to go. And if it can reach out it will replace what ever you removed.

Telemetry is critical to MS, so you wont be able to disable it completely.  

That is the problem. I do not want my PC to send anything back to MS, if i say that i dont want to send back any data to the DEV a software should respect that. Plus they added it in secret, and there is not a single reputable source what is being sent, tools popped up to disable it but as it turned out as you say it cant be disabled. Until these(and some other) issues are not fixed win10 remains in the spyware category as far im concerned...

What MS did, and still does lately is seriously shady so its not a surprise if people do not trust in it anymore ;) .

16 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

That is the problem. I do not want my PC to send anything back to MS, if i say that i dont want to send back any data to the DEV a software should respect that. Plus they added it in secret, and there is not a single reputable source what is being sent, tools popped up to disable it but as it turned out as you say it cant be disabled. Until these(and some other) issues are not fixed win10 remains in the spyware category as far im concerned...

What MS did, and still does lately is seriously shady so its not a surprise if people do not trust in it anymore ;) .

Youre not wrong in not wanting that, i also dont see any reason why it matters. Unless its key logging you it just doesnt make a difference other than giving you a smoother experience in the log run. 

Either way i was just replying to this bit you posted. 

"You believe that crap, then enlighten mewhy i seen a ton of activity on the network card for hours when the PC was supposedly idle? Hm? I care about my PC yes, thats why i stay the hell away from that crap."

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

Youre not wrong in not wanting that, i also dont see any reason why it matters. Unless its key logging you it just doesnt make a difference other than giving you a smoother experience in the log run. 

Either way i was just replying to this bit you posted. 

"You believe that crap, then enlighten mewhy i seen a ton of activity on the network card for hours when the PC was supposedly idle? Hm? I care about my PC yes, thats why i stay the hell away from that crap."

Well that is the other thing, it has one built in:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2974057/windows/how-to-turn-off-windows-10s-keylogger-yes-it-still-has-one.html

http://wccftech.com/turn-off-windows-10-keylogger/

Sure there is a kill switch, but is it really killing it or is just a show off just like the telemetry switches? I dont know, thats why i dont mentioned it...

51 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Well that is the other thing, it has one built in:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2974057/windows/how-to-turn-off-windows-10s-keylogger-yes-it-still-has-one.html

http://wccftech.com/turn-off-windows-10-keylogger/

Sure there is a kill switch, but is it really killing it or is just a show off just like the telemetry switches? I dont know, thats why i dont mentioned it...

Toggeling off those switches doesnt do a single shit.

It wont stop logging atall.

If you read the EULA carefully there are basicly 2 options ON an ON.

Windows10 is just straight up spyware.

On 8/15/2016 at 7:40 PM, Energycore said:

There are distros that are easier to use than Windows. It's the magic of an open source kernel.

Anything with MATE or KDE 5 desktop is gucci. GNOME 3 and Unity basically gave me headaches. LXDE is literally Windows XP.

As for distros, it's the "app store" (package managers) you have to deal with, or compile source code. 

As for Arch or Gentoo... Unless you like to build OSes from scratch I wouldn't touch them.

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.