NVIDIAS LATEST DRIVERS KILLING GPUS AND BRICKING THEM / BLOWING UP PUTERS

El Diablo
1 minute ago, MageTank said:

Was gonna say. My brothers and my father all have nvidia GPU's, ranging as far back as G92 (9800 GT) to Fermi, to Maxwell, with me having Kepler. All of us are using this latest driver (Geforce experience automatically downloads them) and have not had any issues with it. I manually downloaded mine, as I wanted to see if it helped with The Division, but aside from no real performance improvement on my end, I have not had any negative side effects from updating.

same here...and i would add that i won't recall having any driver related issue with nvidia drivers ever since i been using a single nvidia GPU which mean since the day i got my GTX 780 about 3 years ago...not a single issue (well there was the witcher 3 driver that released along with project cars..that driver i saw a 10% performance lost pretty much accross the board and fortunately nvidia launched a fixed driver 2 days after....but AMD fanboys are still picking on them for that.)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

same here...and i would add that i won't recall having any driver related issue with nvidia drivers ever since i been using a single nvidia GPU which mean since the day i got my GTX 780 about 3 years ago...not a single issue (well there was the witcher 3 driver that released along with project cars..that driver i saw a 10% performance lost pretty much accross the board and fortunately nvidia launched a fixed driver 2 days after....but AMD fanboys are still picking on them for that.)

My brother had an issue recently with a multi-monitor setup, but it has been fixed. As for me, same story as you. Had this GTX 770 for quite a while, and a GTX 560 Ti before that. No issues from the drivers. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

My brother had an issue recently with a multi-monitor setup, but it has been fixed. As for me, same story as you. Had this GTX 770 for quite a while, and a GTX 560 Ti before that. No issues from the drivers. 

multi-monitor users had a bad driver not long ago that was confirmed...and if you use SLI then you are bound that have issues here and there it's part of the game...but other than that my experience has been flawless, and geforce experience is amazing IMHO.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

multi-monitor users had a bad driver not long ago that was confirmed...and if you use SLI then you are bound that have issues here and there it's part of the game...but other than that my experience has been flawless, and geforce experience is amazing IMHO.

He wasn't using SLI. He uses a single GTX 970 for gaming, and he has two monitors for multi-tasking such as talking on Skype and browsing the web. Part of the problem was a bug with full screen exclusive operating as Windowed mode, making his GPU render across all 3 monitors even though he was gaming one just one of them. Nvidia suggested he edit the borders to see if it fixed his issue, which it did, and released an update not too long after that, which fixed the issues for most other people. 

As for multi-GPUs, i agree. I have never been a fan of SLI/Crossfire, mostly due to the headaches of games not supporting them half the time. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

36 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

This was an april fools prank orchestrated by Fudzilla. None of these posts is real.

Then how is it that I am starting to find some of these posts? https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/927078/geforce-drivers/official-364-72-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-3-28-16-/2/  ex #19,25,26

some of the others are in different threads which I can search for. I'm just curious of what is going on.

45 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

snip

Can you at least fix the clickbaity title?

Meh, expected since Pascal is just around the corner. /s

Not sure if related but my colleague reported some graphic corruption with Division and Dota 2 recently, gonna ask him if he updated to 364.xx branch.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

47 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

April fools in March?

A good AF prank sometimes requires weeks, if not months, of prep work. Got to lay down that foundation. Obviously people would see it as a prank if the news broke 4/1

edit

I feel all these new posts are just people hopping on the bandwagon just cause. It wouldn't be the first time gaggles of people lied on the internet ;) . I'm more likely to believe the people posting how there gpu broke after the update are actually amd users than genuine nvidia users with issues 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I still got my nVidia GeForce 3 Titanium

Q3_1600.gif

RESOLUTION IS JUST A NUMBER......... for now

who rembers this

Is it real yes or not?

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

970 here, been running these since day 1, zero issues.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I love watching people take an April Fools joke too seriously. It's a lot like watching a dog chase its tail.

April first has passed, you can cut it out, OP.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

1 hour ago, Accursed Entity said:

Is it real yes or not?

what do you think?

Why would fudzilla resort to harming nvidia for an aprils fool prank? Doesn't seem like what a site will do. They've even gone ahead to write another article on 5th april. 

I think it's just a few peeps having fried their cards and new sites dramatising it, again.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

STOP YELLING

But yeah, this sucks.

EDIT: I AM A MORON.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

STOP YELLING

But yeah, this sucks.

In case you have not noticed up to now, this was a pre-planned April Fools joke that spun out of control.

In other words, this never actually happened.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

9 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

In case you have not noticed up to now, this was a pre-planned April Fools joke that spun out of control.

Derp, derpidy derp derp derp derp. Derp derp derpidy derp derp derp.

I feel dumb :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

55 minutes ago, Suika said:

I love watching people take an April Fools joke too seriously. It's a lot like watching a dog chase its tail.

April first has passed, you can cut it out, OP.

It's not an April Fools joke. It existed well before April 1, and the latest update is from April 5.

13 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

April Fools jokes do not start in March and run on long after April 1.

I did a quick search for 364.72, and the first two results are the Reddit thread, followed by an article today on the super popular tech website called... Christian Today.

When a religious website is in the top three results in reference to a tech issue, it tends to cast doubt on the authenticity.

CPU: i7-4790K 4.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS Z-97K | GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR3-1866 CL10 | SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid-Tower | KB/M: Logitech Orion Spark G910/Razer Naga Epic

I was wondering why everything has been acting shit lately on my pc, im pretty sure i have that driver, it hasnt killed my GPU yet but i guess i should roll back on the asap :S no hotfix been released either, bleh 

EDIT: Even if its is an april fools joke, (a bad one at that) i have noticed significant performance drops in the past week or so and game crashes when youtubing and gaming in separate windows, which ive done fine until recently 

| MOBO MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | CPU i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz | RAM G.Skill 16GB 2133MHz | SSD Kingston 240GB / HDD Seagate 3TB | GPU MSI Gaming GTX 970 |

| Cooling CM Nepton 240M | Display Philips BDM4065UC 40in 4K | Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry Blue | Mouse Logitech G502 | Case Fractal Design Core 2500 |

PSU Rankings

BS, nobody's GPU was destroyed solely by a driver update.

The article references an NVidia forum thread where people claim that their GPU is broken because they couldn't get video after the driver update.

If these individuals tried booting into OS via integrated graphics, or plugging the OS drive into another PC and removing the GPU drivers, they could have fixed the problem immediately.

Instead of using their time to research and fix the issue, these individuals went online to whine and falsely claim that their GPU was destroyed by a driver.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

5 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

April Fools jokes do not start in March and run on long after April 1.

I have seen people plan April Fools jokes from the start of February, so that is not much to be surprised about. Also, like others have said, it spun out of control with people treating it as a fact, such as in here.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.